Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

That's so weird! I wonder how that member from Univisions forums got his letter? I'm gonna try to double-check with him if his PD is really Sep 16th.

These were the movements this fiscal year:

OCT - 07

NOV - 24

DEC - 30

JAN - 21

FEB - 24

MAR - 31

APR - 21

MAY - 24

JUN - 21

JUL - 40

AUG - 92

SEP - 14

As a side note... I'm current!!! OMG I cannot believe it, I'm shaking and could barely type this. I had to check my PD again to make sure this is real lol

Congratualtions!!! I am very happy to see at least one person here got their good news!!!!

Filed: Timeline

Thank you all for the congratulations!!

My interview was scheduled for 7:30 am, I arrived at 7:00 am and joined the line. At 7:00 the security came out and placed us in two lines, one for 7:15 appointments and one for 7:30 immigrant visa appointments.

Once inside, I was given a folder in which I was to placed all my documents to make it easily accessible. This didn't work well since I carried ALL my documents in my effort to be prepared. My name was called at around 9:00, at the window the clerk went through her file with me and asked for my original birth paper and a copy as well as the recent tax statements from my sponsors. She pointed an error on the affidavit of support and allowed me to correct it. She then took my passport and one of the pictures I walked with. I was given the DS230 to review, at this point I made a change to the address where I wanted the documents to be mailed in the US. This process took around 30 mins to complete. I was then asked to be seated and I would be called for an interview.

At around 10:00 my name was called and I proceeded to another window. I was asked my mom's name, what's the longest time I ever stayed in the US, and since I lived in Jamaica for three years, I was asked if I ever went back there to live or if I lived anywhere else. I was then asked if I made a reservation with DHL already which I had previously done.

That was it!!!

Visa Approved!!!! The interview was less than 5 mins!!!!

I was then asked to sign the DS230 and my birth certificate was returned.

To those with interviews coming up....good luck!!!

To those still waiting.....have faith you are almost there!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I had my interview reschedule and....so got delayed in posting reply.

My interview was schedule for morning 7.30 and by 8 am they called my name for submission of my documents.(Updated PCC,Updated petitioner W2) at the same time guy asked me when were u married to which i replied never been married.He was laughing and commented so you know abt it...

After 15 mins visa officer called me and asked me.

Who is calling you in USA.what is he doing?

Who called your Petitioner in USA.When did you met last time to your petitioner.(I was staying with them from last 5 years).Still they asked me to show few PICS with petitioner.

Finally they approved my visa.It did not took more than 5 mins for interview..

Best of luck to people who are waiting for I/L .....It was awesome journey with you all.....

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Fortunately, October brings with it a fresh batch of visa numbers, and perhaps movements will be the regular three to four weeks as of then.

I really enjoyed reading your notes, great analysis! I'm sure October will bring some good news and then we will all be able to enjoy that pizza :)

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi guys, just an update, I received my package today.

Hang in there!!

Congrats szoeie!!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi guys questions for all that are able to answer.

Did anyone send original documents to Nvc prior to case being completed?

Did you guys get back your original documents on interview date, eg:birth cert ?

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good news everyone! My interview was great, I am approved!kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

I will update my experience very soon. Thank you all!

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I had my interview today and my visa was approved! I got to the Consulate around 6am and one hour later i got inside the building and was told to fill out two papers and then put my documents in order. Thirty minutes later I was called to the window where a woman checked all the documents I submitted and the ones I was asked to bring along, everything went well, she took my fingerprints and told me to wait for my turn for the interview, which took around thirty minutes too. The consul was a young woman, very nice and polite, asked a few questions about my father and then told me my visa was approved. I had to go to the post office pay the courier fee and that's all!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hi guys questions for all that are able to answer.

Did anyone send original documents to Nvc prior to case being completed?

Did you guys get back your original documents on interview date, eg:birth cert ?

I sent notarized copies only, but after the interview they return all your original documents.

