vaughandw

K-1 Visa: Should I bother?

20 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

What David is trying to say here is correct. (to a Point and then changes directions based on each individuals case)

There is No requirement that you know eachother 2 years only that you met and have proof of being together within that 2 years. (most common are Passport and pictures, etc.)

What I mean by change of direction on a individuals case is David has a Small Pension that will always be counted as Income and a reliable source of Income + whatever he chooses to make on top of that as extra. Semi-retired. I'm not retired so no Pension as of yet.

However, David is correct that there is time to gather Paystubs, employment letter, etc during this time of waiting.

Everyone is trying to help I see that. But, David: :rofl: Your MORE THAN 6 1/2 weeks into the K1. OMG!

Typo...6.5 months....big difference

Visa K1 Journey

02-21-10 met online

04-13-10 visit for 21 days in Philippines

08-14-10 visit for 3 months in Philippines

11-01-10 filed K-1

11-06-10 NOA1 received

04-19-11 RFE received

04-21-11 RFE returned

05-04-11 NOA2

05-11-11 Received at NVC, case number assigned

05-13-11 Left NVC to the USEM

06-01-11 Set up interview with embassy

07-21-11 Approved!... with an additional document she needs to aquire.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VBHEKx6afFw

If you aim at nothing, you'll hit it every time

You get different answers because Canada has a much less strict process than the Philippines in terms of routing out sham relationships.

England.gif England!

And in this crazy life, and through these crazy times

It's you, it's you, You make me sing.

You're every line, you're every word, you're everything.

b0cb1a39c4.png

ROC Timeline

Sent: 7/21/12

NOA1: 7/23/12

Touch: 7/24/2012

Biometrics: 8/24/2012

Card Production Ordered: 3/6/2013

*Eligible for Naturalization: October 13, 2013*

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello,

A K-1 is not a problem i think. You have sufficient evidence already. When me and my hubby file our K-1 visa before through an attorney (which is not necessary for as long as you are here in VJ, this really helps a lot), we only submitted 5 photos together. You dont need too much photos.And with regards to other proof of relationship, you still dont need too much email, phone records or money transfers, just a few pages is ok. ON us, we submitted 5 photos together, 5 emails (me and hubby), money transfer and a phone records. Regarding your previous flight to the philippines, im sure you still have your copy in your email right? the immigration only need the eticket which im sure you still have it on your email. If you deleted it already, it wouldnt hurt if you will call your travel agent and ask for a copy of your previous flight.

just my opinion though....

weds.jpgIMG_0945.jpgDSC_6818.jpg

Thanks for all the input, everyone. I guess we'll just wait and do the CR-1. Better to be more financially prepared and have a slam-dunk case, I suppose.

There is always a lot of confusion on here regarding proof of meeting vs. proof of a relationship. I'm not an expert at all; but there are some on here. I think you need to prove meeting for your initial I-129f petition, and that's where you're weak in evidence. It's easier to prove the relationship, but that's later on once you're past Vermont or California.

I think you're being smart choosing the CR-1. You'll have time to research and know what you'll need; plus the time to prepare financially is a HUGE bonus. And, I believe Cr-1 is a bit cheaper.

That's all the info I have. Good luck.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.