51 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

First they make two law abiding, tax paying citizens who just want to be together wait six to eight months. Then they threaten to not allow the two people to be together, if there is the slightest documentation error or other such tiny mistake. How many lives have they ruined anyway? But of course illegal aliens are welcomed with open arms if they'll just vote for the crook politicians running this Circus. That could only come from our cold as ice heartless Government bureaucrats who don't give a flying Rat's #### about anyone.

I understand your frustration but it is this way because many people try to cheat the system. If there is anyone to blame, it is those who try to come here under false pretenses and not the government imho.

Also, illegal aliens are not exactly welcomed with open arms (although I agree it sometimes looks like that). But it is true that they don't do much to get the illegal ones out of the country again.

I'm just wondering, did you get your petition denied? And if so, on what grounds?

N400 Timeline:

12/14/11 - Sending out N400 package

12/19/11 - Received by USCIS

12/21/11 - NOA date

12/22/11 - Check cashed

12/27/11 - Received NOA

02/06/12 - Received yellow letter (pre-interview case file review)

03/13/12 - Placed in line for interview scheduling (3 yr anniversary)

03/17/12 - Received interview letter

04/17/12 - Interview - No decision, application under further review

04/17/12 - Biometrics

04/25/12 - Placed in line for oath scheduling (so I'm approved yay!)

04/27/12 - Received oath ceremony date

05/09/12 - Oath ceremony!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

First they make two law abiding, tax paying citizens who just want to be together wait six to eight months. Then they threaten to not allow the two people to be together, if there is the slightest documentation error or other such tiny mistake. How many lives have they ruined anyway? But of course illegal aliens are welcomed with open arms if they'll just vote for the crook politicians running this Circus. That could only come from our cold as ice heartless Government bureaucrats who don't give a flying Rat's #### about anyone.

Why does it say on your Timeline filed: 11/04/04 and not a Hard Copy Recieved Yet... Just wondering. ( For a Noa1 ) Something don't fit!

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

If your fiance(e) is moving here from a foreign country, why has he/she been paying taxes? And what does this have to do with illegal aliens and their ostensible voting?

Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

JeroenAndMichelle,

My petition has just gotten started.

Tim/Mav,

I am using an Immigration Attorney.

villaspurs,

I misspoke, she is not paying taxes, I am.

I take it all back. Our Government beaurocrats are wonderful people looking out for us with pleasant smiles and the best service anyone could ever hope for. They are always fair and have never caused unnecessary frustration, delays or pain for anyone.

Talk later,

notmuch88tosay

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

JeroenAndMichelle,

Tim/Mav,

villaspurs,

I take it all back. Our Government beaurocrats are wonderful people looking out for us with pleasant smiles and the best service anyone could ever hope for. They are always fair and have never caused unnecessary frustration, delays or pain for anyone.

Talk later,

notmuch88tosay

No. You were frustrated and needed to vent. We all Understand that. This site is for people to talk and disuss issues to get through the process. You meant no harm and no-one is against you. In the future, lay-down a clear question or advice on your part. All is welcome here that I have seen for the most part. We are all in a struggle in one way or another with USCIS. Before the process is done they know everything about you. We let them because we love another overseas and willingfully will disclose it. (And Pay for it) Now thats Funny, but thats what were all doing here is'nt it? So. You offended no-one and we want you to keep your time-line updated too. I let Mav do that because I'm not good at it. Also, I hired an Attourney too, I was'nt confident enough and thought I'd make a mistake. Keep us in touch... Tim/Mav and Members. Were all in this together.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Thanks for the replies.

JeroenAndMichelle,

Tim/Mav,

villaspurs,

Talk later,

notmuch88tosay

If your petition has just gotten started, why are you so mad about it all already? Are you expecting the petition/visa to be denied? The wait for the visa is really hard, but it's worth it when you're finally together. I agree it's frustrating that there are so many illegal immigrants in the US, but what's that really got to do with anything?

Shawn is the Yank, Emi is the Brit.

Late 2000 - We met online

01/04/09 - We became a couple :)

02/27/09 - We met in person for the first time!

09/05/09 - Shawn proposed in London! :)

K-1 Visa Process:

02/05/10 - Petition mailed to CSC

03/31/10 - Petition approved!! Yay!! :)

06/15/10 - Medical in London

08/10/10 - INTERVIEW - VISA APPROVED!

09/03/10 - POE: Philadelphia

10/15/10 - Our Beautiful Wedding!

AOS Process:

11/15/10 - AOS package mailed

12/14/10 - Biometrics

02/10/11 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!!!

02/19/11 - Green card received!

