ralyse

Montreal Process Recap

61 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The other thing you can ask your family doctor for is a "titer test"... what I'd do is bring in the required vaccines for the medical/immigration as a print-out (this page, here) and see if your doctor can test you for immunity for those key illnesses. For some, a verbal declaration is enough (have you had chicken pox? Yes? done.) Others, you should be getting boosters of anyway (like DPT - that's only good for like 10 or 15 years, but most adults don't get boosters because they're not so dangerous when you're an adult, though they can be very serious if you get them when you're little).

If you print the page in the link out, you'll see that for many of the immunizations they accept either record of immunization or a titer test. It's good you're looking into this now because getting results back can take a little while. I'd get it taken care of as soon as possible.

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

If you can't get immunization records....When you are at your Dr for your physical ask to have the blood titer done to see if you are immune to the measles, mumps and rubella. It will take a few weeks for the results. As far as the chicken pox go, all the Dr did was ask me if I had them as a child. You can ask your Dr to give you the TDaP shot if you have not had one recently. Make sure that it is not just the tetanus, they require the full shot called TDaP. Hope this helps :-)

Sent AOS pack......2011-08-08

NOA's dated ..........2011-08-15

Biometrics..............2011-09-13

EAD card.................2011-10-26

AP card....................2011-10-26

AOS approved .......2011-12-19

Green card rec.......2011-12-27

Timeline

If you can't get immunization records....When you are at your Dr for your physical ask to have the blood titer done to see if you are immune to the measles, mumps and rubella. It will take a few weeks for the results. As far as the chicken pox go, all the Dr did was ask me if I had them as a child. You can ask your Dr to give you the TDaP shot if you have not had one recently. Make sure that it is not just the tetanus, they require the full shot called TDaP. Hope this helps :-)

thanks so much Jeannie and iampatricias, really appreciate all the information you both provided, it will make my Immigration Medical so much more efficient once I get , so happy to get all this information for my appointment with my family Dr tomorror morning morning. Thanks again to you both. (F) (F)

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

The other thing you can ask your family doctor for is a "titer test"... what I'd do is bring in the required vaccines for the medical/immigration as a print-out (this page, here) and see if your doctor can test you for immunity for those key illnesses. For some, a verbal declaration is enough (have you had chicken pox? Yes? done.) Others, you should be getting boosters of anyway (like DPT - that's only good for like 10 or 15 years, but most adults don't get boosters because they're not so dangerous when you're an adult, though they can be very serious if you get them when you're little).

If you print the page in the link out, you'll see that for many of the immunizations they accept either record of immunization or a titer test. It's good you're looking into this now because getting results back can take a little while. I'd get it taken care of as soon as possible.

Thank you, printed this to bring to my Dr. tomorrow...much Thanks again.

event.png

Patience and perseverance have a magical effect before which difficulties disappear and obstacles vanish

Timeline

When I was getting ready for my Physical I had no idea how to track down my old Doctor to get my immunization records, a quick internet search showed me that anyone in Ontario can get a hold of their public health unit (I'm in Simcoe county so mine was the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit) who have complete records. Any time you get a vaccine in Ontario it is reported to the health unit so there are complete records. One quick phone call and they mailed me out one of those yellow forms with names and dates of every vaccine I had ever received.

Timeline

When I was getting ready for my Physical I had no idea how to track down my old Doctor to get my immunization records, a quick internet search showed me that anyone in Ontario can get a hold of their public health unit (I'm in Simcoe county so mine was the Simcoe Muskoka District Health Unit) who have complete records. Any time you get a vaccine in Ontario it is reported to the health unit so there are complete records. One quick phone call and they mailed me out one of those yellow forms with names and dates of every vaccine I had ever received.

you're lucky, I called Toronto Public Health and since they amalgamated the boroughs (now called GTA) they archived them and have no record for me....:unsure: well hopefully my Dr. will give me the Titer Test to see what I am immune to, and get some sort of record from her.

event.png

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Just an FYI, I'm not sure where I read it on this site but it was in the last couple of weeks, apparently you can't get titer tests done for this in Ontario or Canada anymore. It may have been in the DCF forum..

