Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2011

1,108 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

We POE'ed at the Pembina crossing in North Dakota on Wed. It was about an hour to get processed, but no harassment or anything and they knew what they were doing. A long drive from Winnipeg to Texas and the air conditioning broke in the truck on the way back, totally awesome!

Wish everyone else luck, but im gonna enjoy having my wife here for a bit and probably stop following the threads for a bit!

We POE'ed at the Pembina crossing in North Dakota on Wed. It was about an hour to get processed, but no harassment or anything and they knew what they were doing. A long drive from Winnipeg to Texas and the air conditioning broke in the truck on the way back, totally awesome!

Wish everyone else luck, but im gonna enjoy having my wife here for a bit and probably stop following the threads for a bit!

Glad your POE was smooth and no problems! Took me about an hour to get processed when I did my POE as well.

And depending on your route, you passed right by me on your way south ;)

Timeline

We headed straight down I-29, an early stop in Fargo for sleep, lunch in Sioux Falls the next day and then headed for the floods in Omaha. Was not a pleasant drive home, especially once we reached the 100 degree temperature and the air conditioning in the truck went out.

We headed straight down I-29, an early stop in Fargo for sleep, lunch in Sioux Falls the next day and then headed for the floods in Omaha. Was not a pleasant drive home, especially once we reached the 100 degree temperature and the air conditioning in the truck went out.

I live less than 2 hours north of Sioux Falls, off the I-29. A town called Watertown. So you went right by me!

And I can imagine that must have been uncomfortable: really hot and no heat.

Edited by Saylin

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

saylin , hi long time no see, had to get off here, was sending me mad, but today we have recieved a letter stating that all our docs ahve been sent to london embassy, am i supposed to call them or what? and i had no email yet ,just the one letter to the wife saying its all been expedited to london, anyway i can find out?

Carol ..USC

Mace ..UKC

Married 03/2009 in FL

Carol sent off I-130 07/18/2010

NOA / I-797C 07/21/2010 From CA

ESTA Visit (paroled) 08/26/2010

NOA / I-797C (2) 11/03/2010 From TX

Return UK 11/11/2010

Touched 12/08/2010

call TSC 01/04/2011 TOLD TO WAIT 2 WEEKS

Call TSC told to wait 60 days

Touched 02/11/2011

interview nov 5th 2011 denied... i-601

filed i-601 dec 2011

i-601 pending for 6 months

i-601 under review as of june 2012

contacted senator july 25th told to wait 1 month for reply from london embassy

another birthday gone

been in process 812days since the start of this process

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Portugal
Timeline

saylin , hi long time no see, had to get off here, was sending me mad, but today we have recieved a letter stating that all our docs ahve been sent to london embassy, am i supposed to call them or what? and i had no email yet ,just the one letter to the wife saying its all been expedited to london, anyway i can find out?

:o :o Man You still in limbo :bonk::bonk:???? I'm so sorry for you, I hope you'll have the things solved asap>

Good luck>

BTW you knew me as "Taylormadecouple"

09/2009 - Met in Paris, France at work
04-23-2010 Marriage in Madison, Alabama
USCIS
07-19-2010 Filed I-130 - CR1 & CR2 (my daughter)
07-20-2010 Priority date
07-27-2010 NOA1 (California Service Centre)
11-03-2010 Transfer to Texas Service Centre
02-23-2011 NOA2 for my case
03-09-2011 NOA2 for daughter's case
NVC
03-04-2011 Case #
03-17-2011 Daughter's case#
04-21-2011 AOS & Support docs delivered to NVC
04-22-2011 NVC receive
(RFEs : Jan 27, Feb 8, May 4 & 5, all of them nonsense based, our birth certificates are multi-lingual, but they only see it when I call them after receiving the RFE)

05-23-2011 Checklists delivered to NVC (desperately waiting for CC)
06-06-2011 SIF
06-08-2011 CC (both mine & daughter's) + RFE - checklist to bring to interview
06-28-2011 Medical exam - Passed
07-19-2011 Interview in Paris - Passed
07-26-2011 Visa in hand
08/05/2011 POE Atlanta

