Messybrownhair

AOS April 2011 filers!!!!!!

691 posts in this topic

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Philippines
Timeline

USCIS received my packet on Monday 4/18. NOA1 text/email today! That was fast! :)

yay!congrats!:dance: Did u use USPS or Fedex?I hope mine is next.:blush:

♥Timeline♥

AOS

03-11-2011: mailed AOS packet

03-14-2011: AOS packet received

04-16-11:USCIS lost our I485 forms thus received EAD rejection notice

04-18-11: mailed AOS packet AGAIN

04-19-11:AOS packet received by S. Bush

04-29-11: NOA1 hardcopies for I485 and I765 received :)

05-12-11:Successful walk in biometrics

05-25-11:email notification received stating interview on 6/24

05-27-11:hardcopy for interview received

06-24-11:done with interview.no approval yet

06-25-11: received EAD card

06-29-11:email received AOS approved and green card is on its way! yay! :)

96050467.png

heart_emo.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Slovenia
Timeline

Chaz, I used USPS Priority. They cashed my check today (they sure don't waste time getting their money lol)! My case already shows on USCIS website when I enter my case numbers! :D

Edited by missicy

My Immigration Journey:

K1: June 2010 - December 2010

AOS: April 2011 - June 2011

ROC: April 2013 - August 2013

Naturalization: March 2014 - August 2014

Can I just say the wait is really frustrating!!! I hope we all get everything soon!!!

My Journey:

We met through a study-abroad program in Shanghai, China in August of 2009

We got engaged March of 2010

I received my K1 VISA in 6 months (June-December 2010)

We were married 04/02/2011
I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

Our son was born 02/03/2013

I received my masters degree in Speech-Language Pathology 04/17/2013

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

My husband returned from deployment 06/20/2013

My naturalization journey took 4 months (April-August 2014)

I became a US citizen on 08/01/2014

Received passport in 3 weeks (regular processing)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

Can I just say the wait is really frustrating!!! I hope we all get everything soon!!!

It is a little easier than waiting for the visa because we are together with our husbands/wives, but I know what you mean. I like your blog, by the way! Love your wedding pics, you were so pretty! :)

My Immigration Journey:

It is a little easier than waiting for the visa because we are together with our husbands/wives, but I know what you mean. I like your blog, by the way! Love your wedding pics, you were so pretty! :)

Yes it is more bearable but still frustrating nonetheless.. and thanks so much! :)you should be getting your hardcopy soon!!

My Journey:

I received my conditional 2-year greencard (AOS) in 2.5 months with no interview (April-June 2011)

I received my 10-year greencard (ROC) in 3 months with no interview (March-June 2013)

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Germany
Timeline

Got noa1 hardcopy today!!! :)

hi messybrownhair. congratulations to the wedding and good luck on your aos journey. i spent so much time reading your blog because your story reminds me of our relationship and of what i'm going through. i could have written that ;-) you are a very sweet couple. i like the pictures, especially the wedding pictures. everybody can tell you love each other =) we are march filers. i'm going to do a walk in tomorrow to get my biometrics taken and i hope that will speed up the process. good luck to you and everyone here =)

hi messybrownhair. congratulations to the wedding and good luck on your aos journey. i spent so much time reading your blog because your story reminds me of our relationship and of what i'm going through. i could have written that ;-) you are a very sweet couple. i like the pictures, especially the wedding pictures. everybody can tell you love each other =) we are march filers. i'm going to do a walk in tomorrow to get my biometrics taken and i hope that will speed up the process. good luck to you and everyone here =)

WOW thank you, you are so sweet! Goodluck on the biometrics walk-in! Are you a military wife too? I know that we are all going through the same thing and it sucks but it does feel good to know that I am not alone. :)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

YES i'm a military wife... finally =) so i know exactly what you are talking about =) it's not always that easy - especially when you are away from your family and when you're married to a guy who is in the army there are some challenges we have to face... but it's worth it. i'm the happiest person on earth - just like you i guess =)

YES i'm a military wife... finally =) so i know exactly what you are talking about =) it's not always that easy - especially when you are away from your family and when you're married to a guy who is in the army there are some challenges we have to face... but it's worth it. i'm the happiest person on earth - just like you i guess =)

agreed.. but i just cant wait for all this to end though :) honestly i think this is all too much for me! but you're right, just today he asked me if I was happy, and I really am. This is all just so perfect (L)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

agreed.. but i just cant wait for all this to end though :) honestly i think this is all too much for me! but you're right, just today he asked me if I was happy, and I really am. This is all just so perfect (L)

i know... this is taking too long... we've been doing this paperwork since may 2010 at first for the k1 and now we're waiting to get the aos done. one day... i'll keep you posted. oh by the way... are you one of the crazy vj members that checks the uscis.gov status ten million times a day just like i do? :whistle: i can't help it. :dance:

i know... this is taking too long... we've been doing this paperwork since may 2010 at first for the k1 and now we're waiting to get the aos done. one day... i'll keep you posted. oh by the way... are you one of the crazy vj members that checks the uscis.gov status ten million times a day just like i do? :whistle: i can't help it. :dance:

Yup! Haven't had a touch since 4/9/2011.. sigh.. what else do i have to do besides go online? we can't work lol.. tim's out working all day, sometimes night.. *sigh* oh and i cant believe we even started on the paperwork at the same time! we started preparing may of last year and filed june :)

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

Yup! Haven't had a touch since 4/9/2011.. sigh.. what else do i have to do besides go online? we can't work lol.. tim's out working all day, sometimes night.. *sigh* oh and i cant believe we even started on the paperwork at the same time! we started preparing may of last year and filed june :)

yea we definately have some things in common :D lewis was stationed in germany and he had to go back to the states last year in march. so we had to go through that long distance relationship thing. i visited him in may for 2 weeks and we prepared all the paperwork. he visited me in germany in october because we didnt know how long it was going to take to get the visa and i finally moved to the states in dec. now that we are finally together we often talk about that time and ask each other: how did we do that? :yes: (touched 04/18/2011)

yea we definately have some things in common :D lewis was stationed in germany and he had to go back to the states last year in march. so we had to go through that long distance relationship thing. i visited him in may for 2 weeks and we prepared all the paperwork. he visited me in germany in october because we didnt know how long it was going to take to get the visa and i finally moved to the states in dec. now that we are finally together we often talk about that time and ask each other: how did we do that? :yes: (touched 04/18/2011)

I hope he doesn't need to deploy soon! I'm still hoping Tim's gets cancelled.. although he actually wants to go!

My Journey:

Thank you, VJ! smile.png

Timeline

I hope he doesn't need to deploy soon! I'm still hoping Tim's gets cancelled.. although he actually wants to go!

Deployments suck! My husband is ex Army so I know how it is. I can honestly say that I'm happy that he is out of the military (although it isn't that bad beside deployments).

My Immigration Journey:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.