Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2011

1,108 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Jamaica
Timeline

damn, looks like im gettin an RFE after all. . . :crying: i sent the package April 11 and NVC got April 13. when can i expect the RFE? after a month? should i call and ask them? :wacko:

I got an RFE because my husband has lived at the same address since birth. In the from box I put his birthdate and the to box I put PRESENT. They sent me an RFE because they want from age 16 to present. I got my RFE on April 1st and of course I had to get my husband to sign the new paper and I just got it back in the mail on Friday and immediately sent it to the NVC. I would start working on the new form and get your spouse to sign it so you will be ahead of the game.

I got an RFE because my husband has lived at the same address since birth. In the from box I put his birthdate and the to box I put PRESENT. They sent me an RFE because they want from age 16 to present. I got my RFE on April 1st and of course I had to get my husband to sign the new paper and I just got it back in the mail on Friday and immediately sent it to the NVC. I would start working on the new form and get your spouse to sign it so you will be ahead of the game.

Wow... blink.gif That's a ridiculous RFE...

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: France
Timeline

Speaking of ridiculous RFEs, I just got one claiming that I failed to provide proof that my household members/parents are in fact my parents. I did send them a copy of my birth certificate, which obviously lists them as my parents, and I even referred to the birth certificate as "proof of parental relationship" in my cover letter. I guess they overlooked it or lost it?

Anyway, I sent them an e-mail explaining this and attaching another copy of my birth certificate... not sure if this will do any good. I guess I will have to give them a call first thing in the morning. So annoying to spend so much time making sure everything is in place only to have them make a mistake that could cost me weeks!

Marriage: 09/18/2010 (France)

USCIS (CSC)

10/18/2010 I-130 Sent

10/24/2010 NOA1

03/07/2011 NOA2

NVC

03/24/2011 Case # Assigned

04/17/2011 Received RFE

04/23/2011 Received RFE

05/04/2011 Case Complete

05/13/2011 Interview Date Assigned

Embassy & POE

06/15/2011 Medical Passed

06/21/2011 Interview - APPROVED

06/29/2011 Visa Received

07/02/2011 POE - Calgary

Speaking of ridiculous RFEs, I just got one claiming that I failed to provide proof that my household members/parents are in fact my parents. I did send them a copy of my birth certificate, which obviously lists them as my parents, and I even referred to the birth certificate as "proof of parental relationship" in my cover letter. I guess they overlooked it or lost it?

Anyway, I sent them an e-mail explaining this and attaching another copy of my birth certificate... not sure if this will do any good. I guess I will have to give them a call first thing in the morning. So annoying to spend so much time making sure everything is in place only to have them make a mistake that could cost me weeks!

Wow, yet another ridiculous RFE blink.gif Definitely call tomorrow morning asap. If the operator isn't helpful, ask to speak with a supervisor. Hoping it can get cleared up quickly. Good luck!

Timeline

Wow, yet another ridiculous RFE blink.gif Definitely call tomorrow morning asap. If the operator isn't helpful, ask to speak with a supervisor. Hoping it can get cleared up quickly. Good luck!

Thanks, Saylin, I will definitely be following your advice... hopefully by tomorrow I will be in a more amiable mood and won't rip the operator's head off. Maybe that's why they sent the e-mail on a Sunday... forced cool down period??

USCIS (CSC)

10/18/2010 I-130 Sent

10/24/2010 NOA1

03/07/2011 NOA2

NVC

04/17/2011 Received RFE

04/23/2011 Received RFE

05/04/2011 Case Complete

Embassy & POE

06/29/2011 Visa Received

07/02/2011 POE - Calgary

Thanks, Saylin, I will definitely be following your advice... hopefully by tomorrow I will be in a more amiable mood and won't rip the operator's head off. Maybe that's why they sent the e-mail on a Sunday... forced cool down period??

laughing.gif

Post back tomorrow with what the operator says. Hopefully good news.

what's the advisory of marriage of the beneficiary and the petitioner? is that the Cemar?

yup, ur right :thumbs: . Its not actually part of the required docs at this time but I added it anyway coz our marriage cert is not clear, I even added a certified copy aside from the NSO copy just to make sure they have something to compare it to. :blush:

Our Timeline

I-130 Sent.................................. 2010-10-25

I-130 NOA1................................. 2010-10-28

I-130 Approved............................ 2011-03-21

NVC Received.............................. 2011-03-21

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill......... 2011-04-06

Emailed DS-3032.......................... 2011-04-06

Received IV Bill............................ 2011-04-08

Paid I-864 Bill & IV Bill................... 2011-04-11

Mailed I-864 & DS-230 Packet......... 2011-04-16

NVC recvd I-864 & DS-230 Packet.....2011-04-18

Case Completed at NVC.................. 2011-04-27

NVC Left...................................... 2011-05-17

Consulate Received....................... 2011-05-20

Interview Date.............................. 2011-07-05

Visa Received............................... 2011-07-08

US Entry .................................... 2011-07-12

yup, ur right :thumbs: . Its not actually part of the required docs at this time but I added it anyway coz our marriage cert is not clear, I even added a certified copy aside from the NSO copy just to make sure they have something to compare it to. :blush:

cool. we'll just bring it to the interview. :thumbs:

NVC

4/14/2011: NVC RECEIVED-NO CASE NUMBER YET

4/19/2011: CASE NUMBER ASSIGNED

4/21/2011: AOS BILL PAID

5/04/2011: IV BILL GENERATED AND PAID

5/11/2011: AOS & IV PACKET SENT

5/13/2011: NVC RECEIVED

5/24/2011: RFE

5/25/2011: RFE SENT

6/02/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 1

6/03/2011: ADVANCED MEDICAL DAY 2 PASSED

6/08/2011: SIF

6/09/2011: CC

7/15/2011: 2 YEAR WEDDING ANNIVERSARY

8/03/2011: INTERVIEW

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Yay called NVC this morning and they said CC!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Then they told us that they do not have an interview date for us yet! But I am visiting my husband in 2 days for 21 days so we could possibly have one soon. I just hope we get an interview when im there.

