Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2011

1,108 posts in this topic

I just received a checklist from NVC a few minutes ago.

Is this an RFE? All of the information was clearly provided for them in the electronic correspondence and makes no sense. I think im going to have to call first thing Monday?

The only thing I didn't do was write the case number at top right because it was electronic and clearly labeled on each e-mail coversheet, etc.

Is that all there was in the letter? Usually they list what they want, but they don't say what they want in what you quoted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Sorry, I didnt paste the rest of the letter.

INSTRUCTIONS FOR: , KRISTINE ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

______CORRESPONDENCE INSTRUCTIONS:_________________________________

For electronic processing, all forms and documents that we request and require from you should be scanned and e-mailed to

NVC as Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The documents should be sent as attachments with your e-mail

response and not in a web file. NVC is unable to process documents submitted in web files. Forms and documents should not

be mailed through the postal service. The applicant must present all original forms and documents to the Consular officer at

the visa interview. Failure to present the required originals at the visa interview will result in a denial or delay in obtaining a

visa for the sponsored applicant. Any questions regarding your petition should continue to be directed to

NVCElectronic@state.gov.

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been emailed to the National

Visa Center.

______PASSPORT:____________________________________________________

Please submit a copy of the biographic data page of this person's

passport, including the expiration date of the passport. The

passport must be valid.

______BIRTH CERTIFICATE:___________________________________________

Please submit this applicant's original or a certified copy of the original document listed above. Each

applicant will need to obtain an original birth certificate issued by the official custodian of birth records

in the country of birth, showing the date and place of birth and the parentage of the alien, based upon the

original registration of birth.

The certificate must contain the:

• Person’s date of birth

• Person’s place of birth

• Names of both parents, and

• Annotation by the appropriate authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records

If the certificate is a certified copy of the original, it must come from the issuing government authority

and it must contain annotation by the issuing government authority indicating that it is an extract from

the official records.

Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the

correct document will delay processing of your case and may result in re-scheduling of your

interview, or refusal of a visa.

In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, a

photocopy of the original documents must be submitted.

Unobtainable birth certificates

If the applicant’s birth record is unobtainable, please obtain a certified statement from the appropriate

government authority stating the reason the applicant’s birth record is not available. With the certified

statement the applicant must submit secondary evidence. For example:

• A baptismal certificate that contains the date and place of birth, as well as both parents names

(providing the baptism took place shortly after birth)

• An adoption decree for an adopted child

• An affidavit from a close relative, preferably the applicant’s mother, stating the date and place of

birth, both parents names, and the mother’s maiden name.

Suitability of documentation for immigration purposes

For many countries, the Department of State has provided country-specific criteria for ensuring that

applicants submit visa processing appropriate documents. Please follow the instructions below to

determine if the Department of State has issued any country-specific guidelines for the requested

document.

Please go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov.

1. Click on the Fees & Reciprocity Tables box located on the left side of the page.

2. Click on the Visa Issuance Fee - Reciprocity Tables line near the middle of the page.

3. From the drop down menu, select the country where the document was issued.

4. Scroll down to the document type to view the specific criteria.

All documents not in English or the official language of the country in which the visa will be applied for

must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement signed by the

translator that states the following:

* Translation is accurate, and

* Translator is competent to translate.

______MARRIAGE CERTIFICATE:________________________________________

Please submit this applicant’s original marriage certificate, or a certified copy, bearing the appropriate

seal or stamp of the issuing authority. If the certificate is a certified copy of the original, it must come

from the issuing government authority and it must contain annotation by the issuing government

authority indicating that it is an extract from the official records.

Documents must be from the appropriate issuing government authority. Failure to provide the

correct document will delay processing of your case and may result in re-scheduling of your

interview, or refusal of a visa.

In addition to sending the original documents or certified copies of the documents to the NVC, a

photocopy of the original documents must be submitted.