08/22/2011 SSN Card in hand
08/23/2011 GC in hand Yipeeeeeeeeeeee

Removal of Conditions

07/20/2013 Petitions sent

07/23/2013 NOA

07/29/2013 NOA received

08/03/2013 Biometrics appointment letter received, scheduled 08/20/2013 in Birmingham AL

Did you apply for an expedite? If you did, then it sounds like it was accepted and they sent it to London. I believe if you got it expedited, that you'll now have to contact the London embassy about your interview. You can also call DOS and ask them. Not sure how soon you'll find out of an interview date. Give it a few days though as I'm sure it'll take a bit to get your documents sent from NVC to London. Hope this means you're near the end of your journey!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: England
Timeline

yes applied for expedite , so iuf i call them tomorrow theyt will give me a clue as to when and where , im not just sitting around awaiting a package from london embassy?, i have to book my own interview?

Carol ..USC

Mace ..UKC

Married 03/2009 in FL

Carol sent off I-130 07/18/2010

NOA / I-797C 07/21/2010 From CA

ESTA Visit (paroled) 08/26/2010

NOA / I-797C (2) 11/03/2010 From TX

Return UK 11/11/2010

Touched 12/08/2010

call TSC 01/04/2011 TOLD TO WAIT 2 WEEKS

Call TSC told to wait 60 days

Touched 02/11/2011

interview nov 5th 2011 denied... i-601

filed i-601 dec 2011

i-601 pending for 6 months

i-601 under review as of june 2012

contacted senator july 25th told to wait 1 month for reply from london embassy

another birthday gone

been in process 812days since the start of this process

yes applied for expedite , so iuf i call them tomorrow theyt will give me a clue as to when and where , im not just sitting around awaiting a package from london embassy?, i have to book my own interview?

Well, give it a few days before you call. Since you got expedited, I'm not sure from whom you'll get your interview letter, but I'm guessing the embassy. Most people (that don't get expedited) get their interview letter from NVC, but since your case will be at London, they'll most likely schedule your interview instead of NVC.

And no, you don't schedule, it's the embassy. Very few countries allow the applicant to schedule their own interview.

How long past POE does it take to receive your green card for most people?

Do you get a USCIS notification/text message regarding it?

I got mine in 19 days. Most people get their green card between a month or two, but it can be longer.

You'll get a welcome letter from USCIS with a receipt number in which you can track the green card's progress, just like with the I-130.

My timeline for my green card:

POE: May 12

Welcome letter received by mail: May 21

Card production ordered (text and email) : May 25

Card approved (text and email): May 27

Received green card in mail: May 31

Remember, to get the texts and/or emails, you have to sign up for them, just like with the I-130.

If you want more details, you can go to my blog where I wrote about it :)

Timeline

We have not received our welcome letter yet, so cant register for tracking at all.

Its been a bit longer then it took you Saylin, but every part of yours seemed to go a bit faster then the average it seems.

We are about to move out of our apartment in 2 weeks.

I know I need to update addresses with USCIS. Does this just involve calling the number for USCIS even though I dont have an active case number from welcome letter yet?

Thanks,

We have not received our welcome letter yet, so cant register for tracking at all.

Its been a bit longer then it took you Saylin, but every part of yours seemed to go a bit faster then the average it seems.

We are about to move out of our apartment in 2 weeks.

I know I need to update addresses with USCIS. Does this just involve calling the number for USCIS even though I dont have an active case number from welcome letter yet?

Thanks,

What date did you do POE and where? Some POEs are faster than others on sending the packages to USCIS. Perhaps the one you went through was a little behind. Plus USCIS might be backlogged as well.

For updating the address with USCIS, the petitioner files an I-865 (http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=1ba892623014d010VgnVCM10000048f3d6a1RCRD&vgnextchannel=db029c7755cb9010VgnVCM10000045f3d6a1RCRD) and the beneficiary files the AR-11 online (https://egov.uscis.gov/crisgwi/go?action=coa.Terms). Both have to be filed within 10 days after the move, so don't forget to do this, as it may cause problems later on with ROC.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.