March 1999 - Met online

July 5th, 2001 - Met in person

December 19, 2003 - Got engaged

September 26, 2004 - Got married in Canada and husband (USC) becomes a PR

July 5, 2007 - Our daughter Samantha is born

April 5th, 2011 - I-130 Submitted to Toronto Consulate

April 29th, 2011 - Interview at Toronto Consulate

June 8th, 2011 - Packet 3 received via email

June 9th, 2011 - Packet 3 returned via Expresspost overnight

June 13th, 2011 - Packet 3 received by Consulate

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 3 Logged

June 16th, 2011 - Packet 4 Dated

June 22nd, 2011 - Packet 4 Logged

September 12, 2011 - Medical in Toronto

September 29, 2011 - Interview - APPROVED!

? - Visa Received

? - POE

I live in Canada and had them done recently so that is an untruth about all of Canada. I cannot speak for Ontario.

Timeline

Just an FYI, I'm not sure where I read it on this site but it was in the last couple of weeks, apparently you can't get titer tests done for this in Ontario or Canada anymore. It may have been in the DCF forum..

Just had a titer test done this morning for measles and rubella, I am in Toronto ONTARIO, I believe the technician said it was a Titer test as she was drawing vile after vile of blood.

event.png

Just had a titer test done this morning for measles and rubella, I am in Toronto ONTARIO, I believe the technician said it was a Titer test as she was drawing vile after vile of blood.

Thanks for clearing that up :-) I really hate when things get posted that are not true. Not blaming the people that posted it here, but the people that posted it where ever they read it. Glad you got it done, it will take a few weeks for the results probably. Mine took almost 2 weeks.

I was reading your timeline....Your interview is at the Toronto consulate?

I got my blood test done today (since my vaccination records are MIA in the Toronto area as well. Region of Peel, actually, but still.) They didn't specifically call it a titre test, but were checking my immunity for MMR, at least.

I do have a question regarding the original reason I started this thread... my head is having trouble working out when I have to sign up for the website & DHL and all of that. Is that when P4 is sent out?

We're on our way to Montreal, hopefully won't take long for P3 to get sent to me so I can send it all off :)

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

I got my blood test done today (since my vaccination records are MIA in the Toronto area as well. Region of Peel, actually, but still.) They didn't specifically call it a titre test, but were checking my immunity for MMR, at least.

I do have a question regarding the original reason I started this thread... my head is having trouble working out when I have to sign up for the website & DHL and all of that. Is that when P4 is sent out?

We're on our way to Montreal, hopefully won't take long for P3 to get sent to me so I can send it all off :)

[/quote

You can register for DHL when you get your packet 3 or notification that packet 3 has been sent. At that time you will also fill out your forms (if you haven't already)....You do not have to wait for physical packet 3 to arrive before sending the packet 3 forms and checklist to Montreal. Have you called DOS to see if packet 3 has been sent?

You can register for DHL when you get your packet 3 or notification that packet 3 has been sent. At that time you will also fill out your forms (if you haven't already)....You do not have to wait for physical packet 3 to arrive before sending the packet 3 forms and checklist to Montreal. Have you called DOS to see if packet 3 has been sent?

I've got everything ready to send as soon as I hear that Packet 3 has been sent, I just wasn't sure where the DHL part fell into the timeline. Thanks for clearing that up!

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

I work in family practice, and can tell you that Public Health will only have records of vaccines that parents have notified them were given. If your parents didn't send in the records to them directly, or the school didn't forward them, then they will not have the records. This is why so many parents get letters every year from Public Health threatening them with suspending their children for not being up to date on their vaccines, because the parents didn't report it. I can also tell you from experience, that vaccine records that the doctors have on file don't always match with what Public Health has on file, and even when we try to help a patient fix it, often times Public Health still gets it wrong.

