tany1157

denied at casablanca

137 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Finally got this response, the usual song and dance....I did send our chat logs in the email I sent last night.

Dear Madam,

Thank you for your e-mail inquiry. Your husband's case was returned to the Department of Homeland Security's Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS) for further review. Due to the personal nature of the information, the file was sent via registered diplomatic pouch (Reg ######). The Bureau of Citizenship and Immigration Services will contact you to discuss the return of the petition to their office. If you wish to seek information on the status of the case, you should contact the USCIS National Customer Service Center at 1-800-375-5283. You should wait several weeks before calling them so they have a chance to receive and review file.

The decision to send the petition back for additional review was not taken lightly. Your husband's file was fully reviewed by the consular officer. As you know, this is not a final refusal of the visa. Rather, USCIS will review the case and give you the opportunity to answer the concerns raised in the interview. Because the file has already been sent back to USCIS, please direct all further inquiries to their attention.

Regards,

Immigration Visa Unit

United States Consulate General

8 Boulevard Moulay Youssef

Casablanca, Morocco

Email address: ivcasablanca@state.gov

That is the exact response that I received from them on feb 9th and the case is still in Casa. I cannot get them to send the case back with any verification that it is in route. I cannot understand why they cannot have it returned within 2 months???

Timeline

That is the exact response that I received from them on feb 9th and the case is still in Casa. I cannot get them to send the case back with any verification that it is in route. I cannot understand why they cannot have it returned within 2 months???

How do you know its still there?? Last year they said the same thing, and gave me the diplomatic pouch number, and they really did send it back fast because it got to nvc within the next few weeks. They gave me a diplomatic pouch number, so I'm thinking it did leav e the office. Did they tell you its still in casa?

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Interview in Casablanca January 2010

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Interview in Casablanca March 2011

-Results DENIED

-USCIS received May 10, 2011

-NOIR received January 30, 2012

-NOIR sent February 21, 2012

-NOIR received by USCIS February 22, 2012

-NOIR response February 28, 2012--REAFFIRMED!

-NVC received petition March 19, 2012

-Petition sent to Casa March 20, 2012

-Consulate called husband to set interview March 26, 2012

-Interview set for April 2, 2012 at 3pm!!

-Interview results--APPROVED!

-Civil documents in--April 5, 2012

-Consulate called April 6, 2012 to pick up visa following Monday

-IR1 received--April 9, 2012

-POE--May 9, 2012

-Applied SS card--May 23, 2012

-Received SS card--May 26, 2012

-Received Welcome Letter--May 29, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Received 10 year GC--June 4, 2012

-Applied for citizenship--February/March 2015

-Request for more proof/evidence--July 2015

-Approved--July 2015

-Citizenship Ceremony-- August 2015

NO MORE IMMIGRATION!!????

Timeline

How do you know its still there?? Last year they said the same thing, and gave me the diplomatic pouch number, and they really did send it back fast because it got to nvc within the next few weeks. They gave me a diplomatic pouch number, so I'm thinking it did leav e the office. Did they tell you its still in casa?

Two weeks ago my Senator received an email indicating that I must wait several weeks from the date of the email to contact USCIS for follow up. I have called the NVC and USCIS three times a week since 02.09.2011 and it is not recorded. If it was received quickly, I would of had a letter/email that it was received. Even NVC/ USCIS do not have it as of yesterday. After NVC receives the case back, how long will it take to verify that it was actually entered into their system. My Senator will make another request today. I feel like it is sitting on someone's desk or in a bin somewhere.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

You can track the package through the diplomatic pouch service. 202-663-1588

I am torn between whether or not it is still there. They told me that it had already left Casa, but they didn't send ours for 3 weeks. On the other hand, they provided you with a pouch number.

Again, this is where your representative would be able to get more information than you will. Perhaps try getting them to ask the actual date it was sent out.

ETA, even after they send it, it can take weeks to get the the USCIS. I do believe their service is the true snail mail.