Timeline

Thanks Tim/Mav, I appreciate your kind words and support.

Shawn & Emi, You assume I am mad. You are mistaken. I talk in a sarcastic way sometimes, with a smile on my face. I care very much about my Fiancee. She has one of the kindest hearts I have ever come across. When I think that even the possibility of a denial exists, I feel it is unjustified and wrong. I've read about denials that seemed to be unjustified. Maybe I shouldn't vent or voice my opinion when I'm frustrated? It's easy to be misunderstood then. I don't expect a denial, my Immigration Attorney is very good. But I have had and continue to have occasionally, less than pleasant experiences when dealing with Government bureaucrats. What does illegal immigration have to do with it? Watch the news :-)

Timeline

Thanks Tim/Mav, I appreciate your kind words and support.

Shawn & Emi, You assume I am mad. You are mistaken. I talk in a sarcastic way sometimes, with a smile on my face. I care very much about my Fiancee. She has one of the kindest hearts I have ever come across. When I think that even the possibility of a denial exists, I feel it is unjustified and wrong. I've read about denials that seemed to be unjustified. Maybe I shouldn't vent or voice my opinion when I'm frustrated? It's easy to be misunderstood then. I don't expect a denial, my Immigration Attorney is very good. But I have had and continue to have occasionally, less than pleasant experiences when dealing with Government bureaucrats. What does illegal immigration have to do with it? Watch the news :-)

Sorry if I got the wrong impression but that's how you came across in your first post! I completely understand how hard it is to be apart from your fiancée but please know that as long as you have plenty of evidence of your ongoing relationship, she doesn't have a criminal record and she passes her medical, the chance of her being denied her visa aren't very high. Also, having an immigration attorney on your side has to be a good thing - they should be able to tell you if they foresee any issues and they should help to prepare your fiancée for her interview when the time comes :thumbs:

K-1 Visa Process:

AOS Process:

12/14/10 - Biometrics

Timeline

Thanks Shawn & Emi,

I do appreciate the info and your words of support.

This can be a stressful process while not knowing exactly what to expect.

Especially when we are talking about the most important thing in the life of my and my Fiancee.

Refusing to allow us to be together would be the cruelest thing anyone could ever do to me and her.

It is easy to get worked up in that situation I guess.

I'll try to take things as they come.

Thanks again for your reply,

notmuch88tosay

Timeline

Thanks Shawn & Emi,

Especially when we are talking about the most important thing in the life of my and my Fiancee.

Refusing to allow us to be together would be the cruelest thing anyone could ever do to me and her.

notmuch88tosay

I know where you're coming from, I had a few thoughts about being denied my visa too, it's something you can't help thinking about occasionally. Just keep in mind that you're not going to give them a reason to deny her visa! Worst case scenario, if she does get denied (which I doubt she will if everything is above board) then you can visit her, marry in her country and file for a spouse visa. Obviously that's not desirable but I'm just saying, if the worst comes to the worst, you will have other options. Chances are, the K-1 will work out great and you'll have her here with you by early next year (maybe sooner if you're lucky!). Good luck with everything! :star:

K-1 Visa Process:

AOS Process:

12/14/10 - Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Shawn & Emi,

notmuch88tosay

I know it is frustrating. I counted each of the 178 days it took us to go through USCIS alone, then another 25 through NVC and then the wait for the interview (which in Montreal is FOREVER).

No one is keeping you from your fiance. That is not what this process is about. You may, at any time, begin procedures to be with your fiance in her country or a 3rd county. I am sure you understand the need for this process. Otherwise those who pose a public danger would be allowed in with all the rights and freedoms of citizens. Also, those who played the system and those who abused the process ruined it for the rest of us.

I too took your first post, not as sarcastic, but as awfully angry. We dont' know that you have a sarcastic personality so it is difficult to read tone on a public forum. Please keep posting, we can learn from your experiences and help you with questions

good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Hang in there. Just starting the process ourselves and it is infuriating for sure.. I can only imagine how I will feel 6 months from now

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Thumbs up :thumbs: I agree 1000%. It's not even necessary to build walls or fences with Mexico..doctors should be allowed to report illegals as soon as they show up in a hospital and stupid Arizona should stop giving Driving licenses like If they were candies. Let's cut the politically correct Bullshit on this..in New Jersey I can't even count anymore how many have an Arizona driving license. It pisses me off to unbelievable levels. Let's not even mention all the thousands of scammers in the K-1 and CR-1 applications that only accomplished to ruin the life of their US fiancè/e or spouse and made the process way more slow and difficult for the honest couples.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.