For many countries, the Department of State has provided country-specific criteria for ensuring that

applicants submit visa processing appropriate documents. Please follow the instructions below to

determine if the Department of State has issued any country-specific guidelines for the requested

document

Please go to www.immigrantvisas.state.gov.

1. Click on the Fees & Reciprocity Tables box located on the left side of the page.

2. Click on the Visa Issuance Fee - Reciprocity Tables line near the middle of the page.

3. From the drop down menu, select the country where the document was issued.

4. Scroll down to the document type to view the specific criteria.

All documents not in English or the official language of the country in which the visa will be applied for

must be accompanied by a certified translation. Your translation must include a statement signed by the

translator that states the following:

*Translation is accurate, and

*Translator is competent to translate.

If it is impossible to obtain an original document or a certified copy of the original document because

records have been destroyed or the appropriate government authority will not issue one, you should

obtain a certified statement from the appropriate government authority stating the reason your record is

not available

______CANADA POLICE CERTIFICATE:___________________________________

CANADA:

Inside Canada: Applicants who are physically present in Canada should contact their local police

service or Royal Canadian Mounted Police (RCMP) office regarding criminal record check

procedures. Applicants may obtain a certificate of no conviction issued by any Canadian police

service so long as it notes that Canadian Police Information Centre (CPIC) or the national

criminal records repository was searched using the applicantname and date of birth. Applicants

should ensure that the search includes all names that they have previously used, including maiden

names, prior married names, or names used before Canadian naturalization. (Note: Because

records checks based on name and date of birth only are sometimes less thorough than those

based on fingerprints, U.S. diplomatic offices reserve the right to request that certain applicants

obtain fingerprint-based searches from the RCMP.)

Applicants who have been convicted of a crime in Canada must contact their local RCMP office

to obtain a Criminal Record Check,” which lists an applicant’s criminal history, indicating the

section of the Canadian Criminal Code under which the applicant was charged, the disposition of

the case, and the penalty imposed, if any. Obtaining a Certified Criminal Records Check requires

submission of a fingerprint chart; the RCMP could take between two and twelve months to

process a request for a Certified Criminal Record Check. (Note: If a namecheck by a police

agency reveals a conviction record, that agency may be unwilling to issue a certificate and may

refer the applicant to the RCMP for a Certified Criminal Record Check.)

Canadian pardons have no effect under U.S. law. Applicants who have been convicted of a crime

in Canada that was subsequently pardoned must contact an RCMP office to obtain both a

Certified Criminal Record Check and copies of their pardoned criminal record.

Outside Canada: Applicants who are not physically present in Canada must obtain a Certified

Criminal Record Check by sending a duplicate set of fingerprints (taken by a local police force)

to the RCMP. Fingerprint submissions must include the following:

? rolled and flat impressions of all ten fingers taken with black ink (may use a standard FD-258

FBI fingerprint card)

? full name, date of birth, and sex of the applicant

? the name and address of the police agency taking the fingerprints

? the signature of the official taking the fingerprints

? the reason for the fingerprint submission (U.S. visa)

? the processing fee of CAD 25.00 or USD 18.00, payable to the "Receiver General for

Canada" by certified check or money order.

Fingerprint submissions should be sent to: RCMP, Civil Fingerprint Screening Services, P.O.

Box 8885, Ottawa, ON, K1G 3M8.

Special note for applicants who reside or resided in Newfoundland and Labrador: The RCMP did

not operate in Newfoundland before April 1, 1949. Therefore, applicants who were age sixteen or

over in 1949 and who resided anywhere in Newfoundland and Labrador for six months or longer

after reaching the age of sixteen must obtain a Good Conduct Certificate issued by the Royal

Newfoundland Constabulary (RNC). Applicants should inquire at RNC offices in St. JohnCorner

Brook, Churchill Falls, or Labrador City, or may contact the RNC at: Headquarters, Royal

Newfoundland Constabulary, 1 Fort Townshend, St. John’s, NL, A1C 2G2, tel: 709-729-8000.

