Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I'm sorry :(

I feel your frustration... Hopefully they will start sending IL for November the end of this month and let's pray together for good news...

It's hard when you are apart from your loved ones and putting your life on hold for 7 years is no joke...

Hi folks,

I am also very disappointed & feel sorry seeing this 1 week movement... I understand, your & especially your parents feeling, who are getting more more disappointed then you. After all they are Parents and can't wait so much.... I will Pray to GOD that all gets IL very soon and you all folks join you families as soon as possible...

Today, Just few hrs back i have attended my interview and as promised sharing the interview experience.....

My Consulate General was MUMBAI, INDIA.

FYI - What ever i am writing is for Mumbai consulate process & hope it will be same for other consulate too....

Applicant has to go through mainly two processes,

1) One is you finger print process, where your mini interview will happen. In this they will verify your documents, which you have send to VFS office. If anything is pending/missed/didn't submitted you can submit during this process. (For Eg/- your Medical report, petitioner latest Income Tax return, etc...) Those folks ask you few general question like,

a) Who has filed your petition?

b) What is you petitioner doing? - Job or Business, and little bit details, if he/she wish to stress more....

c) Will as any missing doc.? -

If everything is fine, simply he will give you one sheet on which you have to do signature. The sheet says you are promising that you are not married and will remain unmarried till you receive your GREEN CARD. Once you receive your GREEN CARD you can get marry....(the essence of signature is, if by chance you get marry after VISA approval and before getting your green card, then you are illegal immigrant).

After completing you first process (finger print process). You will request to seat for final interview (this depends on home many TOKENS are before you, it might be in hrs.), which will be taken by foreign officer. If incase you don't have the missing doc. then straight forward local officer will tell you to come next day or will give you the stipulated time (when to visit again).

2) Final interview - Once your token no. is displayed on screen you need to visit that window, Interviewer will ask you to take the oath by putting up you right hand.

(Oath is nothing but whatever you will tell is true) then she will start your interview...

Whatever questions ask to me by foreign office, i am sharing that....

a) Asked for finger print scan (again)...

b) Who is calling you to US?

c) When is your petitioner went to US?

d) What is your age?

e) At XYZ age why didn't you got married?

f) When is the last time you meet your petitioner?

g) How long your petitioner stayed? (When you last meet her)

h) Do you have any photos of you and your petitioner together? - shown few recent photos, 5-6 photos.

AND DONE...officer told we have approved your VISA and you will received in next few days...NJOY your journey......

Here my interview was completed and came out from consulate....

As my interview was very last, i have also heard some other interview Questions, so from that i can tell you few more questions which were asked like,

a) what is your petitioner DOB?

b) Spell your mother's and father's fullname? (should be as same as your passport)

c) What is your petitioner doing? (Details of Job/Business, timings, payroll, etc...).

d) Since how log they are staying in US? (petitioner)

Also some time they might ask about favorite food,color,etc....

That all from my side. Thanks to everyone and will be always be there to help if anyone needs any clarification for same.....

BEST LUCK to ALL and with lots of Prayers, MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

---------------------

F1 - PD-26Sep'05

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

Hi folks,

I am also very disappointed & feel sorry seeing this 1 week movement... I understand, your & especially your parents feeling, who are getting more more disappointed then you. After all they are Parents and can't wait so much.... I will Pray to GOD that all gets IL very soon and you all folks join you families as soon as possible...

Today, Just few hrs back i have attended my interview and as promised sharing the interview experience.....

My Consulate General was MUMBAI, INDIA.

FYI - What ever i am writing is for Mumbai consulate process & hope it will be same for other consulate too....

Applicant has to go through mainly two processes,

1) One is you finger print process, where your mini interview will happen. In this they will verify your documents, which you have send to VFS office. If anything is pending/missed/didn't submitted you can submit during this process. (For Eg/- your Medical report, petitioner latest Income Tax return, etc...) Those folks ask you few general question like,

a) Who has filed your petition?

b) What is you petitioner doing? - Job or Business, and little bit details, if he/she wish to stress more....

c) Will as any missing doc.? -

If everything is fine, simply he will give you one sheet on which you have to do signature. The sheet says you are promising that you are not married and will remain unmarried till you receive your GREEN CARD. Once you receive your GREEN CARD you can get marry....(the essence of signature is, if by chance you get marry after VISA approval and before getting your green card, then you are illegal immigrant).

After completing you first process (finger print process). You will request to seat for final interview (this depends on home many TOKENS are before you, it might be in hrs.), which will be taken by foreign officer. If incase you don't have the missing doc. then straight forward local officer will tell you to come next day or will give you the stipulated time (when to visit again).

2) Final interview - Once your token no. is displayed on screen you need to visit that window, Interviewer will ask you to take the oath by putting up you right hand.

(Oath is nothing but whatever you will tell is true) then she will start your interview...

Whatever questions ask to me by foreign office, i am sharing that....

a) Asked for finger print scan (again)...

b) Who is calling you to US?

c) When is your petitioner went to US?

d) What is your age?

e) At XYZ age why didn't you got married?

f) When is the last time you meet your petitioner?

g) How long your petitioner stayed? (When you last meet her)

h) Do you have any photos of you and your petitioner together? - shown few recent photos, 5-6 photos.

