Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2011

1,108 posts in this topic

Thanks Dear.

Go back packing your stuff, big day is getting closerkicking.gif

I'm pretty much all packed! Just waiting for Wednesday night to stuff it all into my dad's car and then leave Thursday morning! :)

Yeah! CC

Just got off the phone with a polite lady who says my case is complete today. NVC inconsistencies are just making me :rofl::rofl::rofl: now, she said interview dates are scheduled during the first two weeks of the month so i should call back next week or wait for an email. I know this is just part of thier script as a lot of them say second week of the month and i know for a fact Saylin's interview was scheduled towards the end of the month.

Ha, as i type i just received the CC email. Isn't that cool.

Now more waiting..as usual :clock:

Yay, grats! And definitely don't listen to those operators and their damn script. You will soon learn it by heart, I assure you. I just kept on calling everyday, and finally, 15 days later, I heard the beautiful words that an interview had finally been assigned to me. You're nearly at the end!

:rofl:

:D I love my husband, but I trusted myself more with everything than him since I knew this process like the back of my hand.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Yeah! CC

Just got off the phone with a polite lady who says my case is complete today. NVC inconsistencies are just making me :rofl::rofl::rofl: now, she said interview dates are scheduled during the first two weeks of the month so i should call back next week or wait for an email. I know this is just part of thier script as a lot of them say second week of the month and i know for a fact Saylin's interview was scheduled towards the end of the month.

Ha, as i type i just received the CC email. Isn't that cool.

Now more waiting..as usual :clock:

Congrats!!!!!! They better schedule us both this week, since all of their lies include the common thread of scheduling being done in the second week of the month! What did your CC email say? I got a "checklist" email this weekend saying "The NVC has received the information you submitted and placed it in your case file. You will be contacted when your petition is sent to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for further processing." Since they aren't requesting anything I guess/hope that is a CC email?

Marriage: 09/18/2010 (France)

USCIS (CSC)

10/18/2010 I-130 Sent

10/24/2010 NOA1

03/07/2011 NOA2

NVC

03/24/2011 Case # Assigned

04/17/2011 Received RFE

04/23/2011 Received RFE

05/04/2011 Case Complete

05/13/2011 Interview Date Assigned

Embassy & POE

06/15/2011 Medical Passed

06/21/2011 Interview - APPROVED

06/29/2011 Visa Received

07/02/2011 POE - Calgary

Congrats!!!!!! They better schedule us both this week, since all of their lies include the common thread of scheduling being done in the second week of the month! What did your CC email say? I got a "checklist" email this weekend saying "The NVC has received the information you submitted and placed it in your case file. You will be contacted when your petition is sent to the U.S. Embassy or Consulate for further processing." Since they aren't requesting anything I guess/hope that is a CC email?

Actually, only those doing electronic processing should be getting case complete emails. This is what I've noticed. The only way you'll know of your CC is either through the AVR or an operator.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Actually, only those doing electronic processing should be getting case complete emails. This is what I've noticed. The only way you'll know of your CC is either through the AVR or an operator.

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Thanks! The AVR does say my case is complete. The email I got was probably from before the CC- checklists seem to be sent out a few days after what they are referring to.

Marriage: 09/18/2010 (France)

USCIS (CSC)

10/18/2010 I-130 Sent

10/24/2010 NOA1

03/07/2011 NOA2

NVC

03/24/2011 Case # Assigned

04/17/2011 Received RFE

04/23/2011 Received RFE

05/04/2011 Case Complete

05/13/2011 Interview Date Assigned

Embassy & POE

06/15/2011 Medical Passed

06/21/2011 Interview - APPROVED

06/29/2011 Visa Received

07/02/2011 POE - Calgary

Oh, okay, that makes sense. Thanks! The AVR does say my case is complete. The email I got was probably from before the CC- checklists seem to be sent out a few days after what they are referring to.

Yeah, the email you got was probably a little late to getting to you and was a checklist response.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

well i got off the phone from nvc and they tried to get my husband into a may interview but booo :( they were already booked so i pray for June :)

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Filed: Other Country: India
Timeline

Hello Folks, I just submitted my wife's DS-230 package today by Express mail. Last week NVC received my AOS packet, although it does not show in their system when I asked couple of operators (today and last week). All they tell me is to wait 20 days before they can tell me anything. I included all the appropriate documents with both the AOS packet and the DS-230 packet. Is there anything else that I should be doing in the meanwhile other than waiting? I paid both the fees online and printed the bar coded cover sheets and included with the packets. Other than that I did not receive anything else from them. Any idea when I can expect any updates? I am really worried about when the interview will be scheduled as I have read it takes them a couple of weeks to enter the DS-230 in they system and they only schedule interviews around the second week of the month.. I hope we don't have to wait till next month to have interview scheduled.