BTW NVC said they schedule during the 2nd week, so maybe not :(

AM i suppose to contact someone? Whats the next step??

Yay called NVC this morning and they said CC!!!! YAY!!!!!!! Then they told us that they do not have an interview date for us yet! But I am visiting my husband in 2 days for 21 days so we could possibly have one soon. I just hope we get an interview when im there.

BTW NVC said they schedule during the 2nd week, so maybe not :(

AM i suppose to contact someone? Whats the next step??

Grats on your CC! kicking.gif

Even though operators say they only schedule during the second week, it's a lie. You can get an interview date scheduled any week of the month. If you want proof, look at my signature. I was assigned an interview date during the FOURTH week.

Just keep calling NVC and/or DOS and asking them if an interview date has been assigned yet.

Timeline

laughing.gif

Post back tomorrow with what the operator says. Hopefully good news.

Wow, that did NOT go well! First of all, the operator told me that there was no record of them sending me a checklist asking for proof of my relationship to my parents. I must have imagined it, since getting checklists from the NVC is a treasured pastime of mine.

Then, out of nowhere, she was like, "By the way, unless you claimed your parents as dependents on your tax return, you can't list them as household members and you will have to have them fill out 1-864s as joint sponsors NOT household members." Wait, WHAT? Is it just me or is that TOTALLY INCORRECT? Yes, you are required to list all dependents in your household size, regardless of where they live, but you can also include non-dependent relatives (including parents) as long as you have the same residence. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the entire point of the I-864A, which I had my parents complete.

Things got pretty heated as I attempted to quote authority showing that this lady was seriously wrong. She told me she didn't have time to wait while I looked up sources... I told her it was funny how I managed to find the time to wait for her to respond to my call... yeah, she didn't really like that. This call was not going well, so I stopped arguing with her and ended it. I'm going to have to call back later when I'm not quite so worked up.

She did say she was just trying to save me some time, but I wish she would do it in a way that doesn't involve giving me false legal advice.

USCIS (CSC)

10/18/2010 I-130 Sent

10/24/2010 NOA1

03/07/2011 NOA2

NVC

04/17/2011 Received RFE

04/23/2011 Received RFE

05/04/2011 Case Complete

Embassy & POE

06/29/2011 Visa Received

07/02/2011 POE - Calgary

Wow, that did NOT go well! First of all, the operator told me that there was no record of them sending me a checklist asking for proof of my relationship to my parents. I must have imagined it, since getting checklists from the NVC is a treasured pastime of mine.

Then, out of nowhere, she was like, "By the way, unless you claimed your parents as dependents on your tax return, you can't list them as household members and you will have to have them fill out 1-864s as joint sponsors NOT household members." Wait, WHAT? Is it just me or is that TOTALLY INCORRECT? Yes, you are required to list all dependents in your household size, regardless of where they live, but you can also include non-dependent relatives (including parents) as long as you have the same residence. In fact, I'm pretty sure that's the entire point of the I-864A, which I had my parents complete.

Things got pretty heated as I attempted to quote authority showing that this lady was seriously wrong. She told me she didn't have time to wait while I looked up sources... I told her it was funny how I managed to find the time to wait for her to respond to my call... yeah, she didn't really like that. This call was not going well, so I stopped arguing with her and ended it. I'm going to have to call back later when I'm not quite so worked up.

She did say she was just trying to save me some time, but I wish she would do it in a way that doesn't involve giving me false legal advice.

Wow, sounds like a rude and uninformative operator blink.gif Definitely call back again (once you've calmed down) and ask the same question with a different operator.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

Concerning Mrs. Edward's RFE, what is the correct answer for question 30 on Form DS-230?

Should one just write the month and year for when the beneficiary turned 16 and then put present on the next line if they have lived in the same city from birth?

Fahed

11-22-07: Married

I-130 Stage

11-17-10: I-130 Sent

11-18-10: I-130 Delivered

11-22-10: NOA1

11-26-10: Touched

03-17-11: Touched

03-30-11: NOA2

NVC Stage

04-06-11: Case at NVC

05-24-11: Case Complete and SIF

05-27-11: Interview Date, 07-05-11

Concerning Mrs. Edward's RFE, what is the correct answer for question 30 on Form DS-230?

Should one just write the month and year for when the beneficiary turned 16 and then put present on the next line if they have lived in the same city from birth?

Fahed

It seems that NVC wants the date of the 16th birthday if one has lived in the same place since birth.

AOS bill appears PAID. Printed document cover sheet. Time to get I-864 package together in one PDF and email.

How long does IV bill take to appear?

The DS-3032 (or in the case for Canadians, the DS-261) has to be accepted first before the IV bill appears. For my case, I submitted the DS-261 on a Thursday, and by the following Monday, the IV bill appeared. Has your AVR updated yet to say the Choice of Agent form was accepted?

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.