GeoffM

Filipino birth certificate

9 posts in this topic

Please can somebody look at the attached image and tell me whether this will be accepted by NVC as my wife's birth certificate? Her original was lost in a fire and my attorney (who may not be familiar with Filipino documents) says a certified copy is not acceptable. I'm unsure as to whether this is a birth certificate or a certified copy.

Might not make any difference but for completeness, I'm a UK citizen by birth, she's dual UK/Filipino (the latter by birth), and I have an approved I-140 (EB1A). Just about to start the NVC process.

Many thanks.

Second time lucky with attachment... identifying marks whited out (hopefully). Printed on security paper.post-106007-0-60761600-1304036416_thumb.jpg

The form you just shown is a certified thru copy authenticated by NSO. She can get a copy of her original birth certificate at NSO (burned by fire is not acceptable is not an acceptable reason anymore even here in the Philippines) as you get it at NSO if you have a record...

visit...www.nso.gov.ph if you want to get a copy of her birthd Cert. You can order online and will deliver it in your door.. God bless..

IR-5 Timeline (Petitioning my mother from the Philippines)

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/09//2017 - Petition was received (Priority Date)

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

01/20//2017 - Received NOA1 in the mail (Form I-179c)

Second time lucky with attachment... identifying marks whited out (hopefully). Printed on security paper.post-106007-0-60761600-1304036416_thumb.jpg

By they way, I am not sure if NVC are accepting certified thru copy. But here in the Philippines, in legal transactions " Certified thru copy authenticated by NSO" is being honored.

01/06/2017 - Mailed Petition to Arizona Lockbox via USPS certified mail - Paid: $4 and change

01/16/2017 - Received  text and email notification that case was accepted and routed to Texas Service Center

By they way, I am not sure if NVC are accepting certified thru copy. But here in the Philippines, in legal transactions " Certified thru copy authenticated by NSO" is being honored.

I was just replying to your previous question as I was confused - basically, you're saying that the image I showed is NOT acceptable to the US NVC and that she needs to go to www.nso.gov.ph to get a new one?

Reminds me of what the attorney said - burned by fire is not acceptable, she needs the original. But it was burned by fire. Yes, but she needs the one [burned by fire]. Should I send ashes?!?!?!

Thanks.

From seeing the image that you attached, that was just a copy of her Local Civil Registry (Form-1A) BC that was authenticated by NSO. She has to get a certified copy of her BC from NSO not an authenticated Form-1A BC. Check this link for the sample on how the certified BC looks..

http://www.visajourney.com/gallery/displayimage.php?album=lastup&cat=3&pid=25652#top_display_media

It's basically just a scanned copy of the original birth certificate that is printed on security paper and has Birth reference Number. If she had lost her original BC I believe NSO has a copy of it in their data base.

And if not NSO will then instruct her to go to the Local Registry which her birth has record and they will then request for an electronic endorsement of the original birth certificate which the Local Registry has. They make it sound confusing but that electronic endorsement means the Local Civil Registry will scan the original BC and sends it direct to NSO. This process may take awhile though before you can get a certified copy of BC in NSO.

From seeing the image that you attached, that was just a copy of her Local Civil Registry (Form-1A) BC that was authenticated by NSO. She has to get a certified copy of her BC from NSO not an authenticated Form-1A BC. Check this link for the sample on how the certified BC looks..

http://www.visajourn...p_display_media

It's basically just a scanned copy of the original birth certificate that is printed on security paper and has Birth reference Number. If she had lost her original BC I believe NSO has a copy of it in their data base.

And if not NSO will then instruct her to go to the Local Registry which her birth has record and they will then request for an electronic endorsement of the original birth certificate which the Local Registry has. They make it sound confusing but that electronic endorsement means the Local Civil Registry will scan the original BC and sends it direct to NSO. This process may take awhile though before you can get a certified copy of BC in NSO.

Sorry, If I confused you. The post above is right....About ordering a Birth Certificate online: here is the right link. Sorry. https://www.ecensus.com.ph/Secure/frmIndex.asp

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, she went to the ecencus site and applied for another birth certificate - but got a (virtually) identical one to the one I posted earlier! However, we don't have the physical copy yet as she had it sent to her parents to save money.

I don't know what to do now! Just today I received our LND number for NVC so maybe there is a way for them to pre-verify the document before sending it in formally?

I've since found out that the true original birth certificate was never received by the NSO when she was born. I'm really at a loss of what to do now. My attorney is unhelpful. Can NVC pre-approve documents by email before they are sent properly? Just to say "informally, that looks okay" rather than "we approve this", just to give us piece of mind?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.