Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Your panic is a reaction to you expecting something much more than what is likely or reasonable. There's no point in having an overreaction to the bulletin moving one week, otherwise you will have a heart attack and die, which will still have no consequence upon the visa bulletin, which will move or not move whether you react to it or not.

We are on a journey -- the name of the site is no accident -- and this journey, as most journeys do, is one which requires patience. There are people here who certainly have been waiting for as long as you have been, or, in the case of some other categories, even twice as long. Just a year and a half ago the visa bulletin stopped moving forward and went backwards by a couple of years, but since then it has been continuing to advance, regularly, if even not at an equal pace every month. You will do yourself some good to recognize this, and to understand that even if the bulletin moves by one week, it is a better and more satisfactory outcome to the possible alternative of there being no movement at all, or worse. Appreciate the fact that your PD will be current in the coming months, much sooner than anyone else in our group, and take joy in that. So, instead of panicking, use your time to think of the ways in which you'll greet your family when you finally see them again. Having a negative attitude is not only unncessary here, but it creates a heavy drama and pessimism which only brings down the morale of the others who are patiently, and quietly, waiting for their visas to become current as well.

i agree with you.. i see your PD is current.. Let us know when they schedule your interview.. please.. all the best

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I think in month of November ,December(Hope better progress as X'mas and last few years history) and January somewhere we will see better Progress...

We have 23000 Visa no for this year and this month every where it was very few candidates.....I am sure it is just matter of time where we will see some good movement....

Life would be best when will we have GC but i guess life is not worst without it....We have hope we will get soon, some people doesnt even think of it as too far for them :thumbs: ....

Timeline

Guys just to inform u that one Guy from F2A has got I/L and he has Interview on 30 October ...so this indicates they have started sending I/Ls to all applicants who r current....

Now, just waiting to see when does Mumbai embassy post October Interview schedule.....still they haven't posted it which is unusual...They generally publish Interview List by 5-7 of every month and then by 25-28 they again update that...Surprisingly they haven't published Oct list which indicates there would be very few cases scheduled for Interview in Oct....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Guys just to inform u that one Guy from F2A has got I/L and he has Interview on 30 October ...so this indicates they have started sending I/Ls to all applicants who r current....

Now, just waiting to see when does Mumbai embassy post October Interview schedule.....still they haven't posted it which is unusual...They generally publish Interview List by 5-7 of every month and then by 25-28 they again update that...Surprisingly they haven't published Oct list which indicates there would be very few cases scheduled for Interview in Oct....

Plz let us know as soon as they update oct interviews cuz I want to know how many F1 they have!? I still don't know why we had 1 week movment :(

I just hope it won't be same in November

Timeline

Plz let us know as soon as they update oct interviews cuz I want to know how many F1 they have!? I still don't know why we had 1 week movment :(

I just hope it won't be same in November

Yaa..sure..i am checking Mumbai Consulate's Website 3-4 times a day..but they haven't yet posted the Interview List...will inform immediately as soon they publish that...

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

NVC STAGE

June 08 2015 IV PAID

Timeline

I think one month movement is something real. So I expect good news in two-three weeks :dance:

Yes....i think 1 - 1.5 months movement can be expected. The reason why i feel is coz it is not that there r more applicants so they hav moved in this month. There is sumthg else which is a suspense that resulted in just 1 week movement movement in this bulletin. Now, NVC has scheduled all the interviews for the month of October and guys hav started receiving Interview letters also in this week...so now they will start of scheduling for November...They hav started very slowly in starting of this New Fiscal....so they will pace up the speed....And all other categories have equally moved in this month's bulletin...I see 1st quarter will slowly speed up and we will see a very good movement in 2nd quarter...Atleast they will come back to Feb 2006 uptill the end of 1st quarter or beginning of 2nd quarter....Now, lets see how Nov bulletin moves....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

NVC STAGE

June 08 2015 IV PAID

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Yes....i think 1 - 1.5 months movement can be expected. The reason why i feel is coz it is not that there r more applicants so they hav moved in this month. There is sumthg else which is a suspense that resulted in just 1 week movement movement in this bulletin. Now, NVC has scheduled all the interviews for the month of October and guys hav started receiving Interview letters also in this week...so now they will start of scheduling for November...They hav started very slowly in starting of this New Fiscal....so they will pace up the speed....And all other categories have equally moved in this month's bulletin...I see 1st quarter will slowly speed up and we will see a very good movement in 2nd quarter...Atleast they will come back to Feb 2006 uptill the end of 1st quarter or beginning of 2nd quarter....Now, lets see how Nov bulletin moves....

I agree with you in that and I hope it move faster than we think:)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

Let's see if this week F1s start receiving interview letters! Fingers crossed! ^_^

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.