05/13/2011 Interview Date Assigned

Embassy & POE

06/15/2011 Medical Passed

06/21/2011 Interview - APPROVED

06/29/2011 Visa Received

07/02/2011 POE - Calgary

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Let's not forget the unfinished Crazy Horse :)

openroad-crazy-horse_2753_600x450.jpg

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

Timeline

Awesome review, Saylin! I didn't know you play(ed) WoW, my husband used to play it and urged me to give it a try because there were so many couples that played together. I played for about 4-5 months, then quit. We were on Staghelm :). It became very time consuming and demanding for our busy schedules, so we both quit.

Anyways, thanks for writing the review so quickly and a congratulations! You're not going to be sleeping again tonight I take it lol.

Did they say how long it'd take for the visa to arrive in the mail? Since we're nowhere near Montreal, we are just trying to figure out how many days my husband should take off of work if we are arriving the day before the medical and leave right when I get my visa (we are thinking 10 days excl. weekends).

Also, is there a big difference with the I-864 and the I-864EZ forms? We have the I-864 form filled out, signed and scanned. I just took a look at the I-864EZ form, it just doesn't ask about children, other dependants, and optional income/assets. It looks like my husband does qualify to fill the EZ form, I assume it's required if you meet the three requirements?

USCIS: 166 Days
10/21/10: Sent I-130 Package
04/14/11: Received NOA2 E-mail

NVC: 54 Days
04/22/11: Received Case #/IIN/BIN
09/02/11: Received Perment Resident card & another Welcome Notice (dated 08/25/11)

I-751 ROC: 118 Days

06/29/13: Mailed Package

10/25/13: ROC Approved

N-400:

05/21/14: Mailed Package

06/06/14: NOA - Biometrics Appt 06/20/14

06/11/14: Biometrics done early (walk-in)

01/29/15: Interview Appt.

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Awesome review, Saylin! I didn't know you play(ed) WoW, my husband used to play it and urged me to give it a try because there were so many couples that played together. I played for about 4-5 months, then quit. We were on Staghelm :). It became very time consuming and demanding for our busy schedules, so we both quit.

Anyways, thanks for writing the review so quickly and a congratulations! You're not going to be sleeping again tonight I take it lol.

Did they say how long it'd take for the visa to arrive in the mail? Since we're nowhere near Montreal, we are just trying to figure out how many days my husband should take off of work if we are arriving the day before the medical and leave right when I get my visa (we are thinking 10 days excl. weekends).

Also, is there a big difference with the I-864 and the I-864EZ forms? We have the I-864 form filled out, signed and scanned. I just took a look at the I-864EZ form, it just doesn't ask about children, other dependants, and optional income/assets. It looks like my husband does qualify to fill the EZ form, I assume it's required if you meet the three requirements?

I filled out 864EZ coz I met the requirements and its a so much simpler form to fill out. I recommend you do.

Timeline

I'll say it here too: CONGRATS SAYLIN!!! :D :D :D

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!

:dance::dance::dance:

I didn't know they were going to ask for DS-230 as we submitted DS-260 online. So it pays off to fill out the DS-230 in advance. So I guess we do need to provide employment and educational info after all. Thanks for the tip. You were the first one there but Minted7 came as a couple so I guess couples have priority thing continues. I'm just glad everyhting went smoothly for you. Congratulations to you and Ben!

Yup, Montreal isn't used to the new system yet, so they require the DS-230 from everyone. Glad I had it already filled out. I'm sure it saved like 30 minutes doing this.

I was the first one there as I had hoped :D The reason Minted7 interviewed first is because they finished before I did when submitting documents. My lady was asking for everything. Guess they got a quicker person laughing.gif

And thank you!

Congratulation Saylin.

And thanks again for all your help.

Good luck with the move to SD.

-Fahed

Thank you!

In honor of Saylin's new home state!

20071203124803.JPG

Omg!! Thank you! I literally laughed out loud when I saw this! laughing.gif

Let's not forget the unfinished Crazy Horse :)

openroad-crazy-horse_2753_600x450.jpg

I've never heard/seen of this before! blink.gif Where exactly is it?

Thanks!

Both my husband and I have momentarily taken a break from WoW. I stopped playing near the end of December. There was just so much visa stuff to do that I didn't have time. I'm hoping to get back into it again once I'm in the USA and have a new computer. I miss the people I met in my guild. And I was on Nordrassil :)

The lady didn't say how long it would take. But it can be anywhere form 3 days to 2 weeks. I've got a spreadsheet going for myself tracking how long it's taking Canadians to get their visas back. I noticed the majority of people who interview on a Tuesday (like me) got their visa back 3 days later on a Friday :) I'll let everyone know when I get my visa back ;)

There's not a huge difference between the forms. But the I-864EZ is much shorter, thus easier to fill out. Even though you meet the requirements, it's not mandatory to fill it out. You can still do the I-864. But my husband doesn't have assets or anything, so it was just smart going with the I-864EZ. If you could, I would suggest filling it out, but it's all up to you.