Hello Folks, I just submitted my wife's DS-230 package today by Express mail. Last week NVC received my AOS packet, although it does not show in their system when I asked couple of operators (today and last week). All they tell me is to wait 20 days before they can tell me anything. I included all the appropriate documents with both the AOS packet and the DS-230 packet. Is there anything else that I should be doing in the meanwhile other than waiting? I paid both the fees online and printed the bar coded cover sheets and included with the packets. Other than that I did not receive anything else from them. Any idea when I can expect any updates? I am really worried about when the interview will be scheduled as I have read it takes them a couple of weeks to enter the DS-230 in they system and they only schedule interviews around the second week of the month.. I hope we don't have to wait till next month to have interview scheduled.

Since you just submitted the DS-230 packet today, you should have your case complete, if no RFEs, in about 2-3 weeks. Until then, just keep calling NVC and asking about any updates. That's all you can do at this point.

And about interviews only being scheduled during the second week, well, it's a LIE. Please look at my own signature as proof. I had my interview scheduled during the FOURTH week of the month. The operators just read from a script, probably to deter people from calling every day. Didn't work on me though laughing.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Yes i remember following your progress very closely so fingers crossed that all goes well!! :)

I know, i am so used to waiting it has become almost second nature. This process teaches us some really hard lessons in life because before all this hoopla i was not a very patient person :no:

LOL... it's been the opposite for me... I have never been patient... now, it's even worse :rofl:

This is how it will look:

a - 1

b - 1

c - 0

d - 1

e - 0

f - 0

g - 0

h - 3

It may seem weird not to put a 1 in c since you're married, but you've already put your spouse in question a as they're the immigrant. But you have to remember, the I-864 is used in other visas and not just spousal ones. Although I do think USCIS should change the wording or something cause I see this question confuse a lot of people applying for spousal visas.

And you're welcome! I'm glad you found the links helpful :)

The wording is very confusing. I'm double checking my AOS now before I eventually send it off and this portion was also confusing me. Thanks for this clarification Saylin.

One more question though...are you supposed to put in a 0 for all of the choices that don't pertain to your situation?

Thanks for any replies!

My Case Timeline (I-130)

03/19/07: We met

01/03/09: He proposed =D

07/17/10: Married, yay!

USCIS: VSC (188 days)

10/04/10: Sent I-130

10/12/10: NOA1 (Received text/email with receipt #)

10/14/10: "Touched"

10/16/10: NOA1 (Received hard copy I-797C)

04/18/11: NOA2 (Received text/email):D

04/22/11: NOA2 (Received hard copy I-797C)

NVC

04/25/11: NVC received my original petition

05/05/11: Received NVC Case # and IIN; gave them our emails

05/07/11: Sent DS 3032 email

05/07/11: AOS fee invoiced and paid

05/09/11: NVC accepts husband's DS-3032 email

05/10/11: AOS fee shows up as paid

05/10/11: IV fee invoiced and paid

05/11/11: Sent AOS package via overnight mail

05/12/11: IV fee shows up as paid

05/12/11: AOS package delivered (per usps tracking website)

05/14/11: Sent IV package via overnight mail

05/16/11: IV package delivered (per usps tracking website)

05/20/11: AOS package reviewed

05/25/11: IV package reviewed

05/26/11: SIF!!!

05/26/11: CC!!!

06/10/11: NVC schedules interview date

Consulate

06/27/11: Medical Exam

07/11/11: Interview: Approved!

The wording is very confusing. I'm double checking my AOS now before I eventually send it off and this portion was also confusing me. Thanks for this clarification Saylin.

One more question though...are you supposed to put in a 0 for all of the choices that don't pertain to your situation?

Thanks for any replies!

Yes, USCIS definitely needs to re-word this question as I see people confused about this all the time, but spousal visas aren't the only types of visas that use this form, so it makes more sense for other people. Anyways, I just checked our I-864 form, and we left the other fields blank that didn't pertain to us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.