Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

All i know is i might go the fiance route if it doesn't go faster by next fiscal year.

it's just ridiculous, after all this time. And this "law" better not affect it !!

Do you guys think if i use the fiance visa and get married to my USC fiance i'll still get my visa through my dad once my PD gets current?

If the PD gets current wile I'm waiting for the fiance visa I'm going the family visa way.

I guess I'll call NVC and ask.

SMH the slow movement is just a big cloud of shame over them. BIG SHAME !!

Dont do it... at lest not yet. u might wanna wait until april 2012 to see how it moves...

P.D August 15, 2005

Filed: Timeline

Your answer will be available to u and to the world on 11 August 2012 when this year gona end. Then we all will see the clear picture what we got after 2 years, pre retro dates or below that level or exceed above. If the waiting times after calculating the average movement we could be in better position to understand that what hapnd and for what reason..... Its too early to put any questions, its better to wait and watch

http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/cisomb-telecon-family-visa-retrogression.shtm

I read this but still dunno what is visa retrogression!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

http://www.dhs.gov/files/programs/cisomb-telecon-family-visa-retrogression.shtm

I read this but still dunno what is visa retrogression!

Retrogression means that the priority dates are moving backwards, instead of forward. On January 2011's VB there was a retrogression, all family-based categories moved backwards. For example, for F1 the PD was 15-FEB-06, it moved back to 01-JAN-05, then back again to 01-MAY-04. It stayed like that (no movement) for a few months, until it started moving forward again on October 2011's VB.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Retrogression means that the priority dates are moving backwards, instead of forward. On January 2011's VB there was a retrogression, all family-based categories moved backwards. For example, for F1 the PD was 15-FEB-06, it moved back to 01-JAN-05, then back again to 01-MAY-04. It stayed like that (no movement) for a few months, until it started moving forward again on October 2011's VB.

Anyone got there Interview Date in Feb/12 month.....????

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Happy new year everyone... hopefully this year vb can move faster :)

Same to you and thanks! Lets hope this year will be our lucky year :clock:

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Timeline

Same to you and thanks! Lets hope this year will be our lucky year :clock:

Some one recevied Appointment letter and their PD 09/DEC/2004 F1 Category...wht u thing guys?????

Fremont

I just saw an news in a forum. A F1 (PD:Dec 09,04) has reveived email P4 and the interview date is in Feb.

Just expect the F1 PD will move at least 2 months. We will see:-)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/344774-f1-pd-maybe-move-2-months-in-next-month/page__gopid__5080450

Timeline

Some one recevied Appointment letter and their PD 09/DEC/2004 F1 Category...wht u thing guys?????

Fremont

I just saw an news in a forum. A F1 (PD:Dec 09,04) has reveived email P4 and the interview date is in Feb.

Just expect the F1 PD will move at least 2 months. We will see:-)

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/344774-f1-pd-maybe-move-2-months-in-next-month/page__gopid__5080450

From those following this thread, a member in a Chinese site about US Immigration wrote about receiving an interview date. He's a F1 with priority date December 9th, 2004. Here's the link in Chinese:

http://visa01.5d6d.com/thread-39200-1-1.html

If this information is correct, that means F1 could move 2 months this time. I guess we will have to wait and see.

Edited by NevermindVz

Timeline

From those following this thread, a member in a Chinese site about US Immigration wrote about receiving an interview date. He's a F1 with priority date December 9th, 2004. Here's the link in Chinese:

http://visa01.5d6d.com/thread-39200-1-1.html

If this information is correct, that means F1 could move 2 months this time. I guess we will have to wait and see.

I hope thats correct why they are lieing???......So enjoy 02/months move...may be PD moves 01/Jan/05 let C...:-)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

since PD is oct 15 and this guy is dec 9 that's barely more than a month and a half, their regular speed lately. pfff

btw i called the NVC AND the USCIS to ask about starting a fiance Visa while this one is still pending, i was told basically one cancels the other. and the NVC guy who seemed to not know much about how it goes told me well the current PD is 2004 u're 2006 so that's 2 years away (shows he didn't notice it moves 1 1/2 month at a time and not 1 month) telling me that fiance visa would certainly issue first.

My question here now is, if i do go that way and it issues and i move before this F1 does, and i get married etc... i forgot what happens after that. What type of visa do i get? how long does it last? i get married then adjust my status then what does that make me? and then how long till i become a permanent resident for 10 years? how long till i can petition for my mom? how long till i can become a full citizen?

and im wondering all that compared to what i have to do after i get my F1 visa.

it just seems it's way less of a hassle with a F1 visa than a fiance visa.

Lord Jesus please make it go faster !!!

F1, waiting for April 2006 PD to be CURRENT !! fingers crossed for sept. 10th , at least 2011!! ok 2012 ???!!!

Case was completed SEPT 2010 a friggin' year and a half ago !!

Timeline

When we say 2 months it's because cut-off dates usually fall on these days: 1, 8, 15, 22. So if they're working on someone with PD Dec 9th, that means it will move up to at least Dec 15th, which is 2 months.

I'm not sure about the fiancee visa though. You may try asking on the K-1 Fiance(e) Visa subforum.

Edited by NevermindVz

Timeline

Visa Bulletin is out!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5640.html

22DEC04

ETA: Also:

D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (monthly)

Worldwide dates:

F1: three to five weeks

F2A: one to two months

F2B: three to four weeks

F3: one to three weeks

F4: up to one month

Correct me if I'm wrong, but October's VB said "F1: three to six weeks". So this means F1 will be moving a bit slower now?

Edited by NevermindVz

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Visa Bulletin is out!

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5640.html

22DEC04

ETA: Also:

D. VISA AVAILABILITY IN THE COMING MONTHS

FAMILY-sponsored categories (monthly)

Worldwide dates:

F1: three to five weeks

F2A: one to two months

F2B: three to four weeks

F3: one to three weeks

F4: up to one month

Correct me if I'm wrong, but October's VB said "F1: three to six weeks". So this means F1 will be moving a bit slower now?

Yes, It seems like it will be moving a bit slower; however, on october's vb it said up to 6 weeks and feb's vb moved more than 2 months... so lets hope that happened again.

P.D August 15, 2005

Timeline

You know, I'm starting to lose hope. If I got my numbers right, during the last fiscal year F1 was the category with the worst movement: -610 days.

Or maybe I'm not in a good mood today :help:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.