Tim/Mav

photos as evidence of meeting....

21 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

we know that dates are important in documents,is it important too that there should be dates shown on photos printed copy to present to the CO?was there a standard pictures that should be follow how to present photos during interrview as evidence of meeting....

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Photos will not suffice as evidence of meeting in the last two years, because they are not reliably dated, or dated at all. If you have other primary evidence of meeting, then photos might show how you two interact with eachother. Good luck.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

we know that dates are important in documents,is it important too that there should be dates shown on photos printed copy to present to the CO?was there a standard pictures that should be follow how to present photos during interrview as evidence of meeting....

You've already filed the petition. The CO is not concerned about evidence of meeting. USCIS will adjudicate that based on primary evidence. Photos are secondary evidence of meeting. For USCIS or the Consulate, I recommend printing multiple photos per page, in color, on plain white paper. You may then add any date or other information you think may be helpful. If the photos are not already showing an interior date, that's fine.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Haiti
Timeline

Harpa Timsah is correct, photos aren't primary evidence of meeting in the last 2 years, you should present the CO with Itinerary/boarding passes, passport stamps, receipts with both names on it, etc....

Remember, they can ruled the photos as forgeries or staged, it happened to my friend at her interview. They told her all her pictures were staged. They even went on her facebook page.

Edited by katiemanny

AOS TIMELINE

AOS package mailed on 12/16/08

AOS package delivered on 12/19/08

Check cashed on 12/26/08

NOA1 received on 12/30/08

Biometrics on 01/20/09

AOS interview on 04/30/09

EAD Card production ordered on 03/17/09

EAD Card received on 03/21/09

AOS interview APPROVED on 04/30/09

Card production ordered on 05/27/09

Welcome letter received on 06/05/09

Card production ordered again on 06/15/09

Permanent Resident Card received on 07/09/09

I-751 ROC TIMELINE

I-751 package mailed on 02/28/2011

I-751 package delivered on 03/02/2011

Check payment cashed on 03/04/2011

NOA1 received on 03/08/2011

Biometrics appointment on 04/05/2011

Card production ordered on 05/06/2011

I-751 Petition Approved on 05/06/2011

Approval letter received on 05/12/2011

Green Card finally received on 07/29/2011

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The date stamps would be good, but are not necessary. As long as you have proof that you met in the last two years (such as air ticket receipts, hotel receipts, passport, etc.), then the photos will only serve to confirm that, which is good. At my fiance's interview the officer actually had the photos and was looking through them.

Best wishes!

Timeline

Thanks Pushbrk,i know its still early to ask about it but much better to ask it early too..

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Thanks Pushbrk,i know its still early to ask about it but much better to ask it early too..

Ideally your statements, evidence, receipts, dates, photos etc should all work together to read like a credibile story.

NOA1 - 12/21/15

NOA2 - 04/18/16

NVC Receive - 04/29/16

NVC Welcome - 05/13/16

DS-261 - 05/14/16

AOS, IV PAID - 05/27/16

DS260 done - 06/10/16

Case Transferred to US Embassy in Riga Latvia at the end of October.

If you really want it, you'll find a way!

Timeline

I made an honest-to-goodness scrapbook with all the bells and whistles. A lot of work and probably a bit excessive but was certainly fun to do (is fun to do. It will still be a work in progress till my interview day). I even plan to bring it to the States with me for us to enjoy later.

I put "chapters" corresponding to each of his visits and major events like our birthdays, Christmas and Valentine's Day exchanges. Each chapter has a heading and contains photos, related correspondences and of course all the receipts,tickets, boarding passes etc. I wrote in photo captions and other annotations needed to explain what's going on.

I even included pull quotes to highlight the most romantic phrases we ever said to each other and statements that clearly indicate our serious intention to marry.

Grace

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

I made an honest-to-goodness scrapbook with all the bells and whistles. A lot of work and probably a bit excessive but was certainly fun to do (is fun to do. It will still be a work in progress till my interview day). I even plan to bring it to the States with me for us to enjoy later.

I put "chapters" corresponding to each of his visits and major events like our birthdays, Christmas and Valentine's Day exchanges. Each chapter has a heading and contains photos, related correspondences and of course all the receipts,tickets, boarding passes etc. I wrote in photo captions and other annotations needed to explain what's going on.