Which one is Ben??? :D

Ben's the one on the far right yes.giflaughing.gif

I'll say it here too: CONGRATS SAYLIN!!! :D :D :D

Thanks again! :D

Timeline

The lady didn't say how long it would take. But it can be anywhere form 3 days to 2 weeks. I've got a spreadsheet going for myself tracking how long it's taking Canadians to get their visas back. I noticed the majority of people who interview on a Tuesday (like me) got their visa back 3 days later on a Friday :) I'll let everyone know when I get my visa back ;)

So my wife is going to be with me in the US visiting in June & July. Planning to go to medicals & interview from US together to Montreal and re-enter (POE) as CR-1 Permanent Resident.

1. Is there any problems with doing that?
  2. Visa delivery by DHL courier is delivered to wherever we specify right - even a hotel in Montreal? Coz we were planning to stay in Montreal for a week or so, go for interview, wait for visa delivery and re-enter as CR-1 Permanent Resident. Is that feasible?
  3. How many days should we plan to stay or anticipate?

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yup, Montreal isn't used to the new system yet, so they require the DS-230 from everyone. Glad I had it already filled out. I'm sure it saved like 30 minutes doing this.

I was the first one there as I had hoped :D The reason Minted7 interviewed first is because they finished before I did when submitting documents. My lady was asking for everything. Guess they got a quicker person laughing.gif

And thank you!

Congratulations on your interview approvals Saylin! That's great news!! :dance:

My attorney uploaded the 1 last remaining doc (AOS forms) today... I guess I still have a while to go before I see a CC. Not sure how much NVC really does with the case reviews if the AOS hasn't been received.

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

So my wife is going to be with me in the US visiting in June & July. Planning to go to medicals & interview from US together to Montreal and re-enter (POE) as CR-1 Permanent Resident.

1. Is there any problems with doing that?
  2. Visa delivery by DHL courier is delivered to wherever we specify right - even a hotel in Montreal? Coz we were planning to stay in Montreal for a week or so, go for interview, wait for visa delivery and re-enter as CR-1 Permanent Resident. Is that feasible?
  3. How many days should we plan to stay or anticipate?

1. Nope, there shouldn't be any problems. Just make sure your wife brings ties to Canada to prevent being denied at the border.

2. Yes, you can have DHL deliver it. You'll have to pay an extra $15 though and it'll probably add a day or two. Would it be possible for you to choose a DHL location and then go pick it up? It'll save some money and time. Up to you though.

3. I've seen people get the visa back in 2 days, but I've also seen it take more than 2 weeks. It really varies. I'd say a week should be enough time, but you should prepare yourself to stay an extra week just in case.

Congratulations on your interview approvals Saylin! That's great news!! :dance:

My attorney uploaded the 1 last remaining doc (AOS forms) today... I guess I still have a while to go before I see a CC. Not sure how much NVC really does with the case reviews if the AOS hasn't been received.

Thanks!

I found out that NVC will actually review whatever package they get first, even if it's the DS-230. I have a friend who sent the DS-230 first and the AOS I think 2 weeks after. They reviewed the DS-230. So it should be the same for you. You should expect a CC in about 2 weeks from now. :)

Timeline

I filled out 864EZ coz I met the requirements and its a so much simpler form to fill out. I recommend you do.

Thanks RinTse :) We just did, saves a few pages, mind if I ask how many pages overall was your AOS package? We have 35 pages, we just need to combine them into one single PDF. Our AOS fee showed paid tonight, so we're finally moving along! :)

USCIS: 166 Days
10/21/10: Sent I-130 Package
04/14/11: Received NOA2 E-mail

NVC: 54 Days
04/22/11: Received Case #/IIN/BIN
09/02/11: Received Perment Resident card & another Welcome Notice (dated 08/25/11)

I-751 ROC: 118 Days

06/29/13: Mailed Package

10/25/13: ROC Approved

N-400:

05/21/14: Mailed Package

06/06/14: NOA - Biometrics Appt 06/20/14

06/11/14: Biometrics done early (walk-in)

01/29/15: Interview Appt.

Thanks RinTse :) We just did, saves a few pages, mind if I ask how many pages overall was your AOS package? We have 35 pages, we just need to combine them into one single PDF. Our AOS fee showed paid tonight, so we're finally moving along! :)

Mine came out to about 30 pages. All those pay stubs and tax transcripts laughing.gif

Timeline

My AOS package was 65 pages and file size was 8MB. Had to play around with the Adobe PDF maker and scanner a lot to get file size below 10MB. I sent in too much probably. Overkill - But what the heck. Sent it on April 19th and got email with receipt of package from a live person on the same day.

I sent the following:

AOS Coversheet (with barcode)

AOS Fee Payment Receipt

• Form I-864EZ (Signed and dated)

• 2010 Federal Tax Return, W2s

• 2009 Federal Tax Return, Tax Transcript, W2s and 1099

• 2008 Federal Tax Return, Tax Transcript, W2s

• Letter of Employment

• Pay stub(s) from the most recent six months

Edited by RinTse

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.