I had my interview today and my visa was approved! I got to the Consulate around 6am and one hour later i got inside the building and was told to fill out two papers and then put my documents in order. Thirty minutes later I was called to the window where a woman checked all the documents I submitted and the ones I was asked to bring along, everything went well, she took my fingerprints and told me to wait for my turn for the interview, which took around thirty minutes too. The consul was a young woman, very nice and polite, asked a few questions about my father and then told me my visa was approved. I had to go to the post office pay the courier fee and that's all!

Congrats to you too, mmateus.

Good news everyone! My interview was great, I am approved!kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

I will update my experience very soon. Thank you all!

I had my interview today and my visa was approved!

Congrats to you both! Great to see more of our group completing the process. It gives hope to us all.

Now you have to start packing!!

B

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

My appointment was schedule for 7am and I reach the embassy at 6:30am. We were place in two lines outside the embassy. Those for non-immigrant visa on the left and for immigrant on the right. Everyone appointment letters and passporst were checked and we were ask to removed all electronical devices, including, cellular phones, thumb drives, calculators, and makeups . In a matter of minutes we were ushered in the entrance of the embassy by groups of say 10 persons or more. We were ask to remove belts and offered a container to put belt, handbag and documents into. We went through the metal detector and wait while they rummage through our handbags. All went well there!

Went through the door to the courtyard where we were directed to have a seat. Shortly my row was ask to go inside, I joined the line which was long but move very fast. I show my appointment letter which the barcode was scanned and was given a number and told to go through the door, turn far right and have a seat. My number was A104. They didn't call in any order. A102 was called to window 5 first. Then I saw my number flash on the monitor, went to window 5 gave the lady my number and was ask for my passport, medical and police certificate, she took them, meanwhile talking politics to another lady not far from her; somehow that make me feel reassured, ask me why! I dont know! She also gave me 2 forms to sign saying I wont get married before I leave for the USA. She then suggest I do the finger printing procedure on the equipment next to me at the window, I did as she suggested

These questions were then asked:

1.Who's calling you to the USA?

2. What is the relationship to you?

3. What is your occupation?

I was given back my passport and a white card with 7am on it and was ask to take a seat. Now I had with me two large envelopes with new affidavit of support and tax returns for my petitioner and co-sponsor. Original and photocopied birth certificates for my petitioner and I. Also, copies of everthing that they ask for, I have it! About 20 mins I heard my name call to window 7, I stood up and walk directly to the window.

The CO was very polite: How are you this morning?

Me: I am very well, thank you!

He ask me to raise my right hand and sworn that all the information I submitted is truthful, I did as he ask and said, yes I do! He then ask me to sign the immigrant visa application, then he proceed to start asking me these questions:

CO: Who's calling you to the USA?

Me: Petitioner's name

CO: What is your occupation?

Me: Told him

CO: Have you ever been to the USA?

Me: No

CO:Have you ever travel outside Jamaica?

Me: Yes

CO: How long?

Me: 4 months

CO: Have you ever been arrested?

Me: Never!

CO: Have you ever harm anyone? 0_0

Me: Never!

CO: Miss XXX, all your documents are ok

He then took a green card, snap it in half, staple one side to my passport, put my passport on top of my paper work and close the lid, gave me the other half and said please do not make any travel arrangements until you recieved your package. I could hardly hear what he was saying, all I could think of is how comes he didnt took any of the documents that they had ask me to bring. I was shock, but I quickly compose myself and I ask him to please repeat. He comply and was smiling. This gentleman was so nice and ready to approved me that he forgot to take my DHL confirmation registration. I told him he did not took it, he apologize and I gave it to him. All I was thinking is how was I going to get my package, so I act fast! I was still dazed, I ask him if that was all, If I can go, he said sure.

I still can't believe he didn't want anything else! God is good and I know he is with me!

I want to say thanks to all my friends that has been with me for so many years, this has been one hell of a journey. I will never forget you all, even though I dont know your faces. To our new members, be strong! I know how painful it is to wait but in the end it is a truimph..........God Bless you all! One love!

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.