Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Let's just stay positive... at least this year its moving, not like last year....

Well that's true. As long as it is moving that's good.

Edited by NevermindVz

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Well that's true. As long as it is moving that's good.

Here is some good news: :thumbs:

You can find the link on "The New York Times"

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/01/07/us/path-to-green-card-for-illegal-immigrant-family-members-of-americans.html?_r=2

Easier Route to Green Card to Be Proposed for Some

By JULIA PRESTON

Published: January 6, 2012

Obama administration officials announced on Friday they are proposing a fix to a Catch-22 in immigration law that could spare hundreds of thousands of American citizens from prolonged separations from illegal immigrant spouses and children.

Edited by Westlink

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Ooook now that looks very good. Finally some good news !! Even if were not illegal immigrants it did mention family menbers overseas could end up waiting just a few weeks. So November im waiting for u see what happens with that. I need to find a newsletter from an association that follow that lol

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Case was completed SEPT 2010 a friggin' year and a half ago !!

Timeline

I just hope when they say immigrants oberseas they dont just mean spouses and kids under 21. Cause we're still a very special bunch. And it didnt mention categories siiigh i just hope it can end up meaning we'll be gettig somethin this year

And that VB is still a loser

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Here is some good news: :thumbs:

You can find the link on "The New York Times"

http://www.nytimes.c...icans.html?_r=2

Easier Route to Green Card to Be Proposed for Some

By JULIA PRESTON

Published: January 6, 2012

Obama administration officials announced on Friday they are proposing a fix to a Catch-22 in immigration law that could spare hundreds of thousands of American citizens from prolonged separations from illegal immigrant spouses and children.

This would not affect the F1 category. The INA does not classify someone as a child if he/she is over "21." For this grp to benefit.. they would have to change the law not only to remove the "age" cap but then they have the F3 category who are also children of US Citizens would be require the same treatment. This is a long shot away.. no time soon would this be approved.

Current cut off date F2A - Current 

Brother's Journey (F2A) - PD Dec 30, 2010

Dec 30 2010 - Notice of Action 1 (NOA1)
May 12 2011 - Notice of Action 2 (NOA2)
May 23 2011 - NVC case # Assigned
Nov 17 2011 - COA / I-864 received
Nov 18 2011 - Sent COA
Apr 30 2012 - Pay AOS fee

Oct 15 2012 - Pay IV fee
Oct 25 2012 - Sent AOS/IV Package

Oct 29 2012 - Pkg Delivered
Dec 24 2012 - Case Complete

May 17 2013 - Interview-Approved

July 19 2013 - Enter the USA

"... Answer when you are called..."

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

This would not affect the F1 category. The INA does not classify someone as a child if he/she is over "21." For this grp to benefit.. they would have to change the law not only to remove the "age" cap but then they have the F3 category who are also children of US Citizens would be require the same treatment. This is a long shot away.. no time soon would this be approved.

I agree. If I understood correctly, this law applies to children (under 21) and spouses, of US citizens, who entered the country illegally. Currently, said immigrants have to follow a ban (3-10 years) from re-entering the country, after which they can obtain their green card. The new law tries to eliminate or reduce this ban.

I'm not sure how this will affect the current family-based categories. But who knows!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

What we all preference based visa applications need is a recapture visa numbers law. There are approximately 200,000 or more visa numbers that have been unused due to administrative problems during 1999 to 2006( correct me if I am wrong). In the past few years, there were recapture unused visa numbers bills that had been proposed to congress but sadly all failed due to politics. If there is such a bill passes and effective all of us including family and employment based will be current over night.

Edited by loudoff

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Yipi !

Two Months and one week.

I am happy to see it has moved so much.

I hope to hear something in 4 months. (Assuming it moves 5 weeks every month).

Hope you all get current soon.

PD date: 11/May/2005

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I am very happy with the movements so far and I am looking forward to seeing where the dates will be in summer.

I hope March VB 22/Jan/05 or may be 01/Feb/05....also before new fiscal year start Oct/2012 PD will be back 15/Feb/2006...for F1 cateory.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

I hope March VB 22/Jan/05 or may be 01/Feb/05....also before new fiscal year start Oct/2012 PD will be back 15/Feb/2006...for F1 cateory.

I strongly believe that 2004 was the problem year and that the vb for fb–1 should move faster now that 2004 is at its end.

I am keeping my fingers crossed. :)

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Timeline

this 9 week at a time deal is not bad.

All i ask is that it doesn't go any slower. same or faster would be perfect lol

And that at the time of interview they don't get buttholish and ask for new docs when it's their fault that it got old in the first place. but i know they probably will still lol anyone on the F1 list whose PD was reached that we can hunt down? lol

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

So finally after filing for 5 years, we get NVC correspondence for paperwork.

We filed in 9/2006 mom for single daughter and kids...F1 I believe.

Now we are doing paperwork and hoping to get this done in time.

Case #1: CR1 & CR2-Hubby & Kids
6/6/11...Priority Date
7/2011...NOA2 ~44 days
8/5/2011...NVC & IIN # Received
9/12/11... CR1 & Cr2 cases completed. ~37 days
11/4/11... CR1 & CR2 Interview APPROVED!!!
11/2011... POE
Praise Jesus!smile.png
----------------------------------
Case #2 - F1-Sister
USCIS

10/2006....I-130 sent.

NVC
9/2011.....NVC Case # received.
1/2012....AOS Bill Paid & I864 sent.
2/2012....IV Bill Paid & DS 230 sent
2/2012....**Case on Child Status Protection Act Review**

3/2012...Case complete waiting for interview date.

KNG Embassy

11/2013...Interview date :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.