Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Just to let u guys know something I learnt from the horses mouth yesterday... Well I called the USCIS yesterday to ask them what's going on with my greencard.. Got some good news.. Thank God.. But she went on to tell me that I don't need to be conerned just yet because u should wait for 60 days after arriving at you Port of Entry (POE) in the USA and u haven't gotten ur greencard to query it. I also asked her if I can travel outside the country or get married or get a job and she said yes I can do anything because she said when you enter the POE and your immigrant visa is stamped with and expiry date one year after the date u enter (this is the endorsement of the immigrant visa which is now your temporary greencard or ur I55 stamp) and u use this as u wud ur greencard until u get the actual plastic... But every country is different so find out the rules etc of ur country for entering n leaving etc... Just sharing the information I got because I know some of you may want to know everything that may happen... I don't work with good luck I work with God's blessings so I leave you my family buff blessings for the weekend... Remember share ur experiences with us whatever they maybe if they are not too personal... Always good to share n help... Bless up urselves...

Thanks for sharing Grace A!! :)

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

puppyluv, how frustrating! Keep calling and try to speak with different people, ask them about your case until you get an answer that makes sense. Good luck!

Well..... it seems we will have to wait until next week for some info about the interview letters. Have a great weekend everyone! cool.png

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Just to let u guys know something I learnt from the horses mouth yesterday... Well I called the USCIS yesterday to ask them what's going on with my greencard.. Got some good news.. Thank God.. But she went on to tell me that I don't need to be conerned just yet because u should wait for 60 days after arriving at you Port of Entry (POE) in the USA and u haven't gotten ur greencard to query it. I also asked her if I can travel outside the country or get married or get a job and she said yes I can do anything because she said when you enter the POE and your immigrant visa is stamped with and expiry date one year after the date u enter (this is the endorsement of the immigrant visa which is now your temporary greencard or ur I55 stamp) and u use this as u wud ur greencard until u get the actual plastic... But every country is different so find out the rules etc of ur country for entering n leaving etc... Just sharing the information I got because I know some of you may want to know everything that may happen... I don't work with good luck I work with God's blessings so I leave you my family buff blessings for the weekend... Remember share ur experiences with us whatever they maybe if they are not too personal... Always good to share n help... Bless up urselves...

Hi Grace, thank you for this pce of information and all previous ones good.gif. You are a very nice person and deserve the best from God. Kind regards to you and your family!

Timeline

NevermindVz, my interview invitation letter was dated Friday 28th June. It arrived my email inbox 04:53 Saturday 29th June HK time. FYI. :-)

Thank you Oli! Let's see what the next week brings :)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

See told you family not to worry... ILs will soon be pouring in.... It's my pleasure to help Oli...thanks for your wishes of blessings... I wish u n ur family the same my dear... Love this forum alot..:) Ur welcome F1Junkie and as I continue my journey and learn anything new that may help someone I will post it as soon as I can..

Timeline

Ok guys...finally got some clarification of this whole thing with my priority date.I had it all along that it was 26jul06 but NVC last week said it was the 17jul06.

So what happened was when my mom initially filed the NOA date 17jul,then USCIS had requested that a document be resent after which a second NOA was received with the date 26jul06 .Anyway,they said they are still using the initial contact date the 17jul. Well glad thats sorted.

PD 17JUL06 whistling.gif

ID 16SEP13 wink.png

Timeline

Ok guys...finally got some clarification of this whole thing with my priority date.I had it all along that it was 26jul06 but NVC last week said it was the 17jul06.

So what happened was when my mom initially filed the NOA date 17jul,then USCIS had requested that a document be resent after which a second NOA was received with the date 26jul06 .Anyway,they said they are still using the initial contact date the 17jul. Well glad thats sorted.

That's good news! I'm glad your case is starting to get solved good.gif

Timeline

Some folks in the F2A forum have received interview letters. I haven't gotten anything yet. :-(

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Timeline

Some folks in the F2A forum have received interview letters. I haven't gotten anything yet. :-(

Thanks for the info javisakid! I just checked that thread. Two F2A members have received interview letters today, from Morocco and Bangladesh.

Timeline

There should be some good news by tomorrow guys!!smile.png

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I got my immigrant visa back with the passport guys. Im very happy. I can finally go to states and be with my family. I wish you all the best of luck as well. and speedy process. I will post all the details of my interview on the website here very soon for all of you guys so you know what to expect at the time of the interview. Except for wait everything was very very smooth and there weren't any problems at all. God is great and all praise to god he made it possible. Dont worry u guys just hang in there..

Edited by iven

Timeline

I got my immigrant visa back with the passport guys. Im very happy. I can finally go to states and be with my family. I wish you all the best of luck as well. and speedy process.

Congrats, iven! When was your interview? How did it go?

Edited by javisakid

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.