Don and Grace

Information on flying here requested.

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi

So interview is done and approved woohoo!!!

So now we need to set up the flight so i can bring my fiancee home. Is purchasing a one-way ticket ok to do?

Can anyone assist on where to purchase the ticket?

What im finding is around 900usd for one way and the round trip ticket is about 970. That seems excessive that they are so close in price. That is with delta. I havent found anything cheaper than around 900. Trip adviser is 883 and that is the lowest i have found so far. Does anyone know a good travel agent in Oregon?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Yes one way ticket is fine.

Orbitz.com is the site I always go to book my tickets. You can compare price there. Good luck!

Our AOS Journey started:

Nov 06, 2010: CS & CQ got married in Las Vegas

Nov 26, 2010: AOS-EAD-AP package sent out

Nov 29, 2010: Package delivered at 1:12pm

Dec 10, 2010: Received text messages from USCIS regarding receipt numbers for AOS, EAD, and AP

Dec 14, 2010: Received three I-797C from mail

Dec 18, 2010: Touched

Jan 05, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (email)

Jan 10, 2011: Received RFE for I-485 (hardcopy)

Jan 11, 2011: Sent response to RFE for I-485 (Fedex/UPS do not deliver to PO Box. Only USPS does and it takes 2 days even for Express Post)

Jan 13, 2011: Response to RFE delivered

Jan 14, 2011: Touched

Jan 15, 2011: Touched

Jan 18, 2011: Received Biometric Appointment letter in mail

Jan 21, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Walk-in Successful)

Feb 10, 2011: Biometric Appointment (Originally Scheduled)

Feb 12, 2011: Received 1st text/email for EAD card in production and AP was APPROVED

Feb 17, 2011: Received 2nd text/email for EAD card in production

Feb 18, 2011: Received 3rd text/email for EAD card has been mailed out

Feb 18, 2011: Received AP!!!! YAY!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received EAD!!!!

Feb 22, 2011: Received letter for 2nd fingerprints :(

Mar 17, 2011: 2nd fingerprints

May 02, 2011: AOS Interview Approved!!!!!!

May 07, 2011: Received "Welcome to America" letter

May 09, 2011: Received Green Card. Yay!!!!!

as1cHvOuM2B0010MDA3MjM5cHN8NDUyOTY1c3xIYXBwaWx5IE1hcnJpZWQ.gif

900 or 800 to Oregon is cheap! If your looking for someone to shop for you what's the date she's going to fly? Travel agent can

add more?:blink:

Edited by sjr09

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Timeline

You want to wait to buy a ticket until she has the visa in her hands. Sometimes they come in a few days and sometimes in a couple weeks.

I like to use Expedia or buying direct from the airline........I think you will find Orbitz wont work for flights originating from philippines. One way will usually be a little cheaper than round trip but not as much as it should be.

Round trip and one way cost almost the same. See if you can put her on korean air from manila, to south korea to the usa, it was a great flight

07-24-2009 Received NOA1
08-05-2009 Touched
10-02-2009 I-797C for Biometrics Appt
10-26-2009 Biometrics Appt. Completed
05-11-2010 Request for Evidence on both the I129F and I130
07-01-2010 Case Transferred to Vermont Service Center
10-20-2011 Contacted Ombudsman
02-07-2012 Case denied after almost 3 years =(
03-07-2012 Appeal Filed!
01-20-2013 Contacted Ombudsman again...

06-25-2013 EOIR Appeal Review

Visit my blog at http://goo.gl/ON4wG/

atckcgod5n.png

According to the latest update from USCIS

Non-Immigrant Visa holders need a to be seated in First Class and have a Round Trip Ticket............................NOT

youregonnalovemynutsf.jpg

"He always start the fire here in VJ thread and I believe all people will agree with me about it"

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

check out cheapoair for pricing.... also check out philippine airlines... direct from Manila to San Francisco for a very reasonable price. also remember to give time at port of entry. Make sure to have a good layover. I am going to be flying with my fiance when she enters the country.... just me and the way I feel. The first time she will fly is when we go to the manila embassy.

K-1 Visa Timeline:

02/11/2011 - Engaged at her house by her Godmother.

02/18/2011 - Engagement party with relatives - propose in Visayan.

02/24/2011 - K-1 packet sent.

09/18/2011 - POE, Viva Las Vegas, Baby !!!!! Home to Phoenix.

12/10/2011 - Official Wedding

07/05/2012 - Princess Rose born.

07/07/2012 - AP/EAD received.

07/17/2012 - AOS passed. (Birthday for Mama Rayos)

event.png

event.png

event.png

Timeline

Looking around I noticed that most airlines are making this reqirement:

The person named on the credit card used to purchase flights to and from the Philippines must be one of the passengers traveling in the booking.

The traveler's name must match the name on the Credit Card used to purchase the ticket(s). At check-in, the credit card must be shown to the agent to receive boarding passes.

I called Hawaiian airlines and was told by an agent that the only way to get around this was to show up at my local airport and purchase the ticket from the airlne ticket counter.

Any thoughts on the info they gave? It's something you might want to look into.

Edited by nutty123

Timeline

well to give visa time to arrive to her, was thinking 2 weeks out from today, so that would place it at the end of april or first week of may. Yes it seems a bit much to me to have a one way ticket only 50 60usd cheaper than a round trip. Last year in Jan tickets were going for around 700 roundtrip from here. But for delta now its 912 for one way.

I was also worried about her being able to pick up the ticket at the airport. If i have to i can purchase the ticket here, right at the ticket counter if that helps.

