Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The rest of you guys whose interviews are coming up, how do you feel? Anxious? Frustrated? Ready? Nervous?

Let us know!

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The rest of you guys whose interviews are coming up, how do you feel? Anxious? Frustrated? Ready? Nervous?

Let us know!

I feel ready! I try not to allow room for nervousness. I've dealt with challenges and look at it as one. I am ready to give it my best, whatever the outcome!!

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I applied for F1 (unmarried son...) in jun 2006

Now is my PD.

In 2008 I got married

In 2010 I divorced

I didn´t update my status.

I red that if I inform USCIS my case will convert from F1 to F3 but my PD will be the same as F1.

My PD is still the same? Will I get permission to go to USA now or will need to wait 3-4 more years?

Thanks in advance

I have been following a local radio programme which deals with immigration matters and this is one of the issues dealt with most recently.

What I can say about this for sure is that had your case become current and you entered the U.S while you were still married you would have run the risk of committing immigration fraud.You would not have been able to file for your wife because you would then have to present documents which would have shown you were in fact married before you left your country.Having said that,now that you are divorced, I think you would retain your F1 status,however I strongly suggest that you contact the NVC and advise them so just incase you are requested to produce a no impediment certificate it will show that you are currently divorce/unmarried.

Hope this helps.

PD 17JUL06 whistling.gif

ID 16SEP13 wink.png

Let us know!

How can I explain this feeling?! ClockWatch2.gif I am definitely anxious and excited, a little bit nervous, but I feel ready and confident.dancin5hr.gif

PD 21st August 2006dancin5hr.gif

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Bahrain
Timeline

Now is my PD.

In 2008 I got married

In 2010 I divorced

I red that if I inform USCIS my case will convert from F1 to F3 but my PD will be the same as F1.

My PD is still the same? Will I get permission to go to USA now or will need to wait 3-4 more years?

Thanks in advance

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: El Salvador
Timeline

Now is my PD.

In 2008 I got married

In 2010 I divorced

Thanks in advance

Were you first in F2B category and then upgraded to F1? If that is the case... there could be an issue!!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I get excited when you post because I'm expecting your post to say "I got my IL today!" smile.png

Haha! Well, I might be doing AOS so I won't be receiving an interview letter. So I'm waiting for 2009OEL to post his interview date! good.gif

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

Let us know!

My interview is on the 26th of August so I will be interviewed on the last week of August so I am feeling confident that I would be ready for it. I am also excited because I get to read our members' interview experience :) and imagine that it was me getting through. The process is finally coming to an end and I am looking forward to seeing the back of this process.

I am praying that we get 3 months movement for next vb.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Timeline

I do hope all this positive energy here will translate into good news for everyone!

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.