Don and Grace

Any issues with flying out of Manila?

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi,

Im just about to book flight for fiancee and was wondering if there was any issues with flying out of Manila (Narita)?

I have one way ticket reserved but not paid for yet. On the phone the representative said something about the visa being good for one year. I know that cant be right because they only issue the visa with 6 month time allowance.

When i go to the airport to purchase ticket should i talk to the immigration there?

I want to basically make sure she wont have any snags when she flys out.

Hi,

Im just about to book flight for fiancee and was wondering if there was any issues with flying out of Manila (Narita)?

I have one way ticket reserved but not paid for yet. On the phone the representative said something about the visa being good for one year. I know that cant be right because they only issue the visa with 6 month time allowance.

When i go to the airport to purchase ticket should i talk to the immigration there?

As long as she has her Visa and CFO stamp, she should be able to jump on a plane and cruise out of Philippines and head to USA.

If she going from PI to Narita to USA it's no problem, just don't send her to China. I would send her money and let her find a cheap ticket in PI........

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The one thing that I didn't find out about when I was there was the 750 Php Airport use tax. I came to the airport about $10 short with nothing left on my debit cards. If it weren't for the airline (Korean Air) helping me out, I would probably still be in Manila. From what I understand from a conversation with a reservation agent at Korean Air, all flights originating from the Philippines must be purchased in the Philippines. I guess it's some sort of law the Philippine government has.

I just hope and pray that we get our NOA2 by the time I leave here to visit her again in October (early April filer). I want to be there for her interview and accompany her back to the states. That way, she doesn't get lost trying to navigate any connecting airports. :D

Current Status: Married on March 3, 2012. Preparing for AOS.

01-07-11 Met in person for the first time

04-04-11 I-129F sent via USPS Priority Mail

04-06-11 Delivered to Dallas Lockbox - signed for by J. Arthur

04-08-11 NOA1 sent to me, Check cashed, Case transferred to the California Service Center

04-11-11 Touched, Received e-notification via text message of NOA1 (at 12:30 am?!?!?)

04-15-11 Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail. Notice date 4/8/11.

06-24-11 Touched, Email and text - NOA2 approved in 2 months, 2 weeks, 2 days (77 days total)!!!

07-01-11 NOA2 hardcopy received

07-27-11 NVC receive - FINALLY!

07-29-11 NVC depart to Manila

10-13-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 1)

10-17-11 Medical exam at St. Luke's Medical Center (Day 2)

10-18-11 Embassy interview - APPROVED!!

12-30-11 POE Chicago

03-03-12 Wedding Day!!

Hi,

You could bypass the rest of Asia altogether and have her fly through Guam. Last time I check tickets on Continental could be had between $800 - $1000 going to the east coast.

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

The one thing that I didn't find out about when I was there was the 750 Php Airport use tax. I came to the airport about $10 short with nothing left on my debit cards. If it weren't for the airline (Korean Air) helping me out, I would probably still be in Manila. I

What if you flight got delayed and the airline put you up in a hotel for the night (Been there, done that). Always keep 100 bucks rat holed away for emergency.

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

From what I understand from a conversation with a reservation agent at Korean Air, all flights originating from the Philippines must be purchased in the Philippines. I guess it's some sort of law the Philippine government has.

If you are flying international they usually want you to show a Visa before they will sell you ticket.

But you can get around that, When I went to get my fiance I purchased tickets online and had them mail a hard copy to me and when I went to PI I took the tickets with me for my fiance initial trip to USA......

Hi,

When I came to the US September last year using my K1 visa, my husband bought my ticket online through Delta Airlines (Manila- Narita then Narita Salt Lake City). As for Delta airlines policy, international travellers should present their credit card that they used to purchased the ticket prior to check in. Since my husband bought my ticket in the US,Delta Airlines asked him to go to any Delta Counter in the Airport in Salt Lake City to showed them his credit card and explain them the situation that I did not have his credit card with me and he make sure they enter that in their system so I won't have any trouble checking -in (Manila). And yes there was no trouble. Just check your airline policy. Hope it helps.

You could bypass the rest of Asia altogether and have her fly through Guam. Last time I check tickets on Continental could be had between $800 - $1000 going to the east coast.

I would have to see it to believbe it at todays airline prices...800 to 1000 from Phils to USA east coast??? maybe 15 years ago.

That might be true, if you mean Guam to NY or similar. But just last year, I spent almost $650 going from Guam to MNL round trip. Gotta add that cost to the total.

That might be true, if you mean Guam to NY or similar. But just last year, I spent almost $650 going from Guam to MNL round trip. Gotta add that cost to the total.

The cost flying out of Guam is significantly higher than flying out of the Philippines. When you're in Guam they've basically got you under a barrel. Here are some examples for 30 days from now.

Manila to Newark via Guam, Honolulu and Houston =$860

post-89033-0-51057200-1303110394_thumb.jpg

Guam to Newark (same day, same flights) = $1495

post-89033-0-28226800-1303110406_thumb.jpg

11/15/10: I-130 package FEDEX'd to Chicago Lockbox

11/15/10: NSO Marriage and Birth Certificates available for pick-up at NSO

11/17/10: Receipt Date of I-130 petition at Chicago Lockbox

11/19/10: NSO Marriage Cert and Birth Cert (4x each) received by Gina in Philippines

11/19/10: CRBA package couriered to US Embassy in Manila

11/22/10: CRBA package/application including NSO BC & MC received by embassy

11/22/10: NOA1 Date

11/24/10: Electronic notification of receipt received from Chicago Lockbox

11/24/10: Embassy scheduled CRBA appointment for 12/21/2010

11/26/20: Check cashed

11/27/10: NOA1 Hardcopy received via USPS

12/21/10: Interview/Personal appearance at Manila Embassy for CRBA **approved**

01/03/11: CRBA and US Passport for daughter received by Gina via FEDEX

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

There is another fee besides the 750 peso terminal fee that we did not know about until we got there. All Filipinos going abroad have to pay a traveler's tax whether they are working, vacationing or on a K-visa. It was a little more than 1000 pesos and you pay it there in the airport BEFORE you check in for your flight. If you do not pay it first and show the receipt, they will make you go get it before issuing your ticket. That 1/2 hour delay made us very close to missing our flight. The line was long and slow-moving. After paying for that, check in, get the boarding pass and then pay the 750 terminal fee. Afterwards she will need to go through customs (slow) and then security before she can go to the gate for the plane and go through security yet again. I recommend her getting to the airport 3 hours in advance to be safe. Good luck to you both!

Edited by Thunderstruck

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.