Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Good point, and I believe its part of it too.

If Feb VB moves just 2 weeks and March 2-3 weeks, rest assured so will the following 6 months of Visa Year.

Remember back in September, everyone was hoping for big movements forward considering new visas would become available, and some were even saying that we would reach pre retrogression date (Feb 15, 2006) by December 2005. And look at us now, struggling with 2-3 weeks movements.

As Grace A said, Im also doubting anymore 3 to 3+ movements going forward.

Unless they slowed things down till now to generate a nice revenue from February onwards. Remember, the slow movements have been across the board and not just F1.

Will see, lets pray and hope that the slowdown till now is just because thy want to make $$$$ and that things will move much quicker.

Last year I calculated that if this year moves like Year Oct2011-Sept2012 that we would clear 2006 by summer. We know that there is a certain number of visa numbers available to our category that has to be finished at Sept 2013. The current year's movement has however slowed down and based on the available blogs we are not seeing a lot of cases being processed from the start of this financial year up to current. It is for this reason that I still believe that there are a lot of visa numbers available and expect that there will be a speed up in the visa movement as we approach the end of year September 2013.

So lets sit back and watch how everything unfold.

Edited by f1junkie

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Congratulations Tamilyn, :dance:

Hope you get the IL email soon too, making sure embassy folks were not playing with you (considering neither you or petitioner have received anything).

BTW, where is Julie-MC?

Timeline

Last year I calculated that if this year moves like Year Oct2011-Sept2012 that we would clear 2006 by summer. We know that there is a certain number of visa numbers available to our category that has to be finished at Sept 2013. The current year's movement has however slowed down and based on the available blogs we are not seeing a lot of cases being processed from the start of this financial year up to current. It is for this reason that I still believe that there are a lot of visa numbers available and expect that there will be a speed up in the visa movement as we approach the end of year September 2013.

So lets sit back and watch how everything unfold.

I hope you are right, and I would like it better if they start moving now and not wait till latter part of year.

Again i hope the slowdown hasn't been because of the so called "demand" and that lots of visas are available.

I guess March & April VB will tell us if it was for $$$ nor not.

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Hi All, i am new here. :) My PD is end of June 2006. I can read Chinese. If you know any Chinese website that is similar to VisaJourney, please let me know. I am happy to have a look and share with you all.

Welcome Oli! :)

Thanks for the help translating! This is a forum in Chinese: http://visa01.5d6d.com/forum-2-1.html

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Hong Kong
Timeline

Thank you Nevermindvz.

I did a quick research and came across three cases;

- one with a PD of December 2005. He/she will be interviewed on 14th Jan 2013.

- another with a PD of November 2005. He/she will be interviewed tomorrow (9th Jan 2013)

- the third one with a PD of 20th December 2005. He/she was interviewed this month. Date not specific.

I am afriad that this China website doesn't look very organised to me. And not to mention that there isn't any "F1 watch list" at all.

Welcome! Oli. thanks for the translation. We are looking for any information that some of the F1s have received the interview letters scheduled for February so that we can see what the cut-off dates movement will be like for February Visa Bulletin.

Filed: Country: Guyana
Timeline

Congratulations Tamilyn, :dance:

Hope you get the IL email soon too, making sure embassy folks were not playing with you (considering neither you or petitioner have received anything).

BTW, where is Julie-MC?

Hey everyone I have received mail my mom cal and ask for a resend so al is conform .........yay finally I feel more secure best of luck to krishma and grace hope u guys hear soon...

Timeline

Hey everyone I have received mail my mom cal and ask for a resend so al is conform .........yay finally I feel more secure best of luck to krishma and grace hope u guys hear soon...

Fantastic, happy for you.

Good luck with interview.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.