militarygf

no packet from Mla embassy after 2 wks

32 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, Like you Im also waiting to receive my packet but I havent received any packet from the embassy containing instructions. But I received an Eligibility Letter from Embassy telling me that I am eligible for an interview.

My other question pertains to the validity date stated on NOA2. Ours is from 3/28/2011 to 07/28/2011. What does this mean pls? Am I given until July 28 to finish all paperwork, including obtaining the medical and K1visa and should depart for US on or before that date?

Thanks again for any clarifications you can help me with!

And yes, you are subject to finish all the paper works before July 28, including the medical and interview. Its like you need to fly for the US not after July 28.

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

----------------------------------------

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

My blog: All about my writings and essays

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Packet 3 is the same with Letter of Eligibility tho

We never get tired of reminding each other that our love is stronger than anything else..Jay&Cici

-----------------------------

Timeline

Oh, I didn't know that. I should have update my timeline then. I thought Packet 3 is same as the Eligibility Letter. Thank you Jay & Cici!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Picture4.jpg

Picture5.jpg

K-1 Journey (I-129F)

09/10/2010 ----- Filing date of I-129 F

09/22/2010 ----- NOA 1

02/22/2011 ----- Case being adjudicated

02/28/2011 ----- RFE, Waiver to file 2nd K-1 petition

03/04/2011 ----- RFE reply sent

03/08/2011 ----- RFE received and being reviewed at USCIS

03/17/2011 ----- NOA2 (I-129F approved)

03/23/2011 ----- NOA2 hard copy received

03/29/2011 ----- NVC received our Case

04/04/2011 ----- NVC letter received and case forwarded to US embassy Manila

04/08/2011 ----- US Embassy Manila received our case (Consulate)

04/15/2011 ----- Paid VISA at BPI

04/16/2011 ----- Received Eligibility Letter from US Embassy Manila dated April 8, 2011

04/25/2011 ----- 1st day of Medical

04/26/2011 ----- 2nd day of Medical (I PASSED!! Thank you Lord!!)

05/13/2011 ----- Interview (221g - Case under Administrative Processing "AP")

08/12/2011 ----- Received an email from the embassy "Case is pending review by a consular officer"

My blog: All about my writings and essays

Timeline

hi... i may have posted the same topic lolz... and also my letter was on April 5, 2011... probably were also on the same batch :)

hello! yes it does look like we may be in the same batch. hope you were able to gain info from the thread. Kudos to the persistent Pinays! :dance:

Good luck to both of us on the next steps =)

Edited by militarygf

9/14/02 - became a couple

5/2/06 - his migration :(

6/17/09 to 12/1/09 - wonderful period of living together in US!

11/28/10 - I-129F sent to Lewisville,TX via UPS

11/30/10 - package received

12/02/10 - cheque encashed

12/7/10 - electronic confirmation of package; routed to VSC

12/9/10 - touched (?)

12/9/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military installation

12/30/10 - NOA1 hard copy reached military unit

1/05/11 - NOA1 hard copy finally reached his maibox, yey!

2/25/11- called military helpline to request expedite I-129f processing

/28/11 - received USCIS letter requesting documents to support expedite request

3/11/11 - faxed documents to USCIS

3/22/11 - approval notification of expedite request received through mail

3/25/11 - approval email notification of expedite request

3/28/11 - I-129F petition for fiancee application approved!!! a step closer!!!

4/4/11 - VSC sent to Manila

5/04/11 - Medical at St. Luke's (passed!)

5/05/11 - vaccination

5/17/11 - USEM Interview, approved!

Timeline

Thank you for the link! I've read and printed the document :) This particular document is not included in the packet we are expecting from the embassy then? The document is only available on the website? My apologies for what may seem like a silly question, but since my man is out in the fields, and has slim to none access to an internet, I may have to scan the document instead for him. I'd like him to be a part of every step of the process, so we can rejoice dreamily when we get the chance to talk :blush:

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Timeline

Hi, Like you Im also waiting to receive my packet but I havent received any packet from the embassy containing instructions. But I received an Eligibility Letter from Embassy telling me that I am eligible for an interview.

And yes, you are subject to finish all the paper works before July 28, including the medical and interview. Its like you need to fly for the US not after July 28.

first of all congrats on getting that eligibility letter! Was it delivered to your home or sent to your email? Doesn't really matter how it was sent, does it, as long as you have it secured now. :dance: You must be excited to schedule the interview, Crystal mentioned that the earliest date is for May 6 already, but who knows, you might be able to squeeze for an earlier date. Good luck on that! thanks as well for clarifying the validity dates. :)

Oh, I didn't know that. I should have update my timeline then. I thought Packet 3 is same as the Eligibility Letter. Thank you Jay & Cici!! :thumbs::thumbs::thumbs:

Here is where i kinda got lost again :blush: must be due to all the excitement lol. ok, so the eligibility letter that was received by jameugiekaxavilon is what people refer as packet 3? Does the packet contain anything else (instructions, directions, forms, etc) aside from this letter?

you've been such a great help jay & cici! thank u very much :thumbs:

12/9/10 - touched (?)

