Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2011

1,108 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My AOS package was 65 pages and file size was 8MB. Had to play around with the Adobe PDF maker and scanner a lot to get file size below 10MB. I sent in too much probably. Overkill - But what the heck. Sent it on April 19th and got email with receipt of package from a live person on the same day.

I sent the following:

AOS Coversheet (with barcode)

AOS Fee Payment Receipt

• Form I-864EZ (Signed and dated)

• 2010 Federal Tax Return, W2s

• 2009 Federal Tax Return, Tax Transcript, W2s and 1099

• 2008 Federal Tax Return, Tax Transcript, W2s

• Letter of Employment

• Pay stub(s) from the most recent six months

I didn't know that you had to include the AOS fee payment receipt, I assume you only get the bar coded cover sheet only when your payment has been received and shows paid on the portal.

It's better safe to be sorry with all the financial proof! Our entire package came out to 1.2 MB - scanned b&w at a lower dpi (200), and did color when necessary :) And I guess it helps with the husband working in IT lol

I believe you don't need to include W2's and 1099's for 2009 and 2008, I think only most current tax year 2010. My husband filed his federal tax late this year, so we included his 2010 tax return, W-2 and 1099's, and for 2009 and 2008, only tax transcripts.

Also, what did you name your AOS file? I was thinking putting in the case number and form type ie. MTLXXXXXXXXX I-864EZ

Edited by lbjr

USCIS: 166 Days
10/21/10: Sent I-130 Package
04/14/11: Received NOA2 E-mail

NVC: 54 Days
04/22/11: Received Case #/IIN/BIN
09/02/11: Received Perment Resident card & another Welcome Notice (dated 08/25/11)

I-751 ROC: 118 Days

06/29/13: Mailed Package

10/25/13: ROC Approved

N-400:

05/21/14: Mailed Package

06/06/14: NOA - Biometrics Appt 06/20/14

06/11/14: Biometrics done early (walk-in)

01/29/15: Interview Appt.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Money/ Effort/ Time saving tips for people planning to do Electronic Processing, scanning & emailing to NVC.

Get a good scanner that handles upto 35 pages in the ADF. Lotsa good ones on sale in the stores like Staples. If you buy all in one printer/ scanner/ fax/ copy machine - Buy one with laser printer and Buy one that is black & white printer. Initial investment is slightly more but you will lots on the printer cartridge. Inkjet cartridges & color cartridges will bleed you. A good scanner saves you a lot of time + effort and saves you the angst. I literally pulled my hair out trying to scan with my pre-existing flatbed cheap old scanner. Threw it out of the window and got a new one and got the job done nicely.

Adobe PDF makers are expensive - try buying through educational discounts as a student or faculty. OR use ur friends to use their ID and get them to buy one for you. Big difference....in $$$$$$

Timeline

I didn't know that you had to include the AOS fee payment receipt, I assume you only get the bar coded cover sheet only when your payment has been received and shows paid on the portal.

It's better safe to be sorry with all the financial proof! Our entire package came out to 1.2 MB - scanned b&w at a lower dpi (200), and did color when necessary :)

I believe you don't need to include W2's and 1099's for 2009 and 2008, I think only most current tax year 2010. My husband filed his federal tax late this year, so we included his 2010 tax return, W-2 and 1099's, and for 2009 and 2008, only tax transcripts.

Also, what did you name your AOS file? I was thinking putting in the case number and form type ie. MTLXXXXXXXXX I-864EZ

Mine was overkill - you do not need to send in all of the above.

Yup scanned everything in combo of black & white and color - depending on doc.

Named the file in subject line: Re: Submitting Affidavit of Support I-864EZ for NVC Case Number MTLXXXXXXXXXX

Timeline

Money/ Effort/ Time saving tips for people planning to do Electronic Processing, scanning & emailing to NVC.

Get a good scanner that handles upto 35 pages in the ADF. Lotsa good ones on sale in the stores like Staples. If you buy all in one printer/ scanner/ fax/ copy machine - Buy one with laser printer and Buy one that is black & white printer. Initial investment is slightly more but you will lots on the printer cartridge. Inkjet cartridges & color cartridges will bleed you. A good scanner saves you a lot of time + effort and saves you the angst. I literally pulled my hair out trying to scan with my pre-existing flatbed cheap old scanner. Threw it out of the window and got a new one and got the job done nicely.

