cinco8

USCIS hung up on me twice today!

23 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Hey Cinco, I'm sorry for this long wait you both are experiencing. I'm not understanding the 11 day call back thing at all. Wish you both good luck and hope to hear good news from you soon!

Mari

Mari,

I wish I knew what 11 days meant. I am even more curious because when I pressed here about "11 days" that is when she hung up on me. Congrats with your progress though. It is good to see someone from Turkey has had success with this process! My fiancee has dealt with the interview process before....we are not worried about this. What worries us is we will be at 200 days this Friday since we received our NOA1.

BTW....we are at the Vermont Service Center...I saw someone asked.

Engaged May 2010

Submitted 129F Sept. 2010

Received NOA1 - Sept. 23, 2010

Touched - Oct. 3, 2010

Service Request - March 24, 2010

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

And what service center are you at? You have Texas listed, but Texas doesn't process I-129F petitions. Vermont, right?

Vermont or California all depends on your location .. There's a list on VJ some where

“Nobody can go back and start a new beginning, but anyone can start today and make a new ending.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

Mari,

I wish I knew what 11 days meant. I am even more curious because when I pressed here about "11 days" that is when she hung up on me. Congrats with your progress though. It is good to see someone from Turkey has had success with this process! My fiancee has dealt with the interview process before....we are not worried about this. What worries us is we will be at 200 days this Friday since we received our NOA1.

BTW....we are at the Vermont Service Center...I saw someone asked.

Cinco,

It wasn't us who was approved, it was "S&M forever" ........ that's Selvi & Mark. If you go to the Turk Kahvesi Cafe (put that in your VJ Search) you'll meet all of us AmeriTurks!! Would love to see your post there soon.

Mari

sparkling-usa-flag.gifMarivalentine60.gifKadir Turkey%20flag-L-anim.gif

I called USCIS today and got hung up on twice. The first one I think may have been a mistake...he was in mid-sentance. But the 2nd time the lady said, "I can't discuss this futher"...click. #######!!!!

She did tell me that the on-line tracking tool for the USCIS is broken. It has not worked or been updated for months. That makes since because my last "touch" was October 3rd.

I called today (and will call everyday until we get our NOA2) and my tier 2 person sucked. Last week I requested and got a service request. Well the lady today said that person whom created the service request for us did so prematurely. That we were still in the normal processing times. I asked what that time frame was and got the standard 5 months. I explained that 5 months has long passed (we filed 9/23/10). She just said that service request is in but that no one will pay attention to it. Again....#######....what is it for then damn it?! I was told to call back in 11 days. Again..again...#######?! I asked why 11 days? That is an odd number and that would be a Saturday. So she just said, "Oh...I guess it is...then call the newt business day." This is proof she just pulled that number out of the air. I asked why 11....what happens in 11 days. That's when I got the hang up. I mean....this IS MY LIFE. Not just some file on her desk. They won't tell me anything...no good news no bad news nothing....just wait more. We are almost at 7 months...how long does it take?

BTW....do not mention the speed of the California Service Center. That just pissed her off more. But facts are facts lady and ya'll aren't cutting the mustard! Think the VSC is hiring? I want a job that I can treat people like garbage, get all holidays off, and not perform my work in the time designated.

If you want to make a difference and channel your energy to a positive note, I would suggest you file a complaint. Whenever you make a call, note the person's name or id number, the date, and the time you've made the call. People on here need to start doing that instead of going here to complaint. Nothing intended here, but that is the only way to make a difference. Also write to your congressmen and senators. Letters are powerful too! Best of luck.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

I called USCIS today and got hung up on twice. The first one I think may have been a mistake...he was in mid-sentance. But the 2nd time the lady said, "I can't discuss this futher"...click. #######!!!!

She did tell me that the on-line tracking tool for the USCIS is broken. It has not worked or been updated for months. That makes since because my last "touch" was October 3rd.

I explained that 5 months has long passed (we filed 9/23/10). She just said that service request is in but that no one will pay attention to it. Again....#######....what is it for then damn it?! I was told to call back in 11 days. Again..again...#######?! I asked why 11 days? That is an odd number and that would be a Saturday. "They won't tell me anything...no good news no bad news nothing....just wait more. We are almost at 7 months...how long does it take?

BTW....do not mention the speed of the California Service Center. That just pissed her off more.

Background on Case Processing

USCIS usually processes cases in the order they are received. For each type of application or petition we have specific workload processing goals. For example, we try to process naturalization cases within 5 months of the date we receive them and immediate relative petitions (for the spouse, parent or minor child of a U.S. citizen) within 6 months of the receipt date. Sometimes the volume of cases we receive is so large that it prevents us from achieving our goals, but we never stop trying.

I get the frustration and venting, but its well documented on this board that VSC is currently approaching the third week in September for these cases. Its been a hot topic on the board for some time now.

I don't understand how being short and terse with an operator is going to speed up the VSC. And it seems that all applications are going slow and there is a large number hitting 6 months or more some close to 7. What would the service request do in this known scenario? Pull your application ahead of someone else who was at 7 months and still waiting?

