141 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

hello vj'ers.. I just had my interview t0day. And the consul said i'm ok. But there's an rfe i need to submit which is the income tax return of my fiance. He has the document but didn't sent me along with the other documents needed from him coz he said he read it on website that the income tax return is not needed already if you have the letter from the company his working on. They want me to give them his 2009 income tax and w-2' but he only have the income tax. He doesn't do w-2 coz he's not self employed. He's a partner(lawyer) on a big law firm in the u.s. Can he just scan and email me his income tax return? Or should it be the original copy coming from him? Hope someone knows what's best to do here. Thanks....

hello vj'ers.. I just had my interview t0day. And the consul said i'm ok. But there's an rfe i need to submit which is the income tax return of my fiance. He has the document but didn't sent me along with the other documents needed from him coz he said he read it on website that the income tax return is not needed already if you have the letter from the company his working on. They want me to give them his 2009 income tax and w-2' but he only have the income tax. He doesn't do w-2 coz he's not self employed. He's a partner(lawyer) on a big law firm in the u.s. Can he just scan and email me his income tax return? Or should it be the original copy coming from him? Hope someone knows what's best to do here. Thanks....

There is no such thing as 'original copy' since that is filed with the IRS when the tax return is filed.

The best thing would be to ask the embassy whether they want a copy in the mail or scanned copy would suffice.

I would think he can just send you a copy of the return he sent to IRS. If he doesn't have the same exact one he sent to IRS, he can reprint and sign/date.

• 1 month later...
Timeline

HI TO ALL WE JUST GOT OUR NOA2 AND I WAS WONDERING

I CURRENTLY MAKING OVER 125% OF THE POVERTY LEVEL

I HAVE BEEN AT SAME JOB FOR 7+ YEAR

I HAVE THE LAST 4 TAX RETURNS

LETTER FROM MY EMPLOYER

BUT MY BANK ACCOUNT IS VARY LOW AT THIS TIME

I HAVE ONLY A FEW THOUSAND IN SAVINGS AND EVEN LESS IN CHECKING

MY QUESTION IS WILL THIS CAUSE A PROBLEM WITH MY FIANCE GETTING APPROVED

THANK FOR ALL YOUR IN PUT.

08-21-10-arrive USA

09-03-10-got married

APPLYING AOS

11-15-10-FILING AOS

11- 23-10- noa1

12-09-10-biometric

gary and xtine

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

My father is going to cosponsor my fiance, so I have him filling out an I-134. He is self-employed, so does that mean the only evidence he must submit is a copy of his last tax return? Does he need to submit a statement from his bank as well? Thank you for your assistance in advance. :D

05 July 05 - Met in New Orleans, Louisiana

03 Jun 10 - I-129F sent

09 Jun 10 - NOA1 received

17 Jun 10 - Touched

19 July 10 - NOA2

02 Aug 10 - Received Packet 3

17 Oct 10 - Received Packet 4

02 Nov 10 - Interview *APPROVED*

11 Nov 10 - Visa Received

14 Dec 10 - POE LAX then onto New Orleans

14 Feb 11 - Married

05 May 11 - AOS RFE

• 4 weeks later...
Timeline

I am confused. I see many replies on this thread that refer to the I-134 as meeting 125%. I had read and/or heard that for the I-134, you only need 100% not 125%. For just the I-864, you need 125%. Is that true?

Also, how do assets affect the I-134? Meaning if your income is low, how do assests make up for that? Is there a formula?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: France
Timeline
He is self-employed, so does that mean the only evidence he must submit is a copy of his last tax return? Does he need to submit a statement from his bank as well?

Same question with evidence needed for self employed people. As far as we understand the instruction pdf, it seems that only a copy of the last tax return is required

• 5 weeks later...

Quick question, I am currently trying to figure out what my fiance will need to send me for the I-134. He makes well over the required amount and has a letter from his employer stating his position, start date and current salary. He will also provide the bank stubs of the last six months or so.

Will this be enough evidence or should he ask for a letter from his bank? The only part of that that concerns me is that he does not have a large balance right now, or much savings, since he just purchased a home for us to live in. Will this be an issue?

Thanks!

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Affadavit of Support

Instructions for the I-134

Execution of Affadavit

A seperate affidavit must be submitted for each person. You, as the sponsor, must sign the affidavit in your full, true and correct name. You are signing this form under penalty of perjury under U.S. law.

Hello Everyone,

I am confused with the Instructions of I 134. In Execution of Affidavit, it stated there: "Form I 134 must be signed in your full name."

What does it mean? Sponsor should signed it with her full name? or full signature? What my fiancee did is, she signed it with her full name using a long hand stroke. (This is not her full signature used in all legal documents.)

Hope somebody can enlighten me with this. Thank you.

"Live Simply, Love Generously, Care Deeply, Speak Kindly"

• 1 month later...

