Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is this possible to get a tourist visa for USA , while you are waiting the immigration visa?

I read somewhere that if you are F1 waiting status , you could not get a tourist visa until your immigration process is finished.

yes it is possible to be given a tourist visa used to visit the USA. Applicants who have a pending case with immigration can apply as well. There are no laws currently in place that prevents a person with a pending case from applying. The person applying must provide the embassy/interviewing officer with strong evidence and reasons to believe he/she would return to their home country after a US Visit. Applicant should have a strong ties to their countries.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I've been checking other threads (including other categories) and it seems no one has received an interview yet this month. Hopefully they will start assigning interviews this week or the next one. Fingers crossed!

Edited by NevermindVz

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Yaa...we haven't heard yet abt any Interviews from our fellow members...

Well Mumbai Consulate posted Interview schedule even before Marvh VB was published. So April Schedule must be in process for Indian guys,

Unfortunately we havent heard any guys with March 2005 or April 2005 yet.Its difficiult to predict how much will d dates move in April VB for F1; Hope it move atleast 6 weeks to 8 weeks....or even more.

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Is this possible to get a tourist visa for USA , while you are waiting the immigration visa?

I read somewhere that if you are F1 waiting status , you could not get a tourist visa until your immigration process is finished.

Yes it is possible.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Timeline

As far as i read other blogs i got to know that NVC send USCIS demand data every 26 of the month for following month.So there after process starts for cutt off date movement.S :rofl::rofl: o probably we will get to know in next week only.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Roger_CR

My son is 21 will be 22 in August 2012 but by then I think visas for us will be available according to the monthly visa bulletin,how old were you when they rejected you from the petion,very unfair.Were you in US or in your country when that happened?Thanks

Sony I was at that time in US, the petition got aproved when I was 19, but visa became available like 12 years later...(make calculations).... I think your son (even thoug will no longer be under 21 when your visa becomes available) will more likely be protected under the CSPA law..... There is a mathematical calculation under that law that your son may qualify.... Read carefully that law.

Edited by Roger_CR

Timeline

yes it is possible to be given a tourist visa used to visit the USA. Applicants who have a pending case with immigration can apply as well. There are no laws currently in place that prevents a person with a pending case from applying. The person applying must provide the embassy/interviewing officer with strong evidence and reasons to believe he/she would return to their home country after a US Visit. Applicant should have a strong ties to their countries.

Ricardo any update from NVC yet???u r next in apri?we dont have anyboday here with march?? :dance:

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Ricardo any update from NVC yet???u r next in apri?we dont have anyboday here with march?? :dance:

The case is for my cousin priority date of April 1, 2005. I'll call the NVC on. her regards today or tomorrow.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Timeline

The case is for my cousin priority date of April 1, 2005. I'll call the NVC on. her regards today or tomorrow.

Thanks much appreciated!!

Anybody gets anything related to F1B just post here so that it can be helpful for people to predict whats next??? :bonk:

Timeline

Hopefully tomorrow some people will start receiving interview letters. Staying hopeful! :thumbs:

Edited by NevermindVz

Timeline

On the official website: Upcoming month's visa bulletin: April 2012 (Coming Soon)

Timeline

I was checking the F2A thread and someone called NVC. It seems there's a snow storm where they are and their electrical transformer blew up, so they are closed and the system is down. Maybe that's why no one has received interview letters yet.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/349176-april-2012-visa-bulletin-prediction/page__st__465

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

I was checking the F2A thread and someone called NVC. It seems there's a snow storm where they are and their electrical transformer blew up, so they are closed and the system is down. Maybe that's why no one has received interview letters yet.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/349176-april-2012-visa-bulletin-prediction/page__st__465

I am not sure about snow storm cause yesterday I made an inquiry to them regarding my case status by e-mail and they replied me.... Hope everybody with PD at least April 2005 will receive their interview letters.... fingers crossed and pray...

F1, PD 10 July 2006.

Timeline

I am not sure about snow storm cause yesterday I made an inquiry to them regarding my case status by e-mail and they replied me.... Hope everybody with PD at least April 2005 will receive their interview letters.... fingers crossed and pray...

That's good! What did they tell you about your case?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.