Edited by morocco4ever

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

You guys have been so great. Taking your time to help me out, I really can't say what it means to me. Xoxoxo

Never give up on anything God has told you to believe for; never quit doing anything He has clearly shown you to do. Your diligence will pay off with a blessing from God." -Joyce Meyers

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Timeline

You guys have been so great. Taking your time to help me out, I really can't say what it means to me. Xoxoxo

Although it has been years since ours was denied I will never forget how alone I felt because absolutely no one here had it happen to them. I was so lost, and then I found a sprinkling of people that had the same thing. We waded through this process together, but it was months before I even understood fully what was going on. I don't EVER want to see someone else go through this process without some sort of guidance.

And to those CO's in Casa, yes my husband and I are still together. Married 6 1/2 years. So sometimes your "instincts" are wrong. :yes:

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Timeline

Although it has been years since ours was denied I will never forget how alone I felt because absolutely no one here had it happen to them. I was so lost, and then I found a sprinkling of people that had the same thing. We waded through this process together, but it was months before I even understood fully what was going on. I don't EVER want to see someone else go through this process without some sort of guidance.

And to those CO's in Casa, yes my husband and I are still together. Married 6 1/2 years. So sometimes your "instincts" are wrong. :yes:

OMG!! I agree. It is one thing to be faced with the refusal, but another when you must wait for your case to be returned for further review. Have a great weekend guys.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: India
Timeline

With a second denial you really need a good lawyer right now. They've found some inconsistency (somewhere) and they're using that. Consulates have access to information you normally wouldn't think they do. You need a blow-by-blow account of the interview, exact questions and exact answer to see what they're getting at. The chat-logs questions would indicate that communication seems to be the issue -- do you both converse in English? Is he proficient in English? Maybe they want to see what the conversations are about and how they are conducted rather than just a phone bill that doesn't show anything more than call-duration.

Sorry if I missed it, but were you there in Morocco for the interview?

Also, I don't know if you have opened a separate thread of your own but it might be good to get some advice/guidance from those who might not be regular visitors to this particular thread. Or maybe this could be split into a separate topic? Just a suggestion.

03/27/2009: Engaged in Ithaca, New York.
08/17/2009: Wedding in Calcutta, India.
09/29/2009: I-130 NOA1
01/25/2010: I-130 NOA2
03/23/2010: Case completed.
05/12/2010: CR-1 interview at Mumbai, India.
05/20/2010: US Entry, Chicago.
03/01/2012: ROC NOA1.
03/26/2012: Biometrics completed.
12/07/2012: 10 year card production ordered.

09/25/2013: N-400 NOA1

10/16/2013: Biometrics completed

12/03/2013: Interview

12/20/2013: Oath ceremony

event.png

Timeline

With a second denial you really need a good lawyer right now. They've found some inconsistency (somewhere) and they're using that. Consulates have access to information you normally wouldn't think they do. You need a blow-by-blow account of the interview, exact questions and exact answer to see what they're getting at. The chat-logs questions would indicate that communication seems to be the issue -- do you both converse in English? Is he proficient in English? Maybe they want to see what the conversations are about and how they are conducted rather than just a phone bill that doesn't show anything more than call-duration.

Sorry if I missed it, but were you there in Morocco for the interview?

Also, I don't know if you have opened a separate thread of your own but it might be good to get some advice/guidance from those who might not be regular visitors to this particular thread. Or maybe this could be split into a separate topic? Just a suggestion.

We talk in English, and he speaks English well. I was not at the interview. I think maybe splitting this thread from where I started would be a good idea....do I need to pm a moderator?

K1 Journey

-Filed August 2009

-Approved October 2009

-Results DENIED

CR1 Journey

-Married March 2010

-Filed June 2010

-Approved October 2010

-NVC Journey 13 Weeks

-Results DENIED

-POE--May 9, 2012

-GC mailed--June 1, 2012

-Approved--July 2015

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

above posts split from another thread and made into a new thread.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Timeline

Charles is on it like Blue Bonnet. :dance:

Timeline

You forgot to include this post, Chuck.

it's a work in progress, still moving stuff.

Edited by charles!

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Timeline

there, i think i got it all now.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.