Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I went a week before my interview to Montreal Canada for my medicals. I stayed at hotel Des Arts which was about 10 min walk to the embassy and place where i got my medicals done. It was a nice hotel with decent room and very good price and excellent location very close to st catherine street. I got my medicals there done and paid 350 dollars for everything including 2 vaccinations for measels and tetnus. I got this envolope from hospital which i was told not to open and take it to the immigration with me. I went to the embassy at 8 am my interview was at 9. There was no wait time at all there and they took me in right away. I went through security with no issues. I didnt take my phone or anything else with me just my documents. I was told to go to 19th floor. I went to the floor and took a number and then had a seat. After about hour and a half i was called at the window and asked to submit all the original documents to them like medicals, tax return, police clerance, birth certificate and then i was told to go and wait. After about another 2 hours I was called again and I went to the window and it was guy probably in his mid 40s. He greeted me nicely and called me "Sir" mostly. He asked me questions like "What do u do in canada? What are your plans when u go to USA? Where are you going to stay in USA? What does the sponsor do? Then he asked me "how old is the sponsor" for which i was surprised and had to count my mom's age. He also asked me if i have denied entry into the United States and if i have ever been to States. Then after the interview was done he gave me a form it said welcome to USA and he said just wait for you passport to come in the mail and Im going to approve your case. He was a really nice guy and no point he acted mean or anything he always asked questions loudly and looked at me while asking questions which made me a little nervous. But5 anyways also I had to set up an account with Courier service before coming to the embassy in order to collect my passport or else you had to go and use a payphone and make arrangement with DHL before entering the embassy. I also remember an Iranian family who came very late because they were denied entry as they walked in with a school bag and they were told to put the bag away. He had to go and store the bag at a store. So dont go to embassy with a cell phone even. Less stuff you take with you better it is. Anyways my interview was on monday and I got my passport back on wednesday which was very very quick and it had 6 months immigrant visa stamp on it. Now all i have to do is i guess cross the border and go live with my parents for a bit. Its a bitter sweet feeling because I love Canada as well and this has been an amazing country to live in. I hope USA is similar to me that way. In the end i just wanna wish all u guys best of luck and dont loose hope there is light at the end of the tunnel. just pray when u feel down.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I got my immigrant visa back with the passport guys. Im very happy. I can finally go to states and be with my family. I wish you all the best of luck as well. and speedy process. I will post all the details of my interview on the website here very soon for all of you guys so you know what to expect at the time of the interview. Except for wait everything was very very smooth and there weren't any problems at all. God is great and all praise to god he made it possible. Dont worry u guys just hang in there..

Congrats iven!! I'm happy that you're happy :)

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I went a week before my interview to Montreal Canada for my medicals. I stayed at hotel Des Arts which was about 10 min walk to the embassy and place where i got my medicals done. It was a nice hotel with decent room and very good price and excellent location very close to st catherine street. I got my medicals there done and paid 350 dollars for everything including 2 vaccinations for measels and tetnus. I got this envolope from hospital which i was told not to open and take it to the immigration with me. I went to the embassy at 8 am my interview was at 9. There was no wait time at all there and they took me in right away. I went through security with no issues. I didnt take my phone or anything else with me just my documents. I was told to go to 19th floor. I went to the floor and took a number and then had a seat. After about hour and a half i was called at the window and asked to submit all the original documents to them like medicals, tax return, police clerance, birth certificate and then i was told to go and wait. After about another 2 hours I was called again and I went to the window and it was guy probably in his mid 40s. He greeted me nicely and called me "Sir" mostly. He asked me questions like "What do u do in canada? What are your plans when u go to USA? Where are you going to stay in USA? What does the sponsor do? Then he asked me "how old is the sponsor" for which i was surprised and had to count my mom's age. He also asked me if i have denied entry into the United States and if i have ever been to States. Then after the interview was done he gave me a form it said welcome to USA and he said just wait for you passport to come in the mail and Im going to approve your case. He was a really nice guy and no point he acted mean or anything he always asked questions loudly and looked at me while asking questions which made me a little nervous. But5 anyways also I had to set up an account with Courier service before coming to the embassy in order to collect my passport or else you had to go and use a payphone and make arrangement with DHL before entering the embassy. I also remember an Iranian family who came very late because they were denied entry as they walked in with a school bag and they were told to put the bag away. He had to go and store the bag at a store. So dont go to embassy with a cell phone even. Less stuff you take with you better it is. Anyways my interview was on monday and I got my passport back on wednesday which was very very quick and it had 6 months immigrant visa stamp on it. Now all i have to do is i guess cross the border and go live with my parents for a bit. Its a bitter sweet feeling because I love Canada as well and this has been an amazing country to live in. I hope USA is similar to me that way. In the end i just wanna wish all u guys best of luck and dont loose hope there is light at the end of the tunnel. just pray when u feel down.

Thanks for sharing your experience with us. It's a great feeling that your journey is over, and that you're now on another chapter of your life. I'm wishing you all the very best for you, iven! Time to celebrate!

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

Trying to find patience in the last days is so hard. Why does the wait feel longer closer to the end? I wish they'd send some news.

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

F4s have started receiving interview letters as well. They are moving at least one month.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

F4s have started receiving interview letters as well. They are moving at least one month.

Awesome. Maybe some movement for us then.

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Belize
Timeline

I'm predicting that the priority date will reach Current.date => { Nov 15th, 2006 }

F1 ~ PD: 30th Mar,2007

AOF Received: 19th Apr. 2012

Case Completed: 27th Aug,2013

​I/L Received: 2nd Jun,2014

Medical Exam: 6th Jun, 2014

Interview: 1st July 2014

Visa Issued: 10th July 2014

Entered USA: 26 July 2014

Driver License 29 July 2014

Social Security# 05 August 2014

Job# 01 October 2014

----------------------------------------------

F1 Watch List

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

F4 had been moving very little (1 or 2 weeks) or not movement at all. Last month when F4 moved 1 full month then F1 moved 3 full months. So if we have reports that F4 is having movement of at least 1 month then I think it would be fair to expect at least 3 months movement again in F1 category. That’d be awesome!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.