I even included pull quotes to highlight the most romantic phrases we ever said to each other and statements that clearly indicate our serious intention to marry.

Grace

That is so completely awesome. (L)

December 2nd, 2011 - AOS Packet sent

December 8th, 2011 - Received electronic NOA1

January 3rd, 2012 - Received notification that case has been transferred to CSC

January 4th, 2012 - Biometrics

February 11th, 2012 - Employment Authorization Card received

February 25th, 2012 - Social Security Card received

August 24th, 2012 - Green Card Received

August, 2014 - I-751 sent

August 2014 (two weeks later) - NOA1 Received

March 2015 - RFE Received

May 2015 - RFE Packet Sent

July 28th - Letter received for interview

August 13th - Interview (GC Pending)

Timeline

Forgot to add that the pull quotes should of course be supported by the actual letters, e-mails, YMs and what-have-you that the two of you wrote to each other. You can just choose those that absolutely drip with honey ^_^ and/or indicative of your plans for the future.

I've added as appendices the list of phone calls, text messages, snapshots of e-mail inbox to establish the frequency and the ongoing nature of the communication, again with the proper annotation (i.e.how many, how frequent, how long).

Actually, it has gotten so elaborately personal (I was originally planning to just do a photo album with some captions) that I'm now a bit embarrassed to show it to the interviewer :D I just hope he/she sees it for what it is. A true labor of love.

Grace

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Forgot to add that the pull quotes should of course be supported by the actual letters, e-mails, YMs and what-have-you that the two of you wrote to each other. You can just choose those that absolutely drip with honey ^_^ and/or indicative of your plans for the future.

I've added as appendices the list of phone calls, text messages, snapshots of e-mail inbox to establish the frequency and the ongoing nature of the communication, again with the proper annotation (i.e.how many, how frequent, how long).

Actually, it has gotten so elaborately personal (I was originally planning to just do a photo album with some captions) that I'm now a bit embarrassed to show it to the interviewer :D I just hope he/she sees it for what it is. A true labor of love.

Grace

Just be aware that the interviewer will be behind a glass window with a very narrow opening allowing nothing as big as a scrapbook to pass through it.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

No. I sent ONE photo with no date. Photos are secondary and may petitions have been approved without any photos. More important is primary evidence you have visited her country or you have bith visited somewhere you would have met.

Digital cameras can be easily changed to show any date you want so dated photos have no value at all as "evidence" any more than any other photo.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

My K1 Petition was approved on Monday, and I submitted only one photo to USCIS. Of course, the question was directed at the CO, not USCIS. In their K1 instructions package, Embassy Manila advises that a FEW photos of the applicant and petitioner together MAY serve to prove that both have met in person within the last two years. Also, a sampling of "interview" reviews by VisaJourney members strongly suggests that photos play an important role in the Embassy's prescreening process. In almost every case, the local "prescreener" asked for photos. This does not bode well for me because the one photo I submitted to USCIS happens to be the only photo of us together. However, I do have a lengthy Yahoo Messenger archive and multiple entry stamps in my passport. As a previous member stated, it is the overall picture that counts.

Timeline

Just be aware that the interviewer will be behind a glass window with a very narrow opening allowing nothing as big as a scrapbook to pass through it.

:D:D I guess it'll just be a wonderful but useless keepsake then. Worth a try.

It was also a way of coping with the 5+ months of waiting for the petition approval and now the interview, visa processing etc.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Algeria
Timeline

Hi,

well we just got approved NOA2, and we submit 0 ZERo: Yes zero photos, cause we had enought proves of meeting in those last two years: my trip to the USA, our trip meeting in Europe and flights and hotels, and his trip to Algeria, plus phone record!

we didnt submitt: any emails or chat record or letters with that! im not sure im going do that to the embassy, maybe just few emails and letters, cause we never though of saving chat logs,and feel its really strange that peopel save there chat conversation, this maybe will show that all this relationship is planned since the first conversation, i guess to be unperfect somehow in evidence is normal!

I guess ,u dont have to put too much pictures, just organize them carefuly, by trip and periode, that will tie to the trips and travel evidence, and also, choose pics together, activities, but also with people: freinds, family .....

Hope this may help!

we will see, what the co will ask me at interview! :D

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.