Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2011

1,108 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: India
Timeline

Signed in today - no IV bill yet....Grrr!

Question about DS-260. Dumb question sorry! Went through the DS-260 screen shots that Saylin put up in her wiki - Thank you again Saylin!

http://www.docstoc.com/docs/49845403/DS-260-screen-shots

I am the petitioner - I had my wife (beneficiary) pre-fill a DS-230 and I have it with me.

Can I fill out the DS-260 on her behalf since this is electronically signed? :unsure:

Hi everyone ! I am new here , our I130 was approved today , so we will start calling NVC aftr weekend. wishing you all a speedy painless NVC journey

Grats! kicking.gif If you haven't already, please read the guides I linked to in the first post of this thread as they'll help with NVC.

I sent six e-mails the first day my optin was accepted. 4 of those were replied to as received about two or 3 hours later. 2 of them just sat. I waited a day then sent those two with a note saying they were duplicates since I didn't receive a response.

These duplicates were answered later that night with not one, but 2 different people processing them. Guess my others were just missed. Oh well!

So everything is done now. I just have to wait, pray for no RFE's, and get an appointment.

How long does it take for the SIF/Interview scheduling part?

Thanks,

After you send in the two packages, it takes about 2 weeks to get a CC, if no RFEs. Getting an interview date can't be determined though. Just know that in Canada, currently, it's about 40-60 days from CC to interview date, with the date being assigned sometime in between. It could be a few days after a CC or it could be 2 weeks, like in my case.

Signed in today - no IV bill yet....Grrr!

Question about DS-260. Dumb question sorry! Went through the DS-260 screen shots that Saylin put up in her wiki - Thank you again Saylin!

http://www.docstoc.c...60-screen-shots

I am the petitioner - I had my wife (beneficiary) pre-fill a DS-230 and I have it with me.

Can I fill out the DS-260 on her behalf since this is electronically signed? :unsure:

Just keep checking the payment portal site every few hours (or more often if you wish ;) ) as it could be posted any time.

Yes, you should be able to fill it out for your wife on her behalf. At the end, if I remember correctly, they ask a question (to the beneficiary) if anyone helped them out. Since you filled it out, you'd check off yes, then it should ask for your information and relationship to the beneficiary.

Timeline

Just keep checking the payment portal site every few hours (or more often if you wish ;) ) as it could be posted any time.

Yes, you should be able to fill it out for your wife on her behalf. At the end, if I remember correctly, they ask a question (to the beneficiary) if anyone helped them out. Since you filled it out, you'd check off yes, then it should ask for your information and relationship to the beneficiary.

Thanks.

Just noticed that the NVC communications has the following:

"Foreign State Chargeability: INDIA

CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT

P.O. BOX 65, POSTAL STATION DESJARDINS

MONTREAL, QUEBEC CANADA H5B 1G1

E-MAIL: MONTREAL-IV-DV@STATE.GOV "

What does "Foreign State Chargeability: INDIA" mean? My wife was born in India and now a naturalised Canadian citizen and applying as one. :unsure:

Thanks.

Just noticed that the NVC communications has the following:

"Foreign State Chargeability: INDIA

CONSULATE GENERAL OF THE UNITED STATES, VISA UNIT

P.O. BOX 65, POSTAL STATION DESJARDINS

MONTREAL, QUEBEC CANADA H5B 1G1

E-MAIL: MONTREAL-IV-DV@STATE.GOV "

What does "Foreign State Chargeability: INDIA" mean? My wife was born in India and now a naturalised Canadian citizen and applying as one. :unsure:

I found this on USCIS's website: http://www.uscis.gov...00048f3d6a1RCRD

I believe it just means the country of birth, not too sure though.

You can always call up NVC and ask an operator about this.

Edited by Saylin

Timeline

I found this on USCIS's website: http://www.uscis.gov...00048f3d6a1RCRD

I believe it just means the country of birth, not too sure though.

You can always call up NVC and ask an operator about this.

Thanks. Looks like there are limits to number of immigrant visas issued by country. "Chargeability is usually determined by country of birth. Exceptions are made to prevent the separation of family members when the limitation for the country of birth has been met."

Hope the visa limits and waiting times do not apply for CR-1.

Anyone know anything about this issue??? :help:

Thanks. Looks like there are limits to number of immigrant visas issued by country. "Chargeability is usually determined by country of birth. Exceptions are made to prevent the separation of family members when the limitation for the country of birth has been met."

Hope the visa limits and waiting times do not apply for CR-1.

Anyone know anything about this issue??? :help:

For IR-1/CR-1, there's absolutely no limit to the number of visas per year. You're fine ;)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Welcome!!!!! I know it felt like forever but this part of the process is much more "active" on your part now... have fun! Lean on us if you need anything!

Did you send the supporting documents for the IV?

USCIS (204 days)

08-05-10: I-130 package sent USPS Express

08-06-10: Package delivered in Chicago (Received Date) (Priority Date)

08-18-2010: NOA1 (Notice Date) Received text & email with case number, Check Cashed

08-21-10: Hardcopy NOA1

11-02-10 Case Transferred from CSC to TSC

11-03-10 Hardcopy Transfer to TSC Notice

11-24-10 Transferred TSC to USCIS Office

02-14-11 Received e-mail & text for RFE

02-18-11 Hard Copy RFE

02-28-11 Mailed RFE overnight

03-03-11 RFE received by TSC

03-10-2011 NOA2 Approved

03-16-11 TSC mailed package to NVC

03-17-11 Hard Copy NOA2

03-18-01 NVC Received package

NVC (Electronic Processing) (87 days)

03-18-2011 Case number assigned, OPTIN e-mailed

03-21-11 Gave e-mails; received IID# BID#; Submitted DS-261

03-22-11 AOS Invoiced, Sent AOS Payment

03-23-11 AOS shows PAID, e-mailed AOS Package

03-25-11 IV Invoiced, Sent IV Payment

03-28-11 IV Shows PAID

03-30-11 Completed DS-260

04-07-11 OPTIN Accepted; AOS Package resent

04-18-11 Submitted Supporting Documents for IV

04-19-11 Received RFE for AOS

04-23-11 Received False RFE for Missing IV

05-02-11 E-mailed AOS RFE

05-06-11 Resent IV

05-23-11 False RFE for Missing AOS RFE; Resent AOS RFE

06-10-11 SIF

06-13-11 Case Complete

Consulate/Medical

06-14-11 Interview Scheduled for 07-18-11

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Okay... I'm in waiting mode now,,,, got everything submitted and hoping for no RFE's!

I received confirmation of the DS-260 submission yesterday. If an RFE is going to be issued, what is the typical span of time in which most receive one? I see a few posts where RFE's were received 2 or 3 days after submission...is that the typical time frame?

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

does the IV bill automatically get sent after we pay the AOS bill? they just emailed my ds3032 (which i emailed a few days ago already) and AOS bill. just curious.

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

does the IV bill automatically get sent after we pay the AOS bill? they just emailed my ds3032 (which i emailed a few days ago already) and AOS bill. just curious.

The IV bill only appears after NVC accepts your Choice of Agent form. You should perhaps email the DS-3032 again.

The IV bill only appears after NVC accepts your Choice of Agent form. You should perhaps email the DS-3032 again.

nice. that was my follow up question by the way. :rofl:

so that's how we know they got the choice of agent for already...

thanks saylin. will email it again. :thumbs:

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.