Edited by Don and Grace

Filed: Timeline

I go directly to the airline's website and by the ticket there. Check several dates and flights, as the price goes us as the seats are sold. Some days of the week are cheaper than others. Most of the time, if you purchase a ticket at least two weeks ahead of time, and are flexible, you can get a better deal.

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I called Hawaiian airlines and was told by an agent that the only way to get around this was to show up at my local airport and purchase the ticket from the airlne ticket counter.

The gate agent for Delta told me that you could purchase the ticket online and anytime before the flight show up at any Delta ticket counter and show your id and credit card.

Timeline

Yes one way ticket is fine.

Orbitz.com is the site I always go to book my tickets. You can compare price there. Good luck!

Many people have said different things about this about this subject. I'm a chance taker, so I decided to try it.

On monday I tried leaving from SanFrancisco on a oneway ticket. The man who was checking me in asked if I had a return ticket. I told him I did, even though I didn't. He then asked to see it. I told him I didn't have it with me. He was then kind enough to let me behind the counter and into the back office to either produce evidence of having purchased my ticket or to purchase a ticket. I really don't know the day I'm coming home so I used their computer to go to AirAsia.com and purchased a oneway from CRK to KL, Maylaysia for about $100. It was enough to satisfy his requirement that I have a way out of the Philippines. They did verify that my ticket was legit. This took me almost 30min extra than if I would have had it already. Not a big deal because I had a few hours to kill. If you're tight on time, you may not want to take this chance. I think different airlines may have different policies. This is only my personal experience from 2 days ago.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

My fiancee' visa got approved on April 4th and bought a ticket that day for April 20th....it was $900...any sooner and it was at least $1200....we figured the 20th would be safe, but still are crossing fingers she will have visa in hand...

K1 Visa

Event Date

Service Center : California Service Center

Consulate : Manilla, Philipines

I-129F Sent : 2010-09-10

I-129F NOA1 : 9-14

Touched : 9/17

NOA2 - 9 Feb

Interview 4/4/11 - Passed !

Flight - 4/20/11

The person named on the credit card used to purchase flights to and from the Philippines must be one of the passengers traveling in the booking.

The traveler's name must match the name on the Credit Card used to purchase the ticket(s). At check-in, the credit card must be shown to the agent to receive boarding passes.

First time I've heard that. Last year I booked tickets for both my mother-in-law and stepdaughter. I had no problems. Of course, I booked through another airlines.

A couple months ago, I booked tickets for them...again using my credit info. No problems whatsoever.

I'm guessing that just their (Hawaiian Airlines) requirement. :unsure:

NATURALIZATION
02/15/13 - Mailed N-400
02/19/13 - Received by Phoenix Lockbox (day 01)
02/21/13 - NOA1 issued (day 03)

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS (WIFE)
02/18/12 - Eligible for Removal of Conditions on Residence
03/23/12 - Mailed I-751 to CSC
03/26/12 - Received by CSC (day 01)
03/31/12 - Received NOA1 (day 06)
05/02/12 - Biometrics done (day 38)
10/23/12 - Received approval email (day 212)
11/01/12 - Received green card (day 221)

IR-2 (STEPDAUGHTER)
06/01/10 - Mailed I-130 petition
06/03/10 - Package delivered to USCIS (day 01)
06/08/10 - NOA1 issued (day 06)
11/03/10 - Received approval email (day 154)
11/08/10 - Received approval notice in mail (day 159)

NATIONAL VISA CENTER (STEPDAUGHTER)
11/08/10 - NVC received case from USCIS
11/09/10 - NVC case # & IIN generated, email addresses given, DS-3032 sent via email & USPS (day 01)
11/16/10 - Received and paid AOS bill (day 08)
11/17/10 - AOS bill marked as PAID; AOS packet express mailed (day 09)
11/19/10 - Received and paid IV bill; DS-3032 accepted (day 11)
11/22/10 - IV bill marked as PAID; IV packet express mailed (day 14)
12/03/10 - Sign-in failed (day 25)
12/09/10 - INTERVIEW SCHEDULED FOR JANUARY 10, 2011 @ 6:45AM
12/28/10 - Medical exam done at SLEC Manila - PASSED! (day 40)
01/10/11 - Interview at USEM Manila - APPROVED! (day 53)
01/21/11 - Stepdaughter received passport with IR-2 visa! (day 64)

First time I've heard that. Last year I booked tickets for both my mother-in-law and stepdaughter. I had no problems. Of course, I booked through another airlines.

A couple months ago, I booked tickets for them...again using my credit info. No problems whatsoever.

I'm guessing that just their (Hawaiian Airlines) requirement. :unsure:

PAL has the CC requirements

Important Notice

To avoid fraudulent transactions and to protect credit card owners, PAL reserves the right to require that the credit card used in purchasing the ticket(s) online be presented at the ticket collection point, upon check-in or in cases of reissuance, rebooking or refund of a ticket.If the credit card owner is not part of the travelling party and is unable to present the credit card used, PAL also reserves the right to require the presentation of clear photocopies of the front of the credit card and the valid PHOTO ID of the credit card owner at the ticket collection point, upon check-in and in cases of reissuance, rebooking and/or refund. It shall be the responsibility of the credit card owner to ensure that the passenger(s) comply with the requirement.

PAL reserves the right to deny boarding to passenger(s) or refuse to reissue, revalidate, rebook or refund a ticket for failure to comply with foregoing requirements.

'PAU' both wife and daughter in the U.S. 08/25/2009

Daughter's' CRBA Manila Embassy 08/07/2008 dual citizenship

http://crbausembassy....wordpress.com/

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.