ralyse

Montreal Process Recap

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks for clearing that up :-) I really hate when things get posted that are not true. Not blaming the people that posted it here, but the people that posted it where ever they read it. Glad you got it done, it will take a few weeks for the results probably. Mine took almost 2 weeks.

I was reading your timeline....Your interview is at the Toronto consulate?

No Visa interviews at Toronto COnsulate, when I first joined Visa Journey that was my first question, how come there is no drop down menu for Toronto Consulate? boo hoo, The NVC letter with our Case Number, indicated that the case will be processed at Montreal, so I assume that is where the interview will be, am I completely off here? But I understood thru this site, that the only consulates dealing with K1 visa our Montreal and Vancouver, not Toronto.

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

No Visa interviews at Toronto COnsulate, when I first joined Visa Journey that was my first question, how come there is no drop down menu for Toronto Consulate? boo hoo, The NVC letter with our Case Number, indicated that the case will be processed at Montreal, so I assume that is where the interview will be, am I completely off here? But I understood thru this site, that the only consulates dealing with K1 visa our Montreal and Vancouver, not Toronto.

I know that there are none there but the people that I was referring to have Toronto as the consulate for the interview.....I was wondering if they just forgot to change it or if for some reason they got theirs at Toronto.

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Timeline

I know that there are none there but the people that I was referring to have Toronto as the consulate for the interview.....I was wondering if they just forgot to change it or if for some reason they got theirs at Toronto.

Perhaps other types of Visa's are processed at the Toronto one. Hope you are all ready for your inteview, coming up so soon. I know you will be so ready, with all the amazing help you have provided so many people on VJ, I know you will be more than prepared and ready. Wishing you so much happiness JeannieL, you both look so wonderful together. Can wait to hear all about it. :thumbs:

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

Hi again JeannieL, I was looking at my time line and I don't see Toronto consulate, where did you see it so I can correct it.

event.png

Yes i am assuming it is another type visa. I was just hoping they weren't misinformed.....Thanks so much! I am ready....probably more than ready. I think I have overkill with the paperwork I am taking but better to have too much than not enough, right? Of course this week I am starting to get that cold/flu that has been going around. Grrrrrr. I have been popping Cold FX since Monday night when I first felt the sore throat coming on. I really don't want to be sick at my interview!!! I know it won't matter but just not pleasant. This time next week my interview will be all over....Or at least I would hope it will be...I plan on being the first person in the line up. I wonder if they got the elevator fixed at the consulate yet? I had everything down pat until I heard that news and how it frigs up the order.....I guess I will find out when I get there.

Hi again JeannieL, I was looking at my time line and I don't see Toronto consulate, where did you see it so I can correct it.

It wasn't your timeline that I was referring too...look at the thread that I responded to....When I did the replies to your post and their post it went in the same box...If you look though it shows that I was responding to their timeline.

Timeline

It wasn't your timeline that I was referring too...look at the thread that I responded to....When I did the replies to your post and their post it went in the same box...If you look though it shows that I was responding to their timeline.

:star: you shine!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

event.png

Timeline

I am ready....probably more than ready. I think I have overkill with the paperwork I am taking but better to have too much than not enough, right? Of course this week I am starting to get that cold/flu that has been going around. Grrrrrr. I have been popping Cold FX since Monday night when I first felt the sore throat coming on. I really don't want to be sick at my interview!!! I know it won't matter but just not pleasant. This time next week my interview will be all over....Or at least I would hope it will be...I plan on being the first person in the line up. I wonder if they got the elevator fixed at the consulate yet? I had everything down pat until I heard that news and how it frigs up the order.....I guess I will find out when I get there.

:lol: Better to have an overkill of paperwork than worry that you might have missed something. I brought way too much for my interview but I felt more secure that I did. Not sure if that made any sense. I hope you feel better for your interview! I'm pretty sure the elevator would be fixed by now. It's been a week. Then again, it's the Montreal Consulate.

Good luck!

June 2003 - Met online

July 2004 - Met in person (in Texas), then travelled back and forth for the next couple of years

June 7, 2010 - Fiancee sent off I-129F

June 23, 2010 - Application received by USCIS and routed to the California Service Center for processing (NOA1)

November 2, 2010 - Received NOA2

November 29, 2010 - Received Packet 3 from Montreal Consulate (P3 was dated Nov. 19)

December 6, 2010 - Sent Packet 3 (via XpressPost Canada)

December 20, 2010 - Received Packet 4 from Montreal Consulate (P4 was dated Dec. 14)

March 28, 2011 - Medical Examination in Toronto (Results ready on March 30 at noon)