______FINANCIAL EVIDENCE:__________________________________________

The NVC has received the requested Immigrant Visa Application (DS-230). However, we are still

waiting for the Affidavit of Support form. Please submit the Affidavit of Support form according to the

instructions on the Department of State website at the following address:

www.ImmigrantVisas.state.gov.

From there, you can fill out an Affidavit of Support form online, then print the completed form and mail

it to NVC.

For electronic processing, all forms and documents that we request and require from you should be scanned and e-mailed to

NVC as Adobe Portable Document Format (PDF) files. The documents should be sent as attachments with your e-mail

response and not in a web file. NVC is unable to process documents submitted in web files. Forms and documents should not

be mailed through the postal service. The applicant must present all original forms and documents to the Consular officer at

the visa interview. Failure to present the required originals at the visa interview will result in a denial or delay in obtaining a

visa for the sponsored applicant. Any questions regarding your petition should continue to be directed to

NVCElectronic@state.gov.

PLEASE NOTE: No interview will be scheduled until ALL of the information requested has been emailed to the National

Visa Center.

______PHOTOGRAPH:__________________________________________________

Please provide two identical front-view color photographs with a white background as required for each

visa applicant.

The photos must have the name of the person in the photo printed on the back, along with the case

number associated with the person's photo.

You may download complete instructions by visiting:

http://travel.state.gov/visa/visa_4354.html

[KB1 05/07/2011]

I didnt post it because all of these was clearly included in my original e-mail. Would they really send this just because I didnt put case number at top right of EACH page?

Sorry, I didnt paste the rest of the letter.

I didnt post it because all of these was clearly included in my original e-mail. Would they really send this just because I didnt put case number at top right of EACH page?

It doesn't have anything to do with writing the case number on the top right. They only suggest that in case they lose a document, so it's easier to hook back up to the case file.

It seems they're requesting for the supporting documents as well as the AOS package. Did you get a response when you emailed them that it was received? Maybe you should just re-send both the AOS package and the supporting documents package. Won't hurt.

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

Yeah, I got responses on both of them that they were received and being processed. I guess someone just dropped the ball completely.

This happened on all three of my cases, bleh. Im going to add case numbers to top right since its in bold. But this will be a ###### ton of printing and rescanning.

Thats a downer.

Yeah, I got responses on both of them that they were received and being processed. I guess someone just dropped the ball completely.

This happened on all three of my cases, bleh. Im going to add case numbers to top right since its in bold. But this will be a ###### ton of printing and rescanning.

Thats a downer.

You can digitally add the case numbers. No extra printing or scanning that way. That's what I did. Once everything was scanned, through Adobe, I added the case number digitally. If you don't have Adobe, you can use a photo editing software like Photoshop.

Yeah, I just downloaded a free trial of Adobe. Should last long enough to get'r'done.

Should I only attach the files they asked for? or should i give them everything again?

I'd suggest giving them everything again.

Timeline

Thats a downer.

I had put case # on all of my IV documents that I had sent on April 18th. The following day I received a response from thhem that they had received my email. 5 days later I received a checklist response cause the IV wasn't entered into the system and they had no idea that I had e-mailed them the package already. I re-emailed just to be on the safe side. I don't think writing your case numbers on each of the documents has anything to do with you receiving a checklist response. I'm sure you sent the barcode page so that alone should be enough since the whole package is in 1 file. I think either NVC has slowed down last couple of weeks or they are losing our e-mails.

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

Timeline

I think they are losing e-mails.

I was so impressed because I had a human being respond the day after I sent my files. Then this happens. Total BS.