I am on Social Security Disability due to a severe back injury. When I first sent in the petition I was worried about the I -134 and my ability to be a sponsor by myself. I could not find much information about this on Visa Journey or anywhere else. For those that are on SS Disability it can be used for basis of support for the I-134 affidavit of Support, if it is above the required amount set by the poverty guidelines. My son also gets benefits from social security because he is a minor living in my household, I was able to include this income also. Also I get child support which is court ordered with a withholding order signed by a judge. The money is taken by my ex's employer and payed to me. I was able to use this also. Ok, for the interview I used the original benefit award statements for mine and my son's benefits. I also used the new benefit statements we received in January 2006. I dont have to pay income tax on these benefits so I did not have tax returns. I emailed the embassy about this and they said to write a statement that explains why I do not have to file income tax. I wrote the statement and quoted some information from the Soc. Sec. website that explains why I do not have to file. I included a copy of the withholding order for child support. I had my bank letter with my deposits for one year. I included the last 12 bank statements that showed my benefits direct deposited into my account. It was all accepted by the embassy and we got our visa without a co-sponsor.

Meriem (F)

Ohhhhh Meriem! You are my angel! I am currently waiting for NOA2 and my case is exactly the same as you! I just hope that they will approve mine as well. :star:

"The key to everything is patience. You get the chicken by hatching the egg, not by smashing it."

06/20/2009 - Met online ( I am from Philippines and he's from Wisconsin)

04/26/2010 - Met in Philippines (for 2 weeks)

05/08/2010 - Officially engaged!! ( He sent the engagement ring 09/24/2010 and he proposed to me on bended knee in Philippines with the second part of engagement ring) *melting*

06/18/2010 - I-129F package Sent

06/21/2010 - NOA1

06/24/2010 - Touched

09/23/2010 - Touched (when I contacted the Congressman's office)

11/15/2010 - Touched (hopefully the approval)

11/17/2010 - NOA2 (Received hard copy 11/22/2010)

12/01/2010 - Received a letter from DOS dated 11/29/2010 stating that the petition will be forwared to USE AD within a week and that I will received the packets very soon from embassy.

01/18/2011 - Interview. APPROVED!!! No words can express how happy i am.

01/25/2011 - VISA in hand! YAY!!!

02/20/2011 - POE Chicago (O'hare)

05/14/2011 - Our Wedding day

• 2 months later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone,

my co sponsor was born in canada but he gave up his citizenship and he's been a us citizen for over 30 years or more. Is it enough with a copy of his passport as proof of citizenship or do i need to present some other paperwork??

thank you!!

• 1 month later...
Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I need help on how to file I-134.

I have two jobs, so I have two sources of income.

On the I-134, there is only one space available to fill in for one job.

Well any of my jobs is above 125% poverty guideline. But I need to put in my total income. I can't just enter one of the income source.

Please help!

Thanks.

K1

06/16/2010 - Sent I-129F

06/22/2010 - NOA1

06/26/2010 - Touch

11/19/2010 - Touch

11/19/2010 - NOA2

11/30/2010 - NVC sent case to HCM consulate

12/10/2010 - P3 received

12/23/2010 - P3 sent

02/15/2011 - P4 received (It was 02/14 in the U.S. -> Valentine day - How nice)

03/11/2011 - Interview - Pink

• 3 weeks later...

Hi everyone,

I need help on how to file I-134.

I have two jobs, so I have two sources of income.

On the I-134, there is only one space available to fill in for one job.

Well any of my jobs is above 125% poverty guideline. But I need to put in my total income. I can't just enter one of the income source.

Please help!

Thanks.

You can write info about both jobs on the one line or attach a seperate sheet - then put the total (combined) income where it asks.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/295226-form-differences-process-after-visa/page__p__4472673#entry4472673

• 3 weeks later...

I'm preparing for my interview and I just want to clarify that if I have a copy of my fiance's W2s and 1040 for the last three years... I don't need to get transcripts from the IRS, correct?

I'm preparing for my interview and I just want to clarify that if I have a copy of my fiance's W2s and 1040 for the last three years... I don't need to get transcripts from the IRS, correct?

This thread is pretty sleepy so I'll chime in if no one else will. Everything I've seen says they're not required, they're just easier to take with you, and they're direct from the IRS so no question that you really filed them. If you don't want to take transcripts, then yes, complete returns including your W-2s and 1040s/1099s should show the same thing - albeit probably in many more pages (my transcripts for 3 years are 6 pages total)

Good luck on your interview :thumbs:

Filed: Country: Australia
Timeline

My son and his finace just completed and sent their I-129F. My question is regarding completing the I-34 as a Co-sponsor. I have seen the example on the forums of the I-34 and read everything regarding it but being a co-sponsor I don't assume that I complete the I-34 the exact same way as my son. Does anyone know where I can find an example of an I-34 completed by a co-sponsor? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

And a side note; this site is an awesome resource and greatly appreciated.

Thanks

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.