Sweet10

N400 April 2011 filers

597 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

It sounds like the yellow letters are like you are on hold, but they want to let you know you are not forgotten. As far as passports, they want anything that might indicate whether or not you left the county, and for how long, so find all those old passports and bring them with you.

Yes, it could be. And it's an opportunity to request some documents we didn't send. For example I didn't send copy of driver's license (I don't have one, I'm scared to drive :wacko: - if somebody knows something to help against fear of driving, plz let me know lol - so they requested me to bring DL or state ID. It means they are working in our cases. :luv:

Caroline (Brazil) and Phil (USA)

yPnbm4.png

2003i9szfhw0aa.jpg

f2MWm5.png

View my Timeline

Timeline

well, i had my interview this afternoon. I thought it was gonna be hard and stressed out for the last two weeks. Any way..... went there today. didnt have to wait was called in in less than 2 minutes after i walked into the building. the guy was extremely nice and smiles as he was talking< which helped me get comfortable,After swearing, first he asked me to read a question which was what country in the south of United States. and wrote the answer in a paper. than 5 other questions:1name one branch of the government 2- we vote the senators for how many years? 3 if the president and vice president can no longer rule who will rule the country? 4 how many justices are on the supreme court? 5 What did the Declaration of Independence do? I think that was it, that is all i can remember now, after that we went through a small review of the n400 form and that is it. he congratulated me and said that i will receive an oath ceremony letter in a week to 10 days and that most likely i will have my oath in the 20 th july.

hope everyone will have a good and easy interview, study hard and good luck

congratulations!

Was your interview in Chula Vista?

I have mine next week!

He never asked you anything about your wife and married life or your N400 is not marriage based?

Removing Conditions - I-751

Joint I-751 Sent- 04/02/10

Received at CSC - 04/05/10

Check Cashed - 04/07/10

NOA & extension received - 04/09/10 (dated 04/05/10)

Biometrics done - 05/18/10

Card Production Ordered - 06/24/10

Approval letter received - 06/30/10

New green card received - 07/06/10

Citizenship - N-400

N400 Sent - 04/01/11

check cashed - 04/07/11

Biometrics done-05/17/11

Interview letter-05/28/11

Interview date - 06/30/11

Oath ceremony-07/07/11

Timeline

well, i had my interview this afternoon. I thought it was gonna be hard and stressed out for the last two weeks. Any way..... went there today. didnt have to wait was called in in less than 2 minutes after i walked into the building. the guy was extremely nice and smiles as he was talking< which helped me get comfortable,After swearing, first he asked me to read a question which was what country in the south of United States. and wrote the answer in a paper. than 5 other questions:1name one branch of the government 2- we vote the senators for how many years? 3 if the president and vice president can no longer rule who will rule the country? 4 how many justices are on the supreme court? 5 What did the Declaration of Independence do? I think that was it, that is all i can remember now, after that we went through a small review of the n400 form and that is it. he congratulated me and said that i will receive an oath ceremony letter in a week to 10 days and that most likely i will have my oath in the 20 th july.

hope everyone will have a good and easy interview, study hard and good luck

are the civic questions multiple choice or you have to answer it ? you write in a piece a paper or you just tell the officer the answer?

Check Cashed - 04/07/10

Citizenship - N-400

N400 Sent - 04/01/11

check cashed - 04/07/11

Biometrics done-05/17/11

Oath ceremony-07/07/11

Timeline

that will depend on your officer, some are nice and some are bad.

Yes, I know that depends on your officer, but I would like to know if his N400 was marriage based or not, do you know?

Check Cashed - 04/07/10

Citizenship - N-400

N400 Sent - 04/01/11

check cashed - 04/07/11

Biometrics done-05/17/11

Oath ceremony-07/07/11

Timeline

the civic questions, he will ask you 10 random questions and you have to give 6 correct answer.

You write it down or speak your answers? Multiple choice or the answer have to be exactly like the one we see when we study (on the book)?

it really doesnt matter, some of them will ask you if they want, and some will just skip and move on.

Check Cashed - 04/07/10

Citizenship - N-400

N400 Sent - 04/01/11

check cashed - 04/07/11

Biometrics done-05/17/11

Oath ceremony-07/07/11

speak your answer. the questions are the same as in the study book

for example he can ask you:

who is the president of the united states?

you have to tell him that I am the president, just kidding

you tell him barak obama.

congratulations!

Was your interview in Chula Vista?

I have mine next week!

He never asked you anything about your wife and married life or your N400 is not marriage based?

No it was in San Diego downtown. As he walked out of his office he saw me alone, my n400 is marriage based. he asked me where is my wife, I just said that she has a health check at the same time i was interviewing, and that was it. I saw a couple who were there before waiting for their turn, the husband stayed out. iIt is not required and even if you have your Husband/wife with you , they wont let him/her in. it is one on one interview.

he looked at my brief case and said:'' it looks like you re all ready. yeah I had two to three copies of every piece of paper a sent from the beginning of my immigration process.

are the civic questions multiple choice or you have to answer it ? you write in a piece a paper or you just tell the officer the answer?

he asked me to read the question, once i did, he asked me to answer it, and then he asked me to write it down in the same paper.

You write it down or speak your answers? Multiple choice or the answer have to be exactly like the one we see when we study (on the book)?

the question that i had to read was What country is in the south of US?

I Thibnk the question does not exist in the study guide in this exact form. from other people experiences,

he asked you to read/answer what question?

What county is in the south of US?

reading questions are not in the book. thats correct. but the 6 questions that you have to answer are 100% from the book. they cant change it

The six questions he asked are from the book, without rephrasing them or anything, the sentence you have to read might not be, and of course you will have to write down a sentence

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.