I just finished sending my 3 new files. Ill call monday and yell at them.

i had an RFE apRIL 26, i sent the RFE vIA fedEx on April 28 NVC received it May 2. how long will it take till i get a case close? my RFE was in my DS230 they want me to put the date when i turned 16 ggeeeeezzzzzz its so minor, anyway, sent them a new DS230. . . how long does it normally take for NVC to process RFE's? :blush:

Wedding Date : May 15, 2008

I130 sent : July 27, 2010

NOA1 Received : August 16, 2010

NOA2 Received : March 11, 2011 (207 days from NOA1)

NVC Journey :

NVC received : March 18, 2011

DS3032 emailed : March 30, 2011

AOS fee received : March 30, 2011

Visa : April 1, 2011

Paid AOS and Visa via Mail : April 4,2011

I864 sent : (by the petitioner) April 13, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 sent : (by me) April 11, 2011 NVC received April 13,2011

AOS RFE :(co-sponsor proof of citizenship) : April 23,2011

RFE sent : April 25, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 RFE : April 26, 2011

RFE sent : April 28, 2011 (via FedEx) NVC received May 2, 2011

SIF : May 13, 2011 (US time) May 14 (here in the Philippines)

Case Close : May 16, 2011

Medical at St. Lukes : May 17, 2011 1st Day

May 19, 2011 Immunization and got the CD xray :)

Interview : July 12, 2011 (6:30 am) yiipppeeeee

INTERVIEW RESULT : APPROVED!!!! :)

VISA ON HAND : July 15, 2011

POE : LAX

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

i had an RFE apRIL 26, i sent the RFE vIA fedEx on April 28 NVC received it May 2. how long will it take till i get a case close? my RFE was in my DS230 they want me to put the date when i turned 16 ggeeeeezzzzzz its so minor, anyway, sent them a new DS230. . . how long does it normally take for NVC to process RFE's? :blush:

We didnt' get an RFE but Ive read that it normally takes little time like a week or so to update...bcos they arent' having to do total review on the package just RFE then they would do final review to be sure they havent left anything out and then close the case...but hopefully others will respond with personal experience...im only sharing what ive read good luck!!

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

was this regarding the location and date of the places you lived in?

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

yupz, i didn't put on the date when turned 16 w/c was 03-2002, got an RFE for that. I hope i can get CC soon. . . :) it's going to be 1 month on May 11 for since we sent out our packet to NVC :blush:

Wedding Date : May 15, 2008

I130 sent : July 27, 2010

NOA1 Received : August 16, 2010

NOA2 Received : March 11, 2011 (207 days from NOA1)

NVC Journey :

NVC received : March 18, 2011

DS3032 emailed : March 30, 2011

AOS fee received : March 30, 2011

Visa : April 1, 2011

Paid AOS and Visa via Mail : April 4,2011

I864 sent : (by the petitioner) April 13, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 sent : (by me) April 11, 2011 NVC received April 13,2011

AOS RFE :(co-sponsor proof of citizenship) : April 23,2011

RFE sent : April 25, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 RFE : April 26, 2011

RFE sent : April 28, 2011 (via FedEx) NVC received May 2, 2011

SIF : May 13, 2011 (US time) May 14 (here in the Philippines)

Case Close : May 16, 2011

Medical at St. Lukes : May 17, 2011 1st Day

May 19, 2011 Immunization and got the CD xray :)

Interview : July 12, 2011 (6:30 am) yiipppeeeee

INTERVIEW RESULT : APPROVED!!!! :)

VISA ON HAND : July 15, 2011

POE : LAX

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

yupz, i didn't put on the date when turned 16 w/c was 03-2002, got an RFE for that. I hope i can get CC soon. . . :) it's going to be 1 month on May 11 for since we sent out our packet to NVC :blush:

oh ok. yeah i thought i remembered your post regarding that RFE. how NVC wanted you to put the date starting from when you were 16 and not birth. (which is ridiculous) anyway just keeping tabs on things to look out for. hopefully it's smooth sailing for you the rest of the way. :thumbs:

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

oh ok. yeah i thought i remembered your post regarding that RFE. how NVC wanted you to put the date starting from when you were 16 and not birth. (which is ridiculous) anyway just keeping tabs on things to look out for. hopefully it's smooth sailing for you the rest of the way. :thumbs:

That's strange because we put my husbands from birth until present living in karachi and didnt get RFE... :unsure:

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.