I Hate USCIS

In LIMBO 9 months

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

I am petitioning for the I-29F Fiance Visa for my fiance from Vietnam. I am a U.S. Citizen in Oklahoma. After some time courting her in Vientam and accumulating evidence of a relationship, my wife was interviewed in July of 2010 in the notoriously inept US Consulate General in HCM City, VN. She was given an OF-194 at the conclusion of the interview which in and of itself is not surprising. However, the OF-194 that she recieved in particular did not detail further instructions for her or myself to complete.

The bottom of the form says to AWAIT FURTHER ADMISITRATIVE PROCESSING from the US Consulate, and that there is no action necessary or possible for us to take!

This was 9 months ago and after months of repeated emails/phone calls and in person pleas to the help window at the consulate, they still refuse to say one word about our case. Each time the response is:

"As of today, the beneficiary’s case is still pending review by a consular officer. Please note that it is a normal process in our office. Due to the large number of cases to be reviewed by our office, we regret that we are unable to provide you with a time frame in which a consular officer will reach a final decision on the beneficiary’s case. "

"We will notify the beneficiary when the case is reviewed."

What the **** is that? Have they decided to put is in limbo forever hoping that we will drop the case? I've heard of this happening to a friend of mine once before and after 6 years the light finally came on and they terminated the case and repetitioned successfully after untold hardships and turmoil. thanks USA!

D. in Oklahoma

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I feel for you bro'. You are not the only one. Have you written to your congressman or senator? They will at least make an inquiry on your behalf which is only sending an email for a status of the case but it will be responded to however I'm afraid you may be told to wait some more, for what? Start making some noise for all you know its been placed in the lost and found. I'm happy for the ones on here getting pink but for ones like you and I (960 days) this is rediculous and no one has any answers or can make a decision. I have emailed the consulate repeatedly with no reply and it amazes me that no one in the govt thinks there's anything wrong with being told to wait an indefinate and unknown amount of time. I am convinced that their goal is to wait enough people out so they will simply give up to knock the numbers down. My question is what does anyone gain by keeping our wives away from us? We should pay our politician in DC a visit. They lie and say we don't have any jurisdiction over the consulate but I don't believe it seems to me a 5 minute phone call would solve our problem. Based upon your case it seems that they will ask for the 10 year residency, etc and then make a decision. Good luck

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

I am petitioning for the I-29F Fiance Visa for my fiance from Vietnam. I am a U.S. Citizen in Oklahoma. After some time courting her in Vientam and accumulating evidence of a relationship, my wife was interviewed in July of 2010 in the notoriously inept US Consulate General in HCM City, VN. She was given an OF-194 at the conclusion of the interview which in and of itself is not surprising. However, the OF-194 that she recieved in particular did not detail further instructions for her or myself to complete.

The bottom of the form says to AWAIT FURTHER ADMISITRATIVE PROCESSING from the US Consulate, and that there is no action necessary or possible for us to take!

This was 9 months ago and after months of repeated emails/phone calls and in person pleas to the help window at the consulate, they still refuse to say one word about our case. Each time the response is:

"As of today, the beneficiary's case is still pending review by a consular officer. Please note that it is a normal process in our office. Due to the large number of cases to be reviewed by our office, we regret that we are unable to provide you with a time frame in which a consular officer will reach a final decision on the beneficiary's case. "

What the **** is that? Have they decided to put is in limbo forever hoping that we will drop the case? I've heard of this happening to a friend of mine once before and after 6 years the light finally came on and they terminated the case and repetitioned successfully after untold hardships and turmoil. thanks USA!

D. in Oklahoma

Been there done that bro... We were in AP from Jan 10 until she got her visa approved in Sept... There is very little that can be done and Frank can tell