Jim Brown

Late April/May NVC Filers

745 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

The ball is in our court with IV stuff. My wife didn't receive her new and improved birth certificate until yesterday, so I have to wait until she can send all her papers to me via DHL.

USCIS JOURNEY

11/04/2010: Sent I-130 packet.

11/07/2010: NOA1, Priority Date

11/09/2010: Touched

11/16/2010: I-797C, Notice of Action received

03/15/2011: Touched

04/10/2011: Sent email to my Democrat congressman

04/15/2011: Sent email to my Republican senator

04/26/2011: NOA2 - Approved

04/30/2011: NOA2 - Received in mail

NVC JOURNEY

05/06/2011: NVC received case from USCIS

05/06/2011: NVC case number assigned

05/09/2011: Received IIN and Beneficiary ID number via email

05/09/2011: Emailed DS-3032 and optin email

05/09/2011: AOS bill invoiced and paid

05/10/2011: AOS bill shows PAID

05/10/2011: NVC accepted wife's DS-3032 email

05/11/2011: Mailed AOS package to NVC

05/11/2011: IV bill invoiced and paid

05/12/2011: AOS package shows as delivered to NVC

05/13/2011: IV bill shows PAID

05/19/2011: Wife sent DS-260 & supporting documents via DHL to me

05/23/2011: I received DS-260 documents from wife

05/24/2011: IV package mailed

05/26/2011: IV package received by NVC

06/07/2011: NVC Case Completed

06/09/2011: Interview scheduled

Medical / US Consulate / POE:

06/14/2011: Consulate received case from NVC

06/27/2011: Medical examination

07/19/2011: I fly to Bucharest to be with my wife for interview

07/26/2011: Interview (Approved)

07/26/2011: Visa received

07/28/2011: I fly back to USA

09/06/2011: POE

• Replies 744
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

:bonk: I'm an idiot. IV fee is now in process. *shakes head at self*

laughing.gif

WOOO HOOOO...

Got a Sign in Fail today...

Called up the operator... and she told me case is under final review and nothing more is needed so no more RFE...

yes really exited...

so just a general question how long does is take for final review to be completed...

and once thats done do we get information(email) for packet 4 from the NVC or the Embassy...

take care

Most people get a CC within a day or two from SIF. Although it can take longer. But I'm thinking you should hear by Friday. Just keep calling the AVR and an operator.

You only get Packet 4 once an interview date has been scheduled, and the time for that varies by each consulate/embassy. I myself had to wait 15 days from CC to my interview date being scheduled. Some people wait a shorter amount of time, others much longer.

The ball is in our court with IV stuff. My wife didn't receive her new and improved birth certificate until yesterday, so I have to wait until she can send all her papers to me via DHL.

Hopefully the papers get to you soon!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

How are things going, Saylin? Are you adjusting well?

Are you just waiting for your SSN in the mail?

I'm not sure if NVC is reviewing our case or not, but the operator told me I have to wait 20 days before they can tell me anything. So I'll assume that they are not reviewing lol.

Hopefully this can all be over soon! We are hoping to get a July interview date because my 180 days visit ends at the end of that month!

USCIS: 166 Days
10/21/10: Sent I-130 Package
04/14/11: Received NOA2 E-mail

NVC: 54 Days
04/22/11: Received Case #/IIN/BIN
09/02/11: Received Perment Resident card & another Welcome Notice (dated 08/25/11)

I-751 ROC: 118 Days

06/29/13: Mailed Package

10/25/13: ROC Approved

N-400:

05/21/14: Mailed Package

06/06/14: NOA - Biometrics Appt 06/20/14

06/11/14: Biometrics done early (walk-in)

01/29/15: Interview Appt.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

:bonk: I'm an idiot. IV fee is now in process. *shakes head at self*

For penance, please eat 3 kg of poutine. TIA !

---

so - seems NVC is sped up, for May, compared to April, March, February?

I'm getting some Mentat vibes on a data gist.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

How are things going, Saylin? Are you adjusting well?

Are you just waiting for your SSN in the mail?

I'm not sure if NVC is reviewing our case or not, but the operator told me I have to wait 20 days before they can tell me anything. So I'll assume that they are not reviewing lol.

Hopefully this can all be over soon! We are hoping to get a July interview date because my 180 days visit ends at the end of that month!

Things are going good. Not much to adjust to though.

