doodlebug

what did your family say?

137 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. Maybe someone else that is a visitor reading doesn't know or understand reverting so I guess it's not such a bad thing to tell him everytime. :) MashaAllah! (Sp?)

You need to learn quickly to distinguish Charles from other benign visitors. :P

:lol:

Filed: Timeline

Same here "didnt you ever see not with out my daughter" AGGG and this was coming from my dad who does not know much about movies. I was not shocked about the movie i was shocked that he has actually seen it especially because my dad is Mexican and speaks spanish...... he unsderstands some english, he must of had it translated. LOTS OF PEOPLE DO MY HEAD IN ABOUT THIS MOVIE. ~~Sigh

Same here "didnt you ever see not with out my daughter" AGGG and this was coming from my dad who does not know much about movies. I was not shocked about the movie i was shocked that he has actually seen it especially because my dad is Mexican and speaks spanish...... he unsderstands some english, he must of had it translated. LOTS OF PEOPLE DO MY HEAD IN ABOUT THIS MOVIE. ~~Sigh

This was the only movie ever made... :P

I think the next time someone asks me if I've seen the move "Not Without My Daughter" I'll ask them if they've seen "The Messenger"......... what do you all think?

oh and moody, you are 100% correct, Islam is not only a religion but an entire way of life (and that is not the most easy way either).. If somebody converts, Mabrookulations to them and Enshallah they have done it for the right reasons...Coz if they don't have the pure intent in their heart and if they are doing it for the wrong reasons, Allah knows and it is between Allah and that individual only. That's why it took me so long to convert (i will always say convert because to me , it means to switch from one to another). I wanted to make sure I was changing for myself and not coz of my husband. It is not going to be an easy road for me as I will probably be disowned by most of my family but I couldn't deny what my heart was saying any longer. It was starting to hurt that I wasn't Muslim and when I would tell somebody I was Christian I knew that I really wasn't.....I feel like a brand new person now ..all the weight has been lifted and I am no longer confused about who I am....alhamdulilah

Visited Jordan-December 2004

Interview-December 2005

Visa approved-December 2005, 1 week later after supplying "more information"

Arrived U.S.A.-December 2005

Removed Conditions-September 2008

Divorced in December 2013

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

isn't "convert" the correct term instead of "revert" unless of course one was a muslim to begin with, changed to another religion, and then changed back........

No one respond to him... he asks the same question everytime he sees the word and he gets the same answer every time... he's just stirring up nonsense. :rolleyes:

still have yet to see a decent answer either ;)

We use the term "revert" because we believe that everyone is born Muslim and it's our families that change us. So we're not converting to a new religion we're reverting back to our original religion. Does that make sense?

i suppose that one works, although it does relegate all other religions to being insignificant.

I'm not going to sweat the small stuff. Maybe someone else that is a visitor reading doesn't know or understand reverting so I guess it's not such a bad thing to tell him everytime. :) MashaAllah! (Sp?)

this from someone who's asking about getting her melons squeezed on ot. :rolleyes:

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline
No, no, no it doesn't mean other monotheistic faiths are insignificant. In fact they are VERY significant.

the belief that everyone is born a muslim belittles all other religions IMO.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

We use the term "revert" because we believe that everyone is born Muslim and it's our families that change us. So we're not converting to a new religion we're reverting back to our original religion. Does that make sense?

i suppose that one works, although it does relegate all other religions to being insignificant.

actually, does it help to know that islam means "submission to the will of god"

when a person is born, they are submitting to the will of god because it is in gods hands as to what happens to them...hence islam starting at birth

Interview-December 2005

lovingmemory.jpgInlovingmemory-2.gifmybabygirl-1-1.jpghenna_rose.jpg37320lovesaved-1.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

this from someone who's asking about getting her melons squeezed on ot. :rolleyes:

We were discussing grocery stores. Get your mind out of the gutter! :rolleyes::lol:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

when a person is born, they are submitting to the will of god because it is in gods hands as to what happens to them...hence islam starting at birth

:thumbs: good one... :yes:

btw, should we get :ot2:

Edited by noura

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Timeline

ok. is that also pretty much not the same with christianity? i can see the logic in the statement of that when one is born their life is in the hands of god - but i think it's arrogant to proclaim everyone a muslim when born. it dismisses all other faiths.

We were discussing grocery stores. Get your mind out of the gutter! :rolleyes::lol:

do you deny talking about getting your melons squeezed or not? :P

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Mabrook to the new sisters!

Ok...I hope no one takes this the wrong way but I gotta comment...ok here goes...

I know Amal has been married to husband for awhile and has been exposed to Muslims and I'm assuming has learned a lot from her husband. Doodle on the other hand doesn't have a lot of exposure to Islam so I'm concerned about the intentions of the reversion. Islam is a religion AND a lifestyle. Not something to be taken lightly and done out of convenience. This is a life long commitment. I'm not trying to say that Doodle is not serious about Islam, please don't get me wrong. I just want to remind not only her but everyone considering a reversion that this isn't something to be rushed into and taken lightly. This is not something you do to make a man or anyone else happy. This is something you do for Allah. Again..I in NO way am trying to offend or hurt anyone by what I'm saying.

Ok you ladies are confusing me here...can we start using the word "revert" :wacko:

Thank you for your concern but I don't think that my reversion is any less or more than someone who has studied furiously about it for years. I have been studying Islam for about 3 months now and Rhama has taught me a lot. I met with a sister here in Boston at lunch this past weekend and told her my concerns (basically that I won't be able to be "perfect" i.e. memorize the prayers, immediately cover my head, etc.) and something she said to me rang home........"your time could come tonight. You don't have to be perfect to be a muslim."

I had resolved my theological doubts, i.e. Jesus not being God, yet a prophet, etc. about a month ago after a LOT of reading and talking to people.

Anyway I am proud to be a muslimah and I am steadfast in my resolve to learn more and more each day but I know that saying my prayers each day gives me strength to grow to be better and better at it every single day.

My one stumbling block is covering my head but insha Allah I will get over that in due time. Babysteps is what I am doing now with the help of some wonderful people.

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

ok. is that also pretty much not the same with christianity? i can see the logic in the statement of that when one is born their life is in the hands of god - but i think it's arrogant to proclaim everyone a muslim when born. it dismisses all other faiths.

well..no, in christianity , it just means you follow the teachings of Jesus and you are considered Christian after you are baptised. you are not "technically" Christian at birth. It's not dismissing other faiths because the technical term "islam" means "submission of the will of god" and that is how we all come into this world, under the definition of Islam.

I don't think I can explain that any better... :)

Interview-December 2005

Timeline

well..no, in christianity , it just means you follow the teachings of Jesus and you are considered Christian after you are baptised. you are not "technically" Christian at birth. It's not dismissing other faiths because the technical term "islam" means "submission of the will of god" and that is how we all come into this world, under the definition of Islam.

I don't think I can explain that any better... :)

i've never been baptized and yet i consider myself christian more than any other faith.

on one hand you state one is not following christianity until they are baptized. on the other, one is a muslim at birth with no ceremony mentioned so far. how would you feel if some faith decided to make it their church doctrine that upon conception you are hindu? or christian? or even a druid? would you not feel that your religion is marginalized/ignored/downplayed by that doctrine?

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

how would you feel if some faith decided to make it their church doctrine that upon conception you are hindu? or christian? or even a druid? would you not feel that your religion is marginalized/ignored/downplayed by that doctrine?

I would first have to care what other faiths teach :star:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.