April, 13, 2011 - Interview at Montreal Consulate *APPROVED*

April 20, 2011 - Received DHL waybill number & picked up Visa at DHL Markham

June 6, 2011 - POE at Toronto Pearson Airport

June 20, 2011 - Wedding

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The person going to the Toronto Interview is probably doing DCF and I am pretty sure its Not the "real Interview" its just for paperwork etc. Then they will have there Cr-1/ir-1 visa interview in montreal.

~~~Marriage : 2009-07-10~~~

~~~I-130 Sent : 2009-11-24~~~

~~~ Medical : 2010-09-28~~~ ~~~ MTL Interview : 2010-10-20~~~ ~~~ APPROVED~~~

~~~POE Date :2010-10-31~~~ ~~~Received SSN's 2010-11-08~~

~~~Welcome Letter/Notice Receipt :2010-11-30~~~ ~~~Received Our Green Cards 2010-12-06~~~

~~~ ROC :2012-08-20~~~ ~~~NOA1 :2012-08-28~~~ ~~~BIO :2012-09-25~~~~

age.png

age.png

event.png

~~~Do not argue with an idiot. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.~~~

:lol: Better to have an overkill of paperwork than worry that you might have missed something. I brought way too much for my interview but I felt more secure that I did. Not sure if that made any sense. I hope you feel better for your interview! I'm pretty sure the elevator would be fixed by now. It's been a week. Then again, it's the Montreal Consulate.

Good luck!

That's what I was thinking....I am too far from home when at the interview to just go get something I forgot. So I am checking and rechecking everything. Even in the middle of the night I think of something and have to get up and check! I can't wait for that part to be over. You made perfect sense to me :-) ....I have the NyQuil and Kleenex now so I am all set for the road to recovery. Fingers crossed they have the elevator fixed. Looks like I am the only one from VJ that is interviewing that day unless of course some haven't updated their time line. So maybe it won't be a mad rush to the back of the elevator lol.

Thanks for the best wishes :-)

The person going to the Toronto Interview is probably doing DCF and I am pretty sure its Not the "real Interview" its just for paperwork etc. Then they will have there Cr-1/ir-1 visa interview in montreal.

That's what I am hoping...I was worried that they might have wrong information like many other people when they join VJ. I know when I first started here, I hadn't even filled out the I-129F. I thought I would be going through Halifax... Was I surprised!!! I never would have made it this far without all the help and support from the people here. :-)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

That's what I am hoping...I was worried that they might have wrong information like many other people when they join VJ. I know when I first started here, I hadn't even filled out the I-129F. I thought I would be going through Halifax... Was I surprised!!! I never would have made it this far without all the help and support from the people here. :-)

When I first started I thought I would be going through Toronto as well, I never dreamed I would have to go through Montreal!

K-1 Filed - Sept 27/10

NOA1 - Sept 28/10

NOA2 - Feb 16/11

NVC rec - Feb 28/11

NVC left - March 1/11

Con rec - March 4/11

P3 sent - March 8/11

P3 return - March 15/11

P3 logged - March 25/11

P4 sent - March 26/11

Medical - April 6/11

Interview - April 28/11 - Approved

Visa in hand - May 5/11

POE - May 13/11

SSN applied - June 1/11

Wedding - June 6/11

AOS/EAD/AP Sent - July 5/11

NOA1 - Aug 9/11

Biometrics - Sept 6/11

EAD/AP approved Sept 14/11

AOS Interview Oct 21/11

Timeline

I'll never forget the day I found out that our case would go to Montreal, and then I called them and the outgoing message there says that "Just because NVC says we have your case, that doesn't mean anything. It may take up to 5 months for us to receive and begin working on your case."

Nice thoughtful message they have right? Of course it only takes a few weeks to get the first letter usually. I guess that's their way of setting expectations really low.

Sent I129-F to Vermont Service Center- 7/23/10

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Case sent to Montreal Consulate General of the United States, Visa Unit 1/31/11

Consulate received case from NVC 2/23/11

RFE-for Canadian proof of Status 2/23/11

Packet 3 received from consulate- 3/07/11

Packet 3 sent (2nd time after a correction)- 3/28/11

Packet 3 received by consulate/Packet 4 sent- 4/8/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes i am assuming it is another type visa. I was just hoping they weren't misinformed.....Thanks so much! I am ready....probably more than ready. I think I have overkill with the paperwork I am taking but better to have too much than not enough, right? Of course this week I am starting to get that cold/flu that has been going around. Grrrrrr. I have been popping Cold FX since Monday night when I first felt the sore throat coming on. I really don't want to be sick at my interview!!! I know it won't matter but just not pleasant. This time next week my interview will be all over....Or at least I would hope it will be...I plan on being the first person in the line up. I wonder if they got the elevator fixed at the consulate yet? I had everything down pat until I heard that news and how it frigs up the order.....I guess I will find out when I get there.

The elevator was fixed on April 18 when I went for my interview.

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

That is great news SF2007 :-) How was your interview?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.