Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2011

1,108 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:dance::dance::dance: finally got our NVC Case Number! after 12 working days, felt like months of waiting.. :D Gave them our emails, got the invoice ID# & beneficiary ID#, thanx for everybody's info ( esp.to our precious Saylin ) :thumbs: Now heading on to the next step... :dance:

Grats!

z4ddbf876e4519.gif

Glitter Text Maker

Event Date

2010-08-06: I-130 Sent

2010-11-02: I-130 Transfered to TSC

2010-08-16: I-130 NOA1

2011-02-08: I-130 RFE

2011-02-21: I-130 RFE Sent

2011-03-01: I-130 Approved

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Hard copy Received

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Sent to NVC

NVC

2011-03-18: NVC Case #

2011-03-19: Sent OPTIN email and DS 261

2011-03-22: AOS fees appears as PAID

2011-03-23: Emailed AOS package

2011-03-28: Paid IV bill

2011-03-28: Sent IV supporting docs

2011-04-04: Resent IV and AOS packages

2011-04-19: Case reviewed, RFE

2011-05-06: SIF!!!

2011-05-09: CC email and confirmation from operator!

2011-05-13: My hubbys's Bday, great gift interview date throu email!!!:)

Med/Interview/POE

2011-05-25: Medical Medisys. Done.

2011-06-27: Interview *APPROVED!!!*

2011-07-13: Passport in hand.

2011-07-30: POE

:dance::dance::dance: finally got our NVC Case Number! after 12 working days, felt like months of waiting.. :D Gave them our emails, got the invoice ID# & beneficiary ID#, thanx for everybody's info ( esp.to our precious Saylin ) :thumbs: Now heading on to the next step... :dance:

Grats on getting the number! Remember, you don't need the beneficiary ID number; that's only for those doing online forms.

I don't know them "all" LOL.... BUT.... Brazil is one of them. Brazil requires this form to be filled out before they will schedule an interview (except expedited cases). Point being.... either the NVC or the applicant must send them the DS-230, civil documents, and the DS-2001 before they will schedule.

Well, I just learned something new today. I had never heard of that form being required before.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

This is what I sent. I don't think the military portion played a part in the decision because they never asked for proof that I was going to deploy. I think some others have used the "financial hardship" and/or USICS error portions... it may work for you too.

Thank you, Erick. This is great information for anyone who is looking to get their case expedited. Our case is now complete and we are just waiting for an interview date. Hopefully we will get that soon!

Oops. I meant May interview date....not June!! I can't wait until June!! :crying:

:thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Grats on getting the number! Remember, you don't need the beneficiary ID number; that's only for those doing online forms.

Well, I just learned something new today. I had never heard of that form being required before.

No worries... I wish they would standardize the process. As it is now, several places seem to do thier own thing... makes it confusing. :wacko:

No worries... I wish they would standardize the process. As it is now, several places seem to do thier own thing... makes it confusing. :wacko:

Yeah, I agree, it'd be a lot easier if every country had the same process.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

This may not be the appropriate forum for this question,,,but just in case,,,!

I'm wondering if anyone who's beneficiary is from Mexico, and has made it to the interview process,,, has any comment to share with me regarding police clearance certificates and any related pitfall that I may need to be aware of (...and thank you Saylin for your response earlier this week!)

From what I can tell, police clearance reports are not available for Mexico and are not required by the NVC, nor any alternate "official" letter stating that "there is no record available". I spoke with 3 separate NVC reps and all verified this is indeed the case. My attorney however had indicated that the Department of State Foreign Affairs manual indicates that while Mexico does not have PCC's available, the next step in the process is for my spouse to go to each locale where she's lived since the age of 16 (6 months or longer) and acquire a letter from the local law enforcement agency (on their official letterhead) indicating that no such record is available. The NVC says no need for this! Augh! The airfare alone to go to each state my spouse has previously lived in (4 of them...all far apart) would really place us in an undesirable financial situation.

I explained the conflict to my attorney & the conversations I had with the NVC reps, and she agreed to proceed with submitting all the NVC documentation - less the police reports.

With all that said (sorry for the lengthy explanation)... has anyone been in a similar situation, only to find out later that a police clearance document or official letter really was required by the NVC or at the interview stage??

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Question about form DS-230, mainly about question 43.

Question 43 on page 4 of the form pertains to Social Security. If my wife (the beneficiary) has never been assigned a social security number before and would like to be assigned a number, do we need to go to the Social Security office once she gets to the states or can we ask to be assigned a number through form DS-230?

If we can be assigned a number through form DS-230 can someone clarify how question 43a, 43b, and 43c need to be answered for someone who has never been issued a social security number and would like one to be assigned to them?

Once again, like my previous post, sounds very confusing but hopefully someone can answer it.

Fahed

P.S. This form has recently been changed. The new form has an expiration date of 02/29/2012 while the NVC bible sample DS-230 has an expiration date of 05/31/2011.

