Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

As Nevermindz said you never know what to expect from them. But I would not worry because ils have been sent on and after vb in the past. We have a little bit of waiting to do before the next visa bulletin and I am of the view that we are going to get 5+ weeks movements because it was stated in the last visa bulletin.

I'm starting to lose hope for this bulletin now. Has anyone from our category received an IL, who wasn't current from before??

I don't think we can assume 5+ weeks. The bulletin advised anticipated movement up to 5 weeks. That could mean only one week.

Hopeful for more, but not holding out for it this time around.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I'm starting to lose hope for this bulletin now. Has anyone from our category received an IL, who wasn't current from before??

I don't think we can assume 5+ weeks. The bulletin advised anticipated movement up to 5 weeks. That could mean only one week.

Hopeful for more, but not holding out for it this time around.

The problem is just that someone with a pd of September 11, 2006 claimed to have received a letter, and if that's to be believed, then there's a movement of at least two weeks. But other people in our category with a PD earlier in September still haven't received anything.

All signs are pointing to there not being a big movement this month. I can't see why some would receive a letter but not others, by now. Last bulletin was way over 5 weeks. I don't know if that factors into a slower movement this month. I'm still hopeful for a movement of 5 weeks. I'd be current if that happens! But, won't hold my breath in expectation.

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

done with the interview,

she did not believe that the petitioner is my mother..

Passport, birth certificate, not good enough to prove it....

i had a green card years ago, have social security as well ( not enough)

they need photographs and ration card....

we dont even have ration card....

Please carry photos without fail....

any idea how long will it take once i send the photos they want??

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Simit I had to do a DNA.. Did they propose that u do DNA testing? I don't know why they didn't believe you.. I had a problem too because my dad had the wrong name on his birthcertificate than what was on mine and they wanted a host of things... Citizenship certificate, drivers license, passport etc and DNA...

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

"Closing a number of embassies and consulates over large areas of the Middle East and Africa" could be a factor delaying interview letters for this month. But this situation would be temporary, hopefully. God bless all F1 applicants and their families!

Timeline

I know that 2 persons got letters 11 Sep 2006 and 13 Sep 2006 so for this time movement 2 weeks.

I hope will be better! Good luck for us! ))

Are those the folks from the Russian website you showed us?

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

Well, there's hope for the rest of us, because the folks with an earlier PD are still waiting for letters, which means NVC still has letters to send out.

Also, good luck to the people whose interviews are today. VillaC and Oli!

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Also, good luck to the people whose interviews are today. VillaC and Oli!

Yay! Good luck!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I know that 2 persons got letters 11 Sep 2006 and 13 Sep 2006 so for this time movement 2 weeks.

I hope will be better! Good luck for us! ))

Thanks Kristinasona! Do you have the link? On the previous one I still only see Lolitta.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.