AND DONE...officer told we have approved your VISA and you will received in next few days...NJOY your journey......

Here my interview was completed and came out from consulate....

As my interview was very last, i have also heard some other interview Questions, so from that i can tell you few more questions which were asked like,

a) what is your petitioner DOB?

b) Spell your mother's and father's fullname? (should be as same as your passport)

c) What is your petitioner doing? (Details of Job/Business, timings, payroll, etc...).

d) Since how log they are staying in US? (petitioner)

Also some time they might ask about favorite food,color,etc....

That all from my side. Thanks to everyone and will be always be there to help if anyone needs any clarification for same.....

BEST LUCK to ALL and with lots of Prayers, MAY GOD BLESS YOU ALL......

Hey Friends congrats for your visa approval ............ Have a great and wonderful life ahead .........God bless you and thanks form sharing your interview experience.... one thing i want to know that can you please share with us that what are different docs which you have submit or you must have during your interview ...Thanks

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

So sad and so weird! They didn't even add some estimates for upcoming months. But it moved and that's important.

Although I'm very disappointed, I still have big hopes for the next bulletin!

ETA: vand1229, congrats on your interview!

Edited by NevermindVz

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Timeline

ryanshin1 also had his/her interview and did well! These are the interview dates for the next members:

CAST2006-----13SEP12

LONERGURL----18SEP12

DATA2005-----20SEP12

I thought it would be nice to share some good news :)

Timeline

Speaking of which, I cross checked against the last few bulletins to see if the movement was the same for all areas; Phillipines F1 went from March 94 to Oct 94 to April 96 in the last three months. So at least there's good news for some.

Not quite. They retrogressed last August from 15JUL97 to 01MAR94. But it's good to see their category is getting back on track.

Timeline

These are my updated stats based on the F1 movement for Oct 2012:

7 days = total movement forward

40 days = average movement per bulletin during the last twelve months

1.32 year = total forward movement during the last twelve months.

6.99 years = total waited time of people getting interview letters this month

Even though it didn't move much this month, not a bad year... especially compared to last one.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

ROVERS------------------26OCT05

2005OCT(MO)-------------28OCT05

2005OCT(MATT)-----------01NOV05

MARIAC------------------01NOV05

SAM_LEO-----------------20NOV05

ALL THIS FRIENDS WILL BE CURRENT SOON INSHAALLAH

maybe nvc have have backlog or USCIS ask additional numbers for adjustment of status i feel next months will not be like this black month.

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Yes, unfortunately some of us don't have the luxury of time being on our side. However, this is the reality and we have to deal with it, frustrating as it is. The only positive thing is that most of us here (I think) are in the shorter family sponsored region.

Speaking of which, I cross checked against the last few bulletins to see if the movement was the same for all areas; Phillipines F1 went from March 94 to Oct 94 to April 96 in the last three months. So at least there's good news for some.

I just wish that they'd given some sort of prediction of movement for the next few months...not that it would stop most of us from stressing every month.

Oh well, the wait starts again... :whistle:

yes you are right not everyone have the option to wait forever my dad is 66 years old and every day pass without progress is burning my blood what if the worst scenario happen before being current all this suffer and waiting time will go with the wind

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

in this age your family is really need your help i can't imagine my dad as he work 12 hour daily i wont to help him to get rid of this severe

I think that you made an important point. Most people in this category have parents that are over 50 and the reality of the situation is that

in most of our cultures families work together therefore the burden on parents would be far less.

It is a pity that the Americans don't see how important it is that this category goes through quickly.

PD: August 7, 2006
ID: August 26,2013
Visa Issued
ph34r.png

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

I am happy that there is movement no matter how small it is :)

Well...i believe we must not lose our hopes....Actually we all were expecting big movement b'coz sep VB moved 2 months....so we all had hopes that New Fiscal it would move similar or more...but unfortunately that did not happened...

I understand we all r frustrated b'coz of 1 week movement...Now just think practically not emotionally...

All other categories hav moved similar...It is not just abt F1..even F2A ...jus moved 3 weeks...F3 1 week, F4 one week and F2B i think stopped....This is sumthg unusual in New Fiscal coz there r new numbers available in New Fiscal...Forget last year now coz all nos. that were available have been used by DOS...Also, they cant use this year's nos. in last year...So, we hav lot nos. left in this fiscal for remaining 11 months...There might be sumthg internally at DOS that caused very slow movement of all categories...And i surely believe that in coming months .....we will see good movement..I dont expect 3-4 months movement but yes 1 - 2 months can be assumed..

Remember they hav to use all these nos available in new fiscal and they will use it..if not now then later in coming months we will see good movement....

Remember, all other categories hav also relatively slow movement so there might be sumthg going internally at DOS...Now, i think may be due to Nov elections they wont want more immigrants to come US....

Good luck and just be Optimistic...I think we will see at least 1 week movement for next month....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Summer holiday, some employees could be off. Just a thought :unsure:

FB-1 Visa Event Date

06-05-2006........Priority Date
06-14-2010........Case Approved
03-07-2011........Case Completed

08-15-2013........Interview Schedule

f1 case complete and waiting for visa availability

july visa bulletin prediction f1 category

f1 watch list

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.