NVC sample DS-230

http://www.visajourney.com/examples/Form-DS-230.pdf

Current DS-230 on State Dept's website

http://www.state.gov/documents/organization/81807.pdf

11-22-07: Married

I-130 Stage

11-17-10: I-130 Sent

11-18-10: I-130 Delivered

11-22-10: NOA1

11-26-10: Touched

03-17-11: Touched

03-30-11: NOA2

NVC Stage

04-06-11: Case at NVC

05-24-11: Case Complete and SIF

05-27-11: Interview Date, 07-05-11

Question about form DS-230, mainly about question 43.

Question 43 on page 4 of the form pertains to Social Security. If my wife (the beneficiary) has never been assigned a social security number before and would like to be assigned a number, do we need to go to the Social Security office once she gets to the states or can we ask to be assigned a number through form DS-230?

If we can be assigned a number through form DS-230 can someone clarify how question 43a, 43b, and 43c need to be answered for someone who has never been issued a social security number and would like one to be assigned to them?

Once again, like my previous post, sounds very confusing but hopefully someone can answer it.

Fahed

P.S. This form has recently been changed. The new form has an expiration date of 02/29/2012 while the NVC bible sample DS-230 has an expiration date of 05/31/2011.

NVC sample DS-230

http://www.visajourn...Form-DS-230.pdf

Current DS-230 on State Dept's website

http://www.state.gov...ation/81807.pdf

You can either go to a local SSN office once your wife gets to the USA or you can ask for one on the DS-230. For 43a, questions would be answered: "no" to you've never applied for an SSN, "no" to the replacement card question, and then "yes" for the SSA to assign you one. Then you have to answer "yes" to 43b.

Note, you may have to still go to a local SSN office after POE if your wife doesn't get her SSN in the mail after 3 weeks. Checking yes on the DS-230 doesn't guarantee an SSN 100%, so you might still have to apply in person.

Read post #5 by Darnell for more info: http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/277095-cr1-in-us-how-long-to-receive-social-security-card-and-green-card/

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Saylin,

Once again, like many others here have said before, you are the mother ship for answers to all questions asked. Thank you again for starting this thread.

Your input as far as applying for a SSN thru form DS-230 and the link that you provided has, once again, cleared my confusion.

On another note, I called NVC three times in a matter of a few minutes and the only constant that I heard was that my file arrived at NVC on April 4th. One guy said keep calling back, another said wait a week, and one person said call back in 4-6 weeks.

I keep thinking about the movie "Swingers" and the scene where Jon Favreau is given a lesson on how long to wait to call a girl back that he meets in a bar. Do I keep calling NVC everyday or give them a little bit of space? Usually, how long should it take NVC to enter your file into the system once they get it from USCIS?

Fahed

11-22-07: Married

I-130 Stage

11-17-10: I-130 Sent

11-18-10: I-130 Delivered

11-22-10: NOA1

11-26-10: Touched

03-17-11: Touched

03-30-11: NOA2

NVC Stage

04-06-11: Case at NVC

05-24-11: Case Complete and SIF

05-27-11: Interview Date, 07-05-11

Saylin,

Once again, like many others here have said before, you are the mother ship for answers to all questions asked. Thank you again for starting this thread.

Your input as far as applying for a SSN thru form DS-230 and the link that you provided has, once again, cleared my confusion.

On another note, I called NVC three times in a matter of a few minutes and the only constant that I heard was that my file arrived at NVC on April 4th. One guy said keep calling back, another said wait a week, and one person said call back in 4-6 weeks.

I keep thinking about the movie "Swingers" and the scene where Jon Favreau is given a lesson on how long to wait to call a girl back that he meets in a bar. Do I keep calling NVC everyday or give them a little bit of space? Usually, how long should it take NVC to enter your file into the system once they get it from USCIS?

Fahed

No problem :)

If I were you, I'd keep calling everyday, possibly even twice a day. When I first called NVC, the guy told me that I should wait another week before calling. I, of course, didn't accept his answer, so I called back the next day. Lo and behold, I get my case number! If I had waited like that guy suggested, I wouldn't have gotten a head-start on the NVC process. I'm not exactly sure when my case arrived at NVC. The first guy said there was no record of my case, but 24 hours later, NVC had it and was inputting it in their system. I'm guessing that if NVC got your case on April 4th, you should be getting your case number this week, or next week at the latest, depending how busy they are. Just keep calling, you'll get it very soon ;)

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

No problem :)

If I were you, I'd keep calling everyday, possibly even twice a day. When I first called NVC, the guy told me that I should wait another week before calling. I, of course, didn't accept his answer, so I called back the next day. Lo and behold, I get my case number! If I had waited like that guy suggested, I wouldn't have gotten a head-start on the NVC process. I'm not exactly sure when my case arrived at NVC. The first guy said there was no record of my case, but 24 hours later, NVC had it and was inputting it in their system. I'm guessing that if NVC got your case on April 4th, you should be getting your case number this week, or next week at the latest, depending how busy they are. Just keep calling, you'll get it very soon ;)

I agree. I was told on a Monday that the file was in the building but no case number had been assigned yet. Call back in 2-3 weeks. I said that I was hoping to get started with EP and all I needed was a case number and was there any chance it could be sooner? She nicely said, try back Friday. I checked the automated system on Friday- no record of our case, BUT when I called immediately after and asked an operator, she had everything there... case number, id numbers, invoice numbers, etc. So don't feel bad about calling sooner and asking.