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

I dont know if this was addressed yet but the online updates on the USCIS website worked for me. My case was updated the exact day I received my NOA2 which was March 30th.

9/13/2010 I-29f sent to Texas

9/23/2010 NOA1

10/3/2010 Touched

3/23/2011 Service request put in

3/30/2011 NOA2 finally!!!!

4/8/2011 Received by NVC

4/13/2011 NVC mailed packet to Guanzhou

5/5/2011 Consulate received packet

5/09/2011 Constulate mailed P3

6/15ish/2011 received P4

7/1/2011 Interview. Approved!!!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

I called today (and will call everyday until we get our NOA2) and my tier 2 person sucked. Last week I requested and got a service request. Well the lady today said that person whom created the service request for us did so prematurely. That we were still in the normal processing times. I asked what that time frame was and got the standard 5 months. I explained that 5 months has long passed (we filed 9/23/10). She just said that service request is in but that no one will pay attention to it. Again....#######....what is it for then damn it?! I was told to call back in 11 days. Again..again...#######?! I asked why 11 days? That is an odd number and that would be a Saturday. So she just said, "Oh...I guess it is...then call the newt business day." This is proof she just pulled that number out of the air. I asked why 11....what happens in 11 days. That's when I got the hang up. I mean....this IS MY LIFE. Not just some file on her desk. They won't tell me anything...no good news no bad news nothing....just wait more. We are almost at 7 months...how long does it take?

BTW....do not mention the speed of the California Service Center. That just pissed her off more. But facts are facts lady and ya'll aren't cutting the mustard! Think the VSC is hiring? I want a job that I can treat people like garbage, get all holidays off, and not perform my work in the time designated.

The ONLY thing that seemed to work for us (we filed only a couple days earlier than you) was to call my Congressman AND my senator. They literally called on my behalf at different times and got back to me the next day max 2 days every time and I know they had everything to do with my case finally being processed. I understand your frustration. Hate to say that even after you get the NOA2 there is more waiting ahead albeit less... I would also file the complaint regarding your experience even if it only helps others to not have to go through what you did. They should be way more sensitive to what we are going through and this whole process should be more transparent. Unfortunately getting mad isn't going to make your case go faster... stay involved, call back, and be persistent with whatever routes you take because in the end - we are the only ones who give a ###### about getting out of the system and into our fiancee's arms.

Met in 2006 in person for the first time!
July 2008 - Relationship is official (3-4 visits per year from 1 week to 2 months at a time)
August 2010 - He proposed! Contemplate living/marrying in Brazil or US
I-129F Sent: 09/12/2010
I-129F NOA1: 10/8/2010 Called to report lack of notice of receipt.
I-129F NOA1 Hard Copy Reissued and received: 10/23/2010 (dated Sept 21st 2010)
Touched: 10/03/2010
Called USCIS: 02/23/10
Called USCIS & Senator's Office for follow-up: 03/3/10
Senator Letter received (verdict = wait 30 days more and call again): 03/07/10
Called USCIS: 03/14/10 (system updated to processing Sept 11th applications)
Called Congressman 03/29/11 - "wait 3 days for a reply..."
I-129F NOA2 E-MAIL & TEXT: 3/30/11
NOA2 Hard Copy: 4/4/11
NVC received: 4/7/11
NVC Sent: 4/14/11
Interview: 6/28/11
AP Processing: Estimate 2 weeks
Package Received: 7/9/11
Confirmation E-mail: 7/11/11
VISA received: 7/7/11

Married: 10/20/11
Filed for AOS/AP/EAD: 12/19/11
Biometrics 1/31/12

AOS Transfer to CSC: 2/15/2012
EAD Approved: 2/16/2012
EAD/AP CARD: 2/24/2012
Called USCIS re: pending AOS so many times lost count
AOS Transfer to Local office: 1/15/2013
Called USCIS & Emailed re: still pending AOS again lost count of how many times
Refiled for EAD/AP 1/18/2012
Received Receipt for EAD refiling for 1/22/2012
AOS Appointment FINALLY scheduled for 3/4/2012

Condition Permanent residency approved and valid through April 2015

Applied to Remove Conditions received 2/18/2015
Oh - What we do for love!...

Vermont or California all depends on your location .. There's a list on VJ some where

Yes, I'm aware of this. I was asking the OP where their petition is being processed. I don't know where the OP is located and I left my Stalker Pants at home, so I can't go look it up. :)

Spoiler

07/20/2011-------I-485 and I-765 Sent
07/26/2011-------NOA1 received via email
08/05/2011-------RFE Notification via email and text
08/11/2011-------RFE Hardcopy in mail
08/12/2011-------RFE Sent back
08/15/2011-------RFE Received at USCIS
08/24/2011-------Biometrics Appointment
09/06/2011-------Notice of Interview! (via text)
09/15/2011-------EAD Approved Notification via text
10/06/2011-------Adjustment of Status Interview - APPROVED!!!

11/08/2011-------Green Card Received!!

07/09/2013-------Lifting Conditions Filed

07/12/2013-------NOA received

10/01/2013-------Approval Date

10/15/2013-------Ten Year Green Card Received! Finally!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.