Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Bulgaria
Timeline

Hello,

My interview was today. Here's what happened.

I went in US Embassy in Sofia with my three years old daughter because she was added to my case in March 2012.

Consular officer 1 - Have you ever been married?

Me – I never have married.

CO 1 - Could you give me current certificate of marital status and current certificate of conviction?

Me - I gave the documents - both are issued after I received letter for interview.

CO 1 – reviewed documents received from the National Visa Center.

CO 1 - All is right with the documents. Please wait to make your Fingerprint.

Me - OK.

I waited 10 minutes and another officer took my Fingerprint. They did not want to take Fingerprint from my daughter who is 3 years old.

CO 2 - please wait for the consul for the final interview /questions/

Me – OK

The Consul came after 10 minutes.

Consul - Do you speak English?

Me - Yes. I do.

Consul - Please raise your right hand and swear that all documents are genuine.

Me - I swear.

Consul - How long have your parents living in the United States?

Me - They have been living in USA since 2000.

Consul – When they became U.S. citizens?

Me - 2005.

Consul – What do they do?

Me - It is written in the form I864.

Consul – When do you planning to travel to USA?

Me – We are planning to travel on 26 November.

Consul - Everything is ОК. We will cancel your and yours daughter B1/B2 visas and we will issue you temporary /I didn’t hear well the word but I think he said temporary/ green card In place of these visas. You will receive a package of passports and documents in 4-5 days by DHL. That's it. Goodbye.

Me – Have you nice day.

Approximately time for the whole process – 30 minutes If I exclude 7 years that I had been waiting before my PD became current.

FYI - They wanted to see actual all documents filed form my parents and they found them in the package received form NVC. As I said we added my daughter to my case in March 2012. NVC asked all documents actualized and we sent it in March 2012.

:D

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Received IL finally thank GOD

Interview on dec 12 :)

Congrats!!! You finally got it! :D

Rovers, thanks for the detailed explanation of your interview! Good luck on your new journey!!

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Thanks a lot, rovers. I actually laughed out loud to the response "it's written on the form I-864." Quite witty. I'm surprised it didn't annoy them (or maybe it did, who cares?)

Congratulations. Now it's all over. Welcome to the states on the 26th!

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

You guys made my night. Thank you soo much for sharing. I really feel happy for you 2005oct. I hope that you bro experienced a great birthday with the good news and all.

Rovers I am so happy to hear that your interview went through without any issues. I wish you and your family all the best.

Edited by f1junkie

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.