And yup, waiting for that dang SSN. As soon as I get it, I'm opening a bank account (and then buying a new shiny computer!), applying for a SD driver's license, applying for a tech school here, and then try to find a job! So much dependent on that damn SSN headbonk.gif

And I hope you get your CC soon and then an interview date!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

And yup, waiting for that dang SSN. As soon as I get it, I'm opening a bank account (and then buying a new shiny computer!), applying for a SD driver's license, applying for a tech school here, and then try to find a job! So much dependent on that damn SSN headbonk.gif

Congrats Saylin for makingit into the US. Hope everything works out well for you. It seems we are always waiting for something even when we think we are all done, there will always be something more to wait for. :yes: But i'm guessing you wont let that stop you :D

Edited by Happy User

z4ddbf876e4519.gif

Glitter Text Maker

Event Date

2010-08-06: I-130 Sent

2010-11-02: I-130 Transfered to TSC

2010-08-16: I-130 NOA1

2011-02-08: I-130 RFE

2011-02-21: I-130 RFE Sent

2011-03-01: I-130 Approved

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Hard copy Received

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Sent to NVC

NVC

2011-03-18: NVC Case #

2011-03-19: Sent OPTIN email and DS 261

2011-03-22: AOS fees appears as PAID

2011-03-23: Emailed AOS package

2011-03-28: Paid IV bill

2011-03-28: Sent IV supporting docs

2011-04-04: Resent IV and AOS packages

2011-04-19: Case reviewed, RFE

2011-05-06: SIF!!!

2011-05-09: CC email and confirmation from operator!

2011-05-13: My hubbys's Bday, great gift interview date throu email!!!:)

Med/Interview/POE

2011-05-25: Medical Medisys. Done.

2011-06-27: Interview *APPROVED!!!*

2011-07-13: Passport in hand.

2011-07-30: POE

Congrats Saylin for makingit into the US. Hope everything works out well for you. It seems we are always waiting for something even when we think we are all done, there will always be something more to wait for. :yes: But i'm guessing you wont let that stop you :D

Thanks! Yes, even when you get to the US, there's more waiting laughing.gif I just wish I knew WHEN I'd be getting my SSN so I can count down to it or something. Just not knowing when bothers me laughing.gif

Timeline

I opened up a bank account without a SSN, you just need to show them your passport. It was pretty easy for me, wasn't married at the time either.

I hope I get CC and interview date soon too, thanks!

Good luck with the SSN, let us know when you receive it, along with your gc :)

09/02/11: Received Perment Resident card & another Welcome Notice (dated 08/25/11)

N-400:

I opened up a bank account without a SSN, you just need to show them your passport. It was pretty easy for me, wasn't married at the time either.

I hope I get CC and interview date soon too, thanks!

Good luck with the SSN, let us know when you receive it, along with your gc :)

Oh wow, you didn't need an SSN for a bank account? Hmm, I'm gonna call up the bank tomorrow and ask then. Because that would be great. I really want to buy a new computer, but can't buy online without a credit card, so...

I'll definitely be updating once I get my green card and SSN! yes.gif

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

hello, i just paid AOS processing fees. I have few questions...

do i need to submit i-864ez and DS-230 together? with supporting documents?

No. You /can/, as long as you put the barcoded sheet on top of each package, and I personally would clip everything in each package together so there's no question as to what belongs where. But you don't have to send them together if you're missing say the police certificate or are waiting on your employer to give you the salary confirmation letter.

Edited by CanadaLove

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Timeline

laughing.gif

And the 'DUH' moment happened like, 10 minutes after I posted. /That's/ the kicker. *shakes head at self more*

For penance, please eat 3 kg of poutine. TIA !

Only if I can eat around the gravy. :D

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Timeline

Thank you Kimsue!!!! Awesome!

Hi! Here is a link to an example of an RFE that someone has gotten regarding the J1 residency requirements: J1 RFE

I never got this RFE, but I sent in the proof it asks for, and I would recommend you do the same. So if you have the DS-2019 or IAP-66 (depending on when you did your J1), you can send in a copy of that- it should say whether the two-year requirement applies. My husband (the beneficiary) couldn't find this form so I had him photocopy the actual visa from his passport, which says BEARER IS NOT SUBJECT TO SECTION 212(E). TWO YEAR RULE DOES NOT APPLY. I also sent a copy of a document he received from the organization he got the visa through. Lastly, I typed up a page clearly labelled as an Addendum to the DS-230. I wrote in bold type that my husband came to the US on a J1 visa in XXXX year and that the two-year residency requirement did not apply (as it clearly says on his visa). I then answered the 6 questions from the above-linked RFE and signed and dated the sheet.

If you provide similar evidence and draw attention to that evidence in your IV package, you should be fine! Good luck!

Timeline

Oh wow, you didn't need an SSN for a bank account? Hmm, I'm gonna call up the bank tomorrow and ask then. Because that would be great. I really want to buy a new computer, but can't buy online without a credit card, so...

I'll definitely be updating once I get my green card and SSN! yes.gif

I opened an account at Citizens bank, not sure if they have it there in SD, but it should work at any other bank too. The teller asked for my passport and driver's license I believe. They'll enter 0's for your SSN, and it should work. I received my bank card and pin number separately in the mail within 3-5 business days.

They have never hasseled me for a SSN since, so not sure you will even need to update the paperwork, unless you're doing direct deposit or something once you start working I'd imagine :)

Edited by lbjr

N-400:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.