What you want to ask your doctor for is proof of immunity, or IgE. If you have ever been pregnant, then you already should have the blood test done and in your medical file for Rubella, and often times that is accepted as proof of immunization, though I can tell you that there are people that have had the MMR and still don't show antibodies in their blood to the virus, so ideally, you want your dates of immunization, as, you may find that you don't show immunity, then have to have the vaccine anyway, kinda a time waster when you're trying to get things done for the interview in a timely manner.

What you could do is see if your mom kept a record of your doctor's appointments in your baby book, and then you could extrapolate what vaccines you had on what days according to the guidelines for vaccination that were around when you were an infant.

Jan 21 2011 sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox - they lost it
Mar 22 2011 - Sent I-129F package to Dallas lockbox second time
May 2 2011 - NOA1 at CSC
July 15 2011 - NOA2!!!
July 21 2011 - Hardcopy of NOA2 received in mail
Aug 9 2011 - Case forwarded to Montreal
Sep 7 2011 - Packet 4 sent from embassy
Oct 27 2011 - Interview
Nov 12 2011 - Intended POE VISA delayed due to typo on son's name at the consulate
Nov 22 2011 - Picked up Visa
Nov 26 2011 - New intended POE date
Dec 10 2011 - Wedding

Jan 12 2012 - Sent AOS package
Feb 1 2012 - They send rejection notice, they lost a signature page
Feb 4 2012 - Resent package
Feb 14 2012 - NOA2
Feb 22 2012 - NOA3
March 21 2012 - Biometrics
March 30 2012 - NOA4
May 16 2012 - Interview date

April 2014 - application for I751 Removal of Conditions
May 7 2014 - NOA for notice of receipt and extension letter received
May 8 2014- Verification of inclusion of a dependent letter received
Not dated but in May - letter requesting interview received
July 10 2014 - ASC appointment notice for biometrics received

July 24 2014 Biometrics appointment

Jan 22 2015 - USCIS call

March 18 2015 - USCIS call

April 2 2015 - USCIS call

May 14 2015 - Infopass appt

July 21 2015 - infopass appt

Sept 18 2015 - infopass appt
Feb 25 2016 - USCIS call
Feb 25 2016 - Ombudsman request form sent

Timeline

I've got everything ready to send as soon as I hear that Packet 3 has been sent, I just wasn't sure where the DHL part fell into the timeline. Thanks for clearing that up!

As soon as Packet 3 is sent you could *technically* sign up for the CSC website to scope out interview dates (though lots of folks seem to be getting the "no appointments available" line) but you should not book a date. When you go through to confirm an appointment, the system will have you pay (if you choose the K1/K2 option) and also sign up for DHL. Actually, the Packet 3 I received instructed me to send my paperwork to Montreal with DHL, but by then, I'd already sent it all with ExpressPost... didn't seem to hurt the process much...

April, 2009 - We met

May, 2009 - We wooed

June, 2010 - We got engaged, looking forward to a small August 2010 wedding

** Reality Check: K-1 Process**

July 22, 2010 - NOA1

**5 months of patient waiting**

December 29, 2011 - call around for information about delay

January 5, 2011 - RFE notice (first online status update yet!)

January 10, 2011 - RFE Hardcopy

January 13, 2011 - RFE Response acknowledged

January 24, 2011 - NOA2 (at last!!)

February 3, 2011 - application sent from NVC to Montreal (aka. the Abyss?)

March 7, 2011 - Packet 3 sent to me

March 10, 2011 - Packet 3 delivered to Montreal

March 21, 2011 - Packet 4 sent to me

April 5, 2011 - Medical

April 13, 2011 - Interview - approved!

April 20, 2011 - visa in hand

May 9, 2011 - POE (Buffalo, NY)

May 10, 2011 - wedding :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.