5/05/11 - vaccination

Timeline

Wow, I am sure glad that this thread was started, I just found out to day that we are approved. Now I know there is no need to wait for the packet from the embassy. I just have to be macolit, haha. Once I have the letter with the MNL case number I will start bugging the embassy until it is in the system.

By the way, Our NOA1 date was Dec 3, 2010, I received the text and email this morning April 18 and when i checked the USCIS website it showed we were approved on April 13th. I guess it takes a few days for them to actually get around to updating the computer, since I check several times a day, especially over the last few days since I knew we were getting close.

I just updated our timeline with the NOA2 date as April 13th since I believe its the same date as will be on the NOA2 hard copy.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thank you for the link! I've read and printed the document :) This particular document is not included in the packet we are expecting from the embassy then? The document is only available on the website? My apologies for what may seem like a silly question, but since my man is out in the fields, and has slim to none access to an internet, I may have to scan the document instead for him. I'd like him to be a part of every step of the process, so we can rejoice dreamily when we get the chance to talk :blush:

I believe this is the same one we're supposed to get through the mail.

That's a lot of requirements that have to be accomplished so if I were you, I'd get started right away! Our lawyer actually sent it to us right after NOA1 so we can have a head start working on some of them.

Item K alone is a project unto itself. I decided that a good way to go about it is to make a chronological scrapbook so that every evidence you put there (photos,letters,receipts) contributes to a nice narrative flow of the relationship. It's fun to do and also a nice keepsake for the both of you.

Grace

Timeline

The Manila Embassy does not send any packets per se. We just get eligibility letters (*or not get any*) LOL. I still don't have anything by mail except for the reply they sent yesterday to my email 2 weeks ago saying I am now eligible to schedule an interview ( which I already did last week) :rofl:

You do need to fill out, download, and print the embassy forms (DS 156, 156K, 170) and bring it to the interview with you alongside the other requirements.

Good luck! :)

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

Hi VJ family! My fiance called NVC a few days after he had received the hard copy of the NOA2; he was told that our application was forwarded to Manila Embassy on April 4th, and gave him our MNL case number. Fiance asked me to check with the consulate office. Since I have not received the packet yet, I called the embassy on the 15th, although I was not really sure if the approved expeditious request extended to the consulate stage, I thought that 2 weeks should be enough time for them to receive/ review our package. I spoke with a customer service representative – I was asked of our names (petitioner & beneficiary); my passport number and its validity date; date of my last entry in US; and our MNL case number. It was a breeze; until I asked them if there is any way I could check if our application had reached their office yet. We went round and about -- they said that the embassy will send me a notification of eligibility which should be my go signal to schedule an interview; I asked again when I could expect for that mail, they said there is no definite lead time, and would depend on their work load. I pressed for my initial question, which is how I could find out if the approved application from NVC had reached their office. I was finally told that I can just email to follow up and ask if it is being reviewed already.

I’d like to ask if this happens normally? Ive seen other timelines and noticed that it just takes days for beneficiaries to receive the packet from the local embassy since their packages were forwarded by NVC. I was even more surprised to read from the flowchart that it only takes 5-7 working days to be received and less than a week to send to beneficiary the forms and checklist.

Had anyone else experienced the same?

My other question pertains to the validity date stated on NOA2. Ours is from 3/28/2011 to 07/28/2011. What does this mean pls? Am I given until July 28 to finish all paperwork, including obtaining the medical and K1visa and should depart for US on or before that date?

Thanks again for any clarifications you can help me with!

It is normal for a K-1 petition to take more than two weeks from the time it leaves the National Visa Center (NVC) until the time the U.S. Embassy Manila (USEM) receives it, enters it into their system, and sends a letter to the beneficiary saying that the beneficiary is eligible to schedule an interview (Packet 3). Sometimes the eligibility letter never arrives.

That's what happened in our case...neither the petitioner nor the beneficiary ever received an eligibility letter. We simply paid the visa fee and called to set an interview appointment.

There is no need to worry about the validity date of the NOA2. If you are actively working towards acquiring your visa, the USEM will routinely extend the deadline for the NOA2. Setting an interview appointment is one of the things that you will do to show the USEM that you are actively working towards a visa. In cases where there is no movement forward in the visa process and an extension of the deadline is needed, you can email the USEM and request an extension of the NOA2 deadline.

oh the customer representative also said that the "notification of eligibility" that I would receive will be sent AFTER the consul had reviewed and approved the application. May i ask if this is accurate pls? This notification of eligibility is what most people refer as the packet 3, where forms and instructions are attached? :help:

much thanks again!

