Colin&Lori

Language Barrier

26 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

I never said that I think people with handicaps should not be getting a visa. I think they should be treated like anybody else, since there is no reason for them to not get one. The issue was about people that are not handicapped and not willing to open up to a different society.

I wise man reads before he posts...

And making references to the Nazi regime to someone from Austria is more than insensitive. It's not my fault that this madness happened in my country, but you obviously just see what you want to see and make really insulting comments here...

No insult intended. I was looking at the OP post and anwsered honestly as a member

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY
3/27/2007....We first met on myspace
1/30/10 ......My Honey proposed
8/15/10 ......He visit Philippines(2wks) & met my family
12/17/10 ....USCIS received the Filed I-129F for K1-visa
12/21/10 ....Received hard copy,NOA1
5/25/11.......Received RFE
6/09/11.......NOA2 approved
12/07/11.....Visa fee paid at BPI

6/11/13.......2nd visa fee payment
7/10-11/13.. Medical Exam completed@St.Lukes Clinic
1/15-16/14.. 2nd Medical exam updated
1/21/14...... k1 interview-Visa Approved
8/29/14...... Submitted AOS application
10/03/14.....Biometrics
01/07/15.....Received my EAD card

01/31/15..... I got my SSN from the mail

04/20/15......AOS Interview - Approved :star:

4/24/15 .......Got the Driving Permit Card

4/30/15 .......Green Card Received :) (Exp.4/20/17)

http://youtu.be/BVf45EcdFwQ

Timeline

Nice pictures Redsnap. You look like a great Couple... We all has stress from this and VJ allows us to talk about serious conversations. I just Did'nt agree that a person going through the same process as ourselves decided to start something that is none of their business to begin with. Thats how I feel. It was a Uncalled for Post.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Although I speak English quite fluently I still think I am a different person when I speak German. That's kind of funny when I think about it, it's true, but the non native speaker is the person my husband fell in love with. There are things I just can't express or say and there is also a different kind of humor in the English language- not everything can be translated into another language.

That's exactly the way I feel too :) The only difference is that my first language is Russian.

I speak English, my wife speaks American.

It's a struggle, I tell you. :whistle:

:rofl: They tried to teach me how to speak RP in the university... but my English was ruined during my first trip to the US :lol:

Now they dont care unless I mix up British English and American English :)

Anyway... I'm pretty sure that me and my fiance would not be able to stay in a relationship if I didn't speak English. There are some cultural differences etc. and the only way to overcome all that is communication. Also, it's a lot easier to get to know somebody when you can speak common language (a lot easier!). Plus I'm one of those people, who thinks that if you're moving to a different country, you should be able to speak the official language of that country (if there is more than one, well, it's good to learn at least one) and respect that country's traditions.

Edited by ONA

Вiрити нiкому не можна. Hавiть собi. Менi - можна ©

I have read quite a few times about people getting together and having a massive Language Barrier e.g either one or both not knowing each other's Language or very poorly.

but I have always thought that one of the main points of a relationship being successful was communication....yeah there may have fallen in love but how can you truly love/get to know a person if you can't communicate with said person or communicate on a very basic level?

now this is me going O/T (slightly) from want I was saying before but wouldn't it make sense to a degree they introduced a requirement to speak, read and write English? (more so based on becoming a public liability and the ability to get a job)

I mean isn't it only out of respect to learn the country you are going to, to have the ability to speak they native tongue?

I mean if I was going to France to live I would take it upon myself to learn their language to the point where I can speak, read and write to an appropriate and understandable degree.

So much to say about all of this - and so many examples I have personally seen - but plainly - if something happened where I needed to move to Egypt - I would be in the opposite situation, so I try not to be too judgey-wudgey about such situations.

Edited by LaL

Sometimes I wish my wife didn't speak English.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Timeline

Sometimes I wish my wife didn't speak English.

Hhahahhahhahaa! Yeah. We got to find the Humor sometimes.

TIM/MAV K1-JOURNEY

10/03/14.....Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
Nice pictures Redsnap. You look like a great Couple... We all has stress from this and VJ allows us to talk about serious conversations. I just Did'nt agree that a person going through the same process as ourselves decided to start something that is none of their business to begin with. Thats how I feel. It was a Uncalled for Post.

It's called freedom of speech and my own personal opinion was not uncalled for whatsoever....

and when was I discriminating against people with disabilities? seems you are quick to defend and eager to pick a fight and take it upon yourself as if it was a personally attack directed at you personally...

to be honest if I was in the same boat I would at least learn the language before even thinking about going over but hey that's just me, am just quite lucky am not in that boat...

am not discriminating anyone...the people with the language barrier have a CHANCE to learn the language...unfortunately the people with the disabilities you mentioned (which I have no idea how you managed to compare them both, have been born with this condition/or later in life got in which there can't reverse)

Met online Jan 2009

Met in person 10th Sept 2010 (2 weeks)

2nd meeting 11th Feb 2011 (3 weeks)

Service Center California

Consulate London

I-129F sent 10/22/2010

I-129F NOA1 10/29/2010

Check Cashed 11/01/2010

I-129F RFE 11/04/2010

I-129F NOA2 04/06/2011

NVC Received 04/15/2011

NVC left 04/18/2011

Consulate rec 04/28/2011

Packet 3 rec 5/04/2011

Packet 3 sent 05/04/2011

Packet 4 rec 05/27/2011

Interview date 06/27/2011

Interview result APPROVED

Visa rec

POE

Marriage

Creo que lahat dapat hablar english. Mahal kita pero mi pantalones estan llenos. di ba?

ching chong ?

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

cheech and chong

I was close.

sigbet.jpg