rjclarke

Medical Exam Questions

7 posts in this topic

Hi guys, So I wanted to ask some questions about the Medical Exam that takes place as part of the visa process.

1) On what grounds can you fail the medical exam? I know they look for signs of disease such as HIV or STDs, But what about normal things, Such as the eye test provided, If you cant read it will they fail you? and make you return after getting glasses? If you were diabetic? If you had unhealthy teeth or a Kidney infection, idk, Normal things that might come up, are they grounds for denial also? If so what can you do?

2) What exactly happens in your physical exam? Ive read different things, some people have had extensive exams, for a man, checking for lumps int he tecticle, checking the foreskin and ####### (prostate?) and other times Ive read they simple check you look healthy and done. I find that a worrying part of the medical exam.

3) And finally, vaccinations, How does the doctor work out whats best for you to recieve? If youve had all your necessary vaccinations and dont have a record, can the doctor not just cash in and say you need a booster for this this and this? and even do so if you do have the record? Ive heard that your blood is checked to see what vaccinations youve had, is this true? and then the doctor wont suggest boosters?

I have just had my Medical they do offer you injections for the things you might need however you have to pay addtional; so it is cheaper to use your GP and send it to them after. They check everything for Women I am not sure about Men, I believe it is a routine check and if you are diabetic or have high Blood Pressure once this is being treated that should not be a problem I am currently completing the other boosters etc then the Medical will be completed. Hope this helps it is not that bad at all if you are fairly healthy then you will be fine. :D

Edited by Patricklove

Patricklove !!

Patricklove timeline........

K1 Journey [/u]

K 1 Visa Sent application.....July 27 2010 Approved December 9th 2010

Packet 3 recieved .....January 4 2011 Visa Qualified....... 17 March 2011

Medical ........24 March 2011 Paid MRV...... 30 March 2011

Packet 4 recieved.....13 May 2011

Interview....Approved 20 June 2011

Visa in hand......27 June 2011

Arrival in USA ....3 July 2011

AOS Journey [/u]

SSN Card Application 15 July 2011

SSN recieved 23 July 2011

Application for Marriage Licence 15 August 2011

Licence Recieved 19 August 2011

Officially Married 26 August 2011

Civil Surgeon updated 30 August 2011

Driving Licence for MI September 2011

AOS/EAD/AP forms in mail 21 September 2011

AP & EAD approved December 2011 AOS approved January 25th 2012

The vaccination list is on the Embassy's website. If you believe you have received a vaccination but have neither a record of it nor a blood titre showing immunity then you will have to either pay to get re-vaccinated at the medical or send in evidence of vaccination/immunity after the medical. They don't try to cash in on it or anything. With chickenpox they just take your word that you've had it before, but otherwise you need it clearly shown on your vaccination record.

My experience of the medical exam in the UK was that it was straightforward and almost perfunctory at times. Read the letters, they flash a light briefly in your throat, and the *physical* exam was just as brief: very brief glimpse to check I was the gender I claimed. That was it. I was worried about it before but it really was nothing to get worried about.

There aren't many ways to fail the medical. (Drugs. I think Obama made it so HIV is ok for spouses or something?) Sometimes if you have some kind of medical condition they will want to see additional information, maybe from your doctor, basically showing that you have it under control.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moving to Embassy/Consulate forum...

Medical inadmissibility grounds covered here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/frvi/ineligibilities/ineligibilities_1364.html#1

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Hi guys, So I wanted to ask some questions about the Medical Exam that takes place as part of the visa process.

1) On what grounds can you fail the medical exam? I know they look for signs of disease such as HIV or STDs, But what about normal things, Such as the eye test provided, If you cant read it will they fail you? and make you return after getting glasses? If you were diabetic? If you had unhealthy teeth or a Kidney infection, idk, Normal things that might come up, are they grounds for denial also? If so what can you do?

2) What exactly happens in your physical exam? Ive read different things, some people have had extensive exams, for a man, checking for lumps int he tecticle, checking the foreskin and ####### (prostate?) and other times Ive read they simple check you look healthy and done. I find that a worrying part of the medical exam.

3) And finally, vaccinations, How does the doctor work out whats best for you to recieve? If youve had all your necessary vaccinations and dont have a record, can the doctor not just cash in and say you need a booster for this this and this? and even do so if you do have the record? Ive heard that your blood is checked to see what vaccinations youve had, is this true? and then the doctor wont suggest boosters?

Go here http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/8321-london-medical-knightsbridge-doctors/page__st__540 for the London medical reviews

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

What about the thing I asked about failing, For example if it turns out you need glasses, etc, will you fail your exam?

Short sightedness is not a reason for denial. They are looking to make sure you have no communicable diseases that would be a danger to the general public of America. They used to, but no longer look for HIV in the blood test.

If you are taking medication on a regular basis for anything, then take a note from your doctor explaining things. If you have ever been diagnosed with depression, also get a note. Any pre-existing conditions, take a note from your doctor explaining exactly what they are and how you are being treated for it.

ROC Timeline

4-26-13------Eligible to file for ROC

6-17-13------Sent off I-751 Package

6-19-13------VSC Received our package. Signed for by K. Fitzgerald

6-24-13------Received NOA in the mail, dated 6-20-13

6-24-13------Check Cashed

7-05-13------Received Biometrics Appointment letter in the mail for 7-18-13

7-18-13------Biometrics done

8-20-13------Case Transferred to CSC for further processing

8-24-13------Transfer notice arrived in the mail today

10-21-13----ROC Approved!

10-25-13----Received approval letter in the mail

10-28-13----Production of 10 Yr Green Card ordered

11-01-13----Card has been mailed!....Received USPS tracking number

11-04-13----10yr Green Card arrived in the mail today....Yay!!

2gsxvmz.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.