Westlink

F1 case complete and waiting for visa # availability

4,967 posts in this topic

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

If one more time visa bulletin frozes, I don't know what is going to happen to my familly?! :((

Can we not panic, please? It will make everyone else freak out - which we shouldn't. So, if it doesn't move, it won't stay still forever. Also, we've waited for so long. If we've experienced last year's catastrophe, we can deal with anything else. Let's go watch some cartoons or something.

Edited by javisakid

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Can we not panic, please? It will make everyone else freak out - which we shouldn't. So, if it doesn't move, it won't stay still forever. Also, we've waited for so long. If we've experienced last year's catastrophe, we can deal with anything else. Let's go watch some cartoons or something.

[

Edited by 2005oct

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Hi All,

Lets not panic folks.

Even the NVC phone does not seem to work for the last 4-5 days, it rings and rings or just goes engaged.

Lets just accept the accept the fact its a public/goverment organisation and they are as efficient as Vaz or Trabant (Cars)

I think they are trying to be conservative and "plan" things for next 9-12 months.

Remember they need to provide annual report as well, so that could be the reason they are late.

Few months ago when I spoke to NVC and the person told me, the bulletin board has till 15th to be published.

So from admin and lazyness point of view, they will take their time. Remember this is Public organisation and they

are just not the go getter type of people and the work environment does not promote that type of attitude. They will clockout and leave things unfinished for the next work day, even if 2 min extra work would complete whatever they are doing.

(sorry to those who work in publc sector, just speaking from my own experience working as contractor within public sector for a short while).

Lets stay positive and hope for the best.

You guys that are waiting for IL email, dont forget to check your spam folder too.

Good luck to all of us :thumbs:

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Hi All,

Lets not panic folks.

Even the NVC phone does not seem to work for the last 4-5 days, it rings and rings or just goes engaged.

Lets just accept the accept the fact its a public/goverment organisation and they are as efficient as Vaz or Trabant (Cars)

I think they are trying to be conservative and "plan" things for next 9-12 months.

Remember they need to provide annual report as well, so that could be the reason they are late.

Few months ago when I spoke to NVC and the person told me, the bulletin board has till 15th to be published.

So from admin and lazyness point of view, they will take their time. Remember this is Public organisation and they

are just not the go getter type of people and the work environment does not promote that type of attitude. They will clockout and leave things unfinished for the next work day, even if 2 min extra work would complete whatever they are doing.

(sorry to those who work in publc sector, just speaking from my own experience working as contractor within public sector for a short while).

Lets stay positive and hope for the best.

You guys that are waiting for IL email, dont forget to check your spam folder too.

Good luck to all of us :thumbs:

Last year bulletin that showed october came well into the second week. I agree with javisakid also we waited so long... we can hold our horses a bit more...it will happen guys just have patience

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Iran
Timeline

Last year bulletin that showed october came well into the second week. I agree with javisakid also we waited so long... we can hold our horses a bit more...it will happen guys just have patience

Do u guys think this delay has anything to do w US election in November!?

Edited by 2005oct

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Do u guys think this delay has anything to do w US election in November!?

Election, I think not, but some of the new Laws that they are trying to introduce (like increasing 7% to 15% rule,...) maybe.

Thats why they need to do their homework now.

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

Election, I think not, but some of the new Laws that they are trying to introduce (like increasing 7% to 15% rule,...) maybe.

Thats why they need to do their homework now.

Well...I dont think elections has anythg to do with this....i think we r all freaking too much...Jus b'coz DOS has not released VB till now i.e. 10th and not yet sent Interview letters to all.....Remember they have to release VB for Oct and they will even if it takes a bit longer as compared to earlier months..but they will and afterall they have to do...And also they hav to send I/Ls to applicants who will be next in line for interview for coming month....

And as far as no movement is concerned...this is new fiscal so they have a lot new numbers to assign rather than stop....

Just wait some few days more atleast till friday we will know all the suspense.... :thumbs::)

Hope for Best Guys...every thg will be OK...just be optimistic rather than pessimist....

I-130 / F-2A

USCIS

November 14 2013 I-130 Sent to Chicago Lockbox

November 15 2013 I-130 Received at Chicago Lockbox Facility

November 18 2013 Email from USCIS about Petition Acceptance (PD Nov 15 2013)

November 19 2013 I 797 NOA 1 received by mail

March 24 2015 Received E Mail and Text Notification about Case transfer to another USCIS Office

March 28 2015 Received Hard copy of Transfer Notice from USCIS

March 31 2015 Case Approved by USCIS

April 1 2015 Received Email and Text message for Case Approval

April 4 2015 Received Hard Copy of NOA2 from USCIS

NVC STAGE

April 16 2015 Case received at NVC

April 24 2015 Case Number and IIN received on Call

April 27 2015 Paid AOS Fees and Submitted DS-261

April 29 2015 Welcome Letter from NVC in Email

May 05 2015 DS-261 reviewed over phone

May 06 2015 AOS & Civil Documents sent to NVC

May 07 2015 Documents received at NVC

May 08 2015 Email from NVC to pay IV Fees

June 08 2015 IV PAID

June 10 2015 Submitted DS-260

July 13 2015 Case Completed

July 29 2015 Finally....Got Interview Date

Sep 18 2015 Interview (Approved)

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Venezuela
Timeline

I agree, let's not panic! No category has received interview letters yet. As other have said, this is the start of the fiscal year and they're taking their time planning how it will move.

F1 Discussion | F1 Poll | F1 Watch List

F1 ~ PD: 08SEP06 ~ Current! cool.png ~ AOS ~ Green Card!

Filed: F-2A Visa Country: India
Timeline

What a Joke....1 week movement ...>but i think next month they might Press to Jan 2006...lets c....

http://travel.state.gov/visa/bulletin/bulletin_5770.html

Well the wait is over.

One weeks movement for F1. Very disappointing.

Edited by chiku83

Filed: F-1 Visa Country: Costa Rica
Timeline

Well the wait is over.

One weeks movement for F1. Very disappointing.

Ohhh noo, not again..... This is just horrible.... I feel like jumping from a fifth floor..... #######....... Patience is one of my biggest virtues, but this is just getting on my nerves..... :angry:

Filed: FB-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Pitiful movement. Yes, we should be happy that it did, in fact, move. But wow! Some months we have excellent news, others, like this, we have terrible news. Yet, at the start of the fiscal year it barely moves, I wonder what that means for the rest of the year. Are they simply being conservative or -- God forbid -- are the visa numbers already done? What do you guys think?

In other news, if this visa bulletin had 2006 instead of 2005 at the end of it, I'd be current right now!

Sigh..... Time to put my head back underground and wait again. :-(

Edited by javisakid

Priority Date: 10/5/2006

Interview Scheduled: 10/1/2013

Medical Completed: 11/4/2013

Interview Completed: 11/18/2013

CEAC Status -- Administrative Processing -- 11/19/2013

CEAC Status -- ISSUED -- 11/19/2013

VISA IN HAND -- 11/21/2013

POE -- 11/22/2013

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.