Saylin

NVC Filers - April 2011

1,108 posts in this topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

My attorney has been scanning all the docs necessary for the electronic filing,,,, I understand electronic submission is a requirement for certain areas (Mexico)? I was a bit taken back that my attorney has never used this... maybe not too many Mexican consulate deals for her... a bit concerning to me. Anyway,,, sounds like she just about has everything ready to submit with exception of the photos,,,she seemed to feel the instructions on how to send them were unclear within the instructions. She'll call for guidance on Monday if she doesn't figure it out by then,,,, but if anyone can direct me to any helpful details about the requirements for photo submissions via the NVC electronic filing process,,, that would be groovy! :P

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

My attorney has been scanning all the docs necessary for the electronic filing,,,, I understand electronic submission is a requirement for certain areas (Mexico)? I was a bit taken back that my attorney has never used this... maybe not too many Mexican consulate deals for her... a bit concerning to me. Anyway,,, sounds like she just about has everything ready to submit with exception of the photos,,,she seemed to feel the instructions on how to send them were unclear within the instructions. She'll call for guidance on Monday if she doesn't figure it out by then,,,, but if anyone can direct me to any helpful details about the requirements for photo submissions via the NVC electronic filing process,,, that would be groovy! :P

Yup, all MEP cases are required to do Electronic Processing, as well as being required to do the online forms (DS-261 and DS-260).

And what is your attorney confused about with the photos? You need two of the beneficiary, 2" x 2". Write the beneficiary's full name and date of birth on the back, as well as the case number. To scan them, I did this: I put both on the scanner, one facing upwards, the other facing downwards. I scanned that. Then I flipped both over. So the one that was facing up now faced down, and the one that was facing down now faced up. Then I scanned that. I sent those two scans in my IV package. NVC accepted that without any RFE.

Since MEP cases are required to do both EP and online forms like Montreal, perhaps you should read the wiki I wrote which is linked in my signature. It explains the steps and processes for NVC.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Yup, all MEP cases are required to do Electronic Processing, as well as being required to do the online forms (DS-261 and DS-260).

And what is your attorney confused about with the photos? You need two of the beneficiary, 2" x 2". Write the beneficiary's full name and date of birth on the back, as well as the case number. To scan them, I did this: I put both on the scanner, one facing upwards, the other facing downwards. I scanned that. Then I flipped both over. So the one that was facing up now faced down, and the one that was facing down now faced up. Then I scanned that. I sent those two scans in my IV package. NVC accepted that without any RFE.

Since MEP cases are required to do both EP and online forms like Montreal, perhaps you should read the wiki I wrote which is linked in my signature. It explains the steps and processes for NVC.

Thank you Saylin...for your continued and tireless support!! :star: I'll read through the wiki this evening.

USCIS Journey (223 days):

03/31/10: Married mi hermosa angelito!

07/14/10: Notice Date (NOA1)

11/02/10: Transfer Notice (moved to TSC)

11/29/10: Touch

02/17/11: Received e-mail update - Transferring back to CSC

02/23/11: Approval!!/Post Decision Activity

03/01/11: Received hard-copy NOA2 for cases. Has been forwarded to the Dept. of State NVC!

03/09/11: Case(s) at NVC!

NVC Process (78 days)

03/10/11: Case #'s assigned! Woot!

03/31/11: 1 year wedding anniversary!

04/20/11: Attorney submitting IV application to NVC

04/21/11: DS-260 receipt confirmation e-mail received

05/25/11: Received "checklist" e-mail (asking for AOS docs...but already submitted)

05/26/11: SIF when logging-in to payment portal (all 3 cases!)

05/27/11: Case Complete!

Medical / Consulate Interview

06/03/11: Interview date scheduled for July 8, 2011 !!! Augh! Wow!

06/9&13/11: Biometrics (fingerprints) appointment

07/06/11: Physicals in Juarez - Complete!

07/08/11: Consulate Interview = Complete & APPROVED!!