Adobe PDF makers are expensive - try buying through educational discounts as a student or faculty. OR use ur friends to use their ID and get them to buy one for you. Big difference....in $$$$$$

That should be - "Buy one with laser printer and Buy one that is black & white printer. Initial investment is slightly more, but otherwise you will SPEND lots more on the Inkjet cartridges & color cartridges."

Timeline

Mine came out to about 30 pages. All those pay stubs and tax transcripts laughing.gif

Same here, that was the bulk of our package. I named it MTLXXXXXXXXXX - I-864EZ , think that's okay for a file name?

09/02/11: Received Perment Resident card & another Welcome Notice (dated 08/25/11)

N-400:

Timeline

Mine was overkill - you do not need to send in all of the above.

Yup scanned everything in combo of black & white and color - depending on doc.

Named the file in subject line: Re: Submitting Affidavit of Support I-864EZ for NVC Case Number MTLXXXXXXXXXX

Oh okay, we won't include the payment receipt then.

65 pages is a lot to go through lol, but then again, better safe than sorry :)

I meant the actual PDF file, not the subject line for the e-mail...unless you did name it just that lol

N-400:

Timeline

1. Nope, there shouldn't be any problems. Just make sure your wife brings ties to Canada to prevent being denied at the border.

2. Yes, you can have DHL deliver it. You'll have to pay an extra $15 though and it'll probably add a day or two. Would it be possible for you to choose a DHL location and then go pick it up? It'll save some money and time. Up to you though.

3. I've seen people get the visa back in 2 days, but I've also seen it take more than 2 weeks. It really varies. I'd say a week should be enough time, but you should prepare yourself to stay an extra week just in case.

Thanks. Thats what I am gonna do - choose a DHL location for pickup.

It's better safe to be sorry with all the financial proof! Our entire package came out to 1.2 MB - scanned b&w at a lower dpi (200), and did color when necessary :) And I guess it helps with the husband working in IT lol

The AOS fee receipt is not mandatory, only the cover sheet has to be sent in. And only the most recent year is required, but lots of people send in all 3. Myself included.

Adobe PDF makers are expensive - try buying through educational discounts as a student or faculty. OR use ur friends to use their ID and get them to buy one for you. Big difference....in $$$

There's ways to get Adobe for completely free ;)

Timeline

I meant the actual PDF file, not the subject line for the e-mail...unless you did name it just that lol

Named the file I-864EZ_Beneficiary name_NVC Case Number_MTLXXXXXXXXXX

I just named my PDF file "I-864 MTLxxxxxxxxxx".

Thanks. Thats what I am gonna do - choose a DHL location for pickup.

Depending on where in Montreal you stay, the two closest would be either the Pointe-Claire one (that's where I'm picking mine up) or the Anjou one.

Timeline

Named the file I-864EZ_Beneficiary name_NVC Case Number_MTLXXXXXXXXXX

N-400:

Timeline

:bonk: :bonk: :bonk: I swear, the NVC does not want me to pay online! I'm /still/ getting errors when I click 'pay now' and I'm using IE. <_<

I swear, if this doesn't work tomorrow when I get up I'm gonna be all :girlwerewolf2xn::ranting::protest:

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Timeline

Does it matter who e-mails off the AOS and IV package? I assume both packages have to be e-mailed by your appointed agent...can someone correct me if I'm wrong.

N-400:

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Does it matter who e-mails off the AOS and IV package? I assume both packages have to be e-mailed by your appointed agent...can someone correct me if I'm wrong.

Really doesn't matter could be the agent or the beneficiary.

z4ddbf876e4519.gif

Glitter Text Maker

Event Date

2010-08-06: I-130 Sent

2010-11-02: I-130 Transfered to TSC

2010-08-16: I-130 NOA1

2011-02-08: I-130 RFE

2011-02-21: I-130 RFE Sent

2011-03-01: I-130 Approved

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Hard copy Received

2011-03-07: I-130 NOA2 Sent to NVC

NVC

2011-03-18: NVC Case #

2011-03-19: Sent OPTIN email and DS 261

2011-03-22: AOS fees appears as PAID

2011-03-23: Emailed AOS package

2011-03-28: Paid IV bill

2011-03-28: Sent IV supporting docs

2011-04-04: Resent IV and AOS packages

2011-04-19: Case reviewed, RFE

2011-05-06: SIF!!!

2011-05-09: CC email and confirmation from operator!

2011-05-13: My hubbys's Bday, great gift interview date throu email!!!:)

Med/Interview/POE

2011-05-25: Medical Medisys. Done.

2011-06-27: Interview *APPROVED!!!*

2011-07-13: Passport in hand.

2011-07-30: POE

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.