You are correct, the eligibility letter is considered to be Packet 3. However, I don't think the consular officers actually review the K-1 petitions before the USEM sends out an eligibility letter. As I understand it, it simply takes the USEM time to enter the K-1 petitions into their system. Once they are entered into their system, an eligibility letter is sent out.

Click here to see the eligibility letter (Packet 3).

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: ...I agree to Jay&Cici...start preparing for everything..you can pay for your visa, set your appointment and medical without it..if ever they would ask if you received one, just tell them yes...God forgive me, but that's what we did before, if we kept on waiting until now, I would never be here in the US right now..until now, there's no packet/letter from the embassy that was sent to my home address in the Philippines..sometimes, we need to be initiative, pursue things and risk sometimes..don't worry, just as long as you have a copy of your NOA2 or NVC letter..btw, your letter might arrive before your interview..just have faith and trust the Lord..we are really grateful to God that everything went well for us..God bless us all!!..

There is nothing wrong with a little white lie... :D ...Chinook and I also fibbed to the call center when we told them that Chinook had already received the eligibility letter. God blesses resourceful Pinays (especially Ilonggas! :P )!!!

oh so you mean to say that the packet DOES NOT CONTAIN the information found in the website? only information for scheduling the interview?

The embassy must have the package in their system first then, before I can schedule for an interview even without this notification of eligibility? As long as the application is in their system, Im good to go to schedule for an appointment? Im being redundant, but my head is really spinning on the next steps :blink:

Thanks and best regards xx

If your K-1 petition is entered into the USEM's system, you can schedule an interview. There is no need to call the Immigrant Visa Unit at the USEM nor the USEM's call center to find out if your K-1 petition has been entered into their system. You can simply try to schedule an interview appointment online or through the call center. You will be allowed to schedule an interview once your K-1 petition is entered into their system. Just make sure to pay the visa fee before you try to schedule an interview appointment. After you pay the visa fee, give it a day or two before you try to schedule an interview appointment so that the USEM has enough time to update your payment into their system. It is not necessary to have an eligibility letter.

The USEM itself routinely extends the NOA2 deadline for four months if you are actively working toward your visa. If you are not actively working towards your visa, you can email the USEM and ask for a four-month extension to the NOA2 deadline. I'm not sure how many four-month extensions you can get.

Here is where i kinda got lost again :blush: must be due to all the excitement lol. ok, so the eligibility letter that was received by jameugiekaxavilon is what people refer as packet 3? Does the packet contain anything else (instructions, directions, forms, etc) aside from this letter?

Some people refer to the eligibility letter sent by the USEM to K-1 beneficiaries as Packet 3. However, technically speaking, the USEM does not have a Packet 3 for K-1 beneficiaries. The eligibility letter (Packet 3) is here.

The Manila Embassy does not send any packets per se. We just get eligibility letters (*or not get any*) LOL. I still don't have anything by mail except for the reply they sent yesterday to my email 2 weeks ago saying I am now eligible to schedule an interview ( which I already did last week) :rofl:

You do need to fill out, download, and print the embassy forms (DS 156, 156K, 170) and bring it to the interview with you alongside the other requirements.

Good luck! :)

That's right, there are no packets. You just get an eligibility letter...or not! :o:lol:

K-1 beneficiaries need two copies of the DS-156, one copy of the DS-156K, and two copies of the DS-157.

Timeline

That's right, there are no packets. You just get an eligibility letter...or not! :o:lol:

K-1 beneficiaries need two copies of the DS-156, one copy of the DS-156K, and two copies of the DS-157.

ooppps that is right. I made a typo. It's 157 not 170 lol :)

It pays to be "makulit" :dance:

event.png

K1 Timeline

2010-11-02: NOA1

2011-03-24: NOA2!!! :)

2011-04-08: Case arrived at Embassy ( tracked through DHL)

2011-04-11/12: Medical at St Lukes

2011-04-25: INTERVIEW :) Earliest slot available online is May 6, called to see if there is an earlier date. Got Apr 25 :)

2011-05-11: POE at LAX Airport

2011-06-25: We got married!

2011-08-02: AOS/ AP/ EAD filed

2011-08-09: AOS NOA1

2011-09-06: Biometrics Appointment

2011-10-20: AOS Interview @ Detroit USCIS

5477902625_3cbb8daa8d_t.jpg5478473242_22ddaecd18_t.jpg5478483180_7fc17c0b8f_t.jpg5477910219_4cba055980_t.jpg5478504360_9bcbcc2c98_t.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.