Saylin, did you get my PM by any chance??

I'll ask on here too... I am using EP for NVC but I will be using a co-sponsor (my dad). Since I will be filling out the I-864, then emailing the supporting documents, how will he do his?? Obviously not online right?? So then do I have him do the paper copy and then just scan and email it? Will i email it with the supporting documents? Or should I email it by itself with it's own cover letter so they know that it's a true I-864 and not a "supporting" document like the other things I'm emailing?

thanks in advance!

event.png

Married 09-19-10

I-130 Stage

10-31-10: I-130 Sent

03-16-11: APPROVED!!!!

(132 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at CSC)

NVC Stage

04-01-11: NVC Case Number Assigned/Sent Opt-in Email

04-05-11: Paid AOS Fee ($88) and got confirmation of OPTIN

04-09-11: Sent AOS package (I-864 and supporting documents)

04-11-11: Paid IV Fee ($404) and Choice of Agent confirmed and AOS package confirmed received

05-02-11: DS-260 filled out and submitted

05-06-11: Sent DS-260 Supporting Documents

06-07-11: Case Complete!!

(70 days in NVC)

Medical and Interview

07-27-11: Medical Appt.

08-08-11: Interview (221g) AP

09-15-11: Denied- Inadmissiable 212(a)(2)(A)(i)- CIMT

601-Waiver Process

09-12-12: Filed I-601 Waiver at lockbox (hired lawyer for this)

02-05-13: APPROVED (4 1/2 months)

03-08:13: Sent updated medical/other papers to Montreal

Waiting for VISA

I agree. I was told on a Monday that the file was in the building but no case number had been assigned yet. Call back in 2-3 weeks. I said that I was hoping to get started with EP and all I needed was a case number and was there any chance it could be sooner? She nicely said, try back Friday. I checked the automated system on Friday- no record of our case, BUT when I called immediately after and asked an operator, she had everything there... case number, id numbers, invoice numbers, etc. So don't feel bad about calling sooner and asking.

Saylin, did you get my PM by any chance??

I'll ask on here too... I am using EP for NVC but I will be using a co-sponsor (my dad). Since I will be filling out the I-864, then emailing the supporting documents, how will he do his?? Obviously not online right?? So then do I have him do the paper copy and then just scan and email it? Will i email it with the supporting documents? Or should I email it by itself with it's own cover letter so they know that it's a true I-864 and not a "supporting" document like the other things I'm emailing?

thanks in advance!

Nope, didn't get your PM.

Your dad would have to fill out the forms and then scan those along with his tax information and either birth certificate or passport. You'll then put all the co-sponsor information at the end of the AOS package. That's how I got my husband's AOS package. He filled everything out, scanned it, then sent it to me. I then put it all together in one PDF and then emailed it once I was able to.

Remember though, before your interview, you're going to need to get the original forms and documents from your dad as you need to hand this in at the interview. Thankfully, for me, my husband had one more chance to visit me, so I was able to get all his AOS papers, along with the certified copies of our marriage certificate and his birth certificate.

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Nope, didn't get your PM.

Your dad would have to fill out the forms and then scan those along with his tax information and either birth certificate or passport. You'll then put all the co-sponsor information at the end of the AOS package. That's how I got my husband's AOS package. He filled everything out, scanned it, then sent it to me. I then put it all together in one PDF and then emailed it once I was able to.

Remember though, before your interview, you're going to need to get the original forms and documents from your dad as you need to hand this in at the interview. Thankfully, for me, my husband had one more chance to visit me, so I was able to get all his AOS papers, along with the certified copies of our marriage certificate and his birth certificate.

Thanks, that won't be a problem. I do my parents taxes anyway, and they live 10 minutes away from me, so I'll just add it to my 'originals' packet for the interview. :)

event.png

Married 09-19-10

I-130 Stage

10-31-10: I-130 Sent

03-16-11: APPROVED!!!!

(132 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at CSC)

NVC Stage

04-01-11: NVC Case Number Assigned/Sent Opt-in Email

04-05-11: Paid AOS Fee ($88) and got confirmation of OPTIN

04-09-11: Sent AOS package (I-864 and supporting documents)

04-11-11: Paid IV Fee ($404) and Choice of Agent confirmed and AOS package confirmed received

05-02-11: DS-260 filled out and submitted

05-06-11: Sent DS-260 Supporting Documents

06-07-11: Case Complete!!

(70 days in NVC)

Medical and Interview

07-27-11: Medical Appt.

08-08-11: Interview (221g) AP

09-15-11: Denied- Inadmissiable 212(a)(2)(A)(i)- CIMT

601-Waiver Process

09-12-12: Filed I-601 Waiver at lockbox (hired lawyer for this)

02-05-13: APPROVED (4 1/2 months)

03-08:13: Sent updated medical/other papers to Montreal

Waiting for VISA

just starting to read up from the beginning in order for me to minimize stupid questions. :rofl:

saylin has already been of great help already. thank you for taking the torch of helpful members on here. :thumbs:

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.