07/15/11: Visa's received!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Kenya
Timeline

Help! My 1-864 was sent on 4/4 and to be received on 4/5. Today i called NVC AVR and it said it was incomplete or missing documents. So i called back and talked to someone and he said they do not have it. I know it was received because I had someone sign it at the NVC when it was delivered. He told me to resend everything but I told him I dont have all of my original paperwork. So he told me to give them a week and if they are missing it then they will send an email. But Im visiting my husband in a couple days and I will not be around. IDK what to do! COuld it be somewhere in the building possibly? Any advice? :help:

Help! My 1-864 was sent on 4/4 and to be received on 4/5. Today i called NVC AVR and it said it was incomplete or missing documents. So i called back and talked to someone and he said they do not have it. I know it was received because I had someone sign it at the NVC when it was delivered. He told me to resend everything but I told him I dont have all of my original paperwork. So he told me to give them a week and if they are missing it then they will send an email. But Im visiting my husband in a couple days and I will not be around. IDK what to do! COuld it be somewhere in the building possibly? Any advice? :help:

I'd suggest calling NVC another two or three times and asking. Some operators give out the wrong info.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

"Need some help, Saylin."

I have my NVC case number and have given them our email addresses. A few seconds ago I got my IIN from one of the agents at NVC.

Now what?

11-22-07: Married

I-130 Stage

11-17-10: I-130 Sent

11-18-10: I-130 Delivered

11-22-10: NOA1

11-26-10: Touched

03-17-11: Touched

03-30-11: NOA2

NVC Stage

04-06-11: Case at NVC

05-24-11: Case Complete and SIF

05-27-11: Interview Date, 07-05-11

"Need some help, Saylin."

I have my NVC case number and have given them our email addresses. A few seconds ago I got my IIN from one of the agents at NVC.

Now what?

Saylin to the rescue! laughing.gif

Two things:

You can try signing onto the payment portal and seeing if the AOS fee has been invoiced yet. If it has, pay it!

You're also going to need to send the DS-3032. On the first post in this thread, I linked to the email template you can follow if you wish to email the Choice of Agent instead of snail mail.

Called back again and this time it was a lady. She said it doesnt show that it is missing in the system and to just give 20 business days. IDK whats going on with NVC.

I'd go with what this second operator is saying. They always say 20 business days to review a package. You most likely got a false RFE which means that they reviewed your AOS package and are now awaiting your IV package. If you want, call another operator up and ask the same question you did with the previous ones. It seems that a lot of the time, operators will give varying answers so you need to call a lot and whatever is the average, go with that.

NVC received the IV packet and AOS, Although,i didn't sign the back of the picture am i gonna get RFE for that???? :unsure:

Wedding Date : May 15, 2008

I130 sent : July 27, 2010

NOA1 Received : August 16, 2010

NOA2 Received : March 11, 2011 (207 days from NOA1)

NVC Journey :

NVC received : March 18, 2011

DS3032 emailed : March 30, 2011

AOS fee received : March 30, 2011

Visa : April 1, 2011

Paid AOS and Visa via Mail : April 4,2011

I864 sent : (by the petitioner) April 13, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 sent : (by me) April 11, 2011 NVC received April 13,2011

AOS RFE :(co-sponsor proof of citizenship) : April 23,2011

RFE sent : April 25, 2011 (overnight)

DS230 RFE : April 26, 2011

RFE sent : April 28, 2011 (via FedEx) NVC received May 2, 2011

SIF : May 13, 2011 (US time) May 14 (here in the Philippines)

Case Close : May 16, 2011

Medical at St. Lukes : May 17, 2011 1st Day

May 19, 2011 Immunization and got the CD xray :)

Interview : July 12, 2011 (6:30 am) yiipppeeeee

INTERVIEW RESULT : APPROVED!!!! :)

VISA ON HAND : July 15, 2011

POE : LAX

[/size][/size][/font][/size][/size][/size][/font][/color]

NVC received the IV packet and AOS, Although,i didn't sign the back of the picture am i gonna get RFE for that???? :unsure:

You're not supposed to sign it. You're just supposed to put the beneficiary's full name and date of birth, as well as the case number. And even that isn't mandatory, it's just a suggestion in case they lose the pictures, so they can relocate it to the proper file. As long as the two pictures followed the requirements and were 2" x 2", you won't get an RFE.

Im about to send our AOS packet & IV packet, here is my checklist:

AOS Packet:

I-864 Document cover sheet with barcode

Own Cover Letter

Form I-864EZ

Employment Certificate

Pay stubs from Jan. 2010 - March 2011

2010 IRS tax transcript, Form 1040, 1040X, W2 and 1099

2009 IRS tax transcript, Form 1040, 1040X, W2 and 1099

2008 IRS tax transcript, Form 1040, 1040X, W2 and 1099

Photocopies of some of the above documents

IV Packet:

DS-230 Document cover sheet with barcode

Own cover letter

Form DS-230, Part I signed, Part II unsigned

Two (2x2) passport photographs of the beneficiary

Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport

NSO birth certificate of the beneficiary

NSO and certified copy of marriage certificate of the beneficiary and the petitioner

Advisory of Marriage of the beneficiary and the petitioner

Original NBI and police certificates of the beneficiary

Photocopy of some of the above mentioned documents

I really hope im not missing anything...

Our Timeline

I-130 Sent.................................. 2010-10-25

I-130 NOA1................................. 2010-10-28

I-130 Approved............................ 2011-03-21

NVC Received.............................. 2011-03-21

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill......... 2011-04-06

Emailed DS-3032.......................... 2011-04-06

Received IV Bill............................ 2011-04-08

Paid I-864 Bill & IV Bill................... 2011-04-11

Mailed I-864 & DS-230 Packet......... 2011-04-16

NVC recvd I-864 & DS-230 Packet.....2011-04-18

Case Completed at NVC.................. 2011-04-27

NVC Left...................................... 2011-05-17

Consulate Received....................... 2011-05-20

Interview Date.............................. 2011-07-05

Visa Received............................... 2011-07-08

US Entry .................................... 2011-07-12

Im about to send our AOS packet & IV packet, here is my checklist:

AOS Packet:

I-864 Document cover sheet with barcode

Own Cover Letter

Form I-864EZ

Employment Certificate

Pay stubs from Jan. 2010 - March 2011

2010 IRS tax transcript, Form 1040, 1040X, W2 and 1099

2009 IRS tax transcript, Form 1040, 1040X, W2 and 1099

2008 IRS tax transcript, Form 1040, 1040X, W2 and 1099

Photocopies of some of the above documents

IV Packet:

DS-230 Document cover sheet with barcode

Own cover letter

Form DS-230, Part I signed, Part II unsigned

Two (2x2) passport photographs of the beneficiary

Photocopy of the biographic data page of the beneficiary's passport

NSO birth certificate of the beneficiary

NSO and certified copy of marriage certificate of the beneficiary and the petitioner

Advisory of Marriage of the beneficiary and the petitioner

Original NBI and police certificates of the beneficiary

Photocopy of some of the above mentioned documents

I really hope im not missing anything...

Looks like you got everything. good.gif

And you don't need to submit any photocopies of documents for the AOS package. The only photocopies you need are for the IV package, like birth certificate and marriage certificate. The photocopies are just so they have on file your certificates, so they can give you back the original/certified copies at the interview.

Looks like you got everything. good.gif

And you don't need to submit any photocopies of documents for the AOS package. The only photocopies you need are for the IV package, like birth certificate and marriage certificate. The photocopies are just so they have on file your certificates, so they can give you back the original/certified copies at the interview.

I was just about to leave to mail my docs & decided to check VJ first. Good thing I did, AOS photocopies removed, less weight for my package. Thanx Saylin! :thumbs:

Our Timeline

I-130 Sent.................................. 2010-10-25

I-130 NOA1................................. 2010-10-28

I-130 Approved............................ 2011-03-21

NVC Received.............................. 2011-03-21

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill......... 2011-04-06

Emailed DS-3032.......................... 2011-04-06

Received IV Bill............................ 2011-04-08

Paid I-864 Bill & IV Bill................... 2011-04-11

Mailed I-864 & DS-230 Packet......... 2011-04-16

NVC recvd I-864 & DS-230 Packet.....2011-04-18

Case Completed at NVC.................. 2011-04-27

NVC Left...................................... 2011-05-17

Consulate Received....................... 2011-05-20

Interview Date.............................. 2011-07-05

Visa Received............................... 2011-07-08

US Entry .................................... 2011-07-12

I was just about to leave to mail my docs & decided to check VJ first. Good thing I did, AOS photocopies removed, less weight for my package. Thanx Saylin! :thumbs:

You're welcome laughing.gif

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Bah. Just tried to pay the AOS fee, and it says 'payment failed due to payment system not available.' Does this mean I can only do this Monday - Friday, or is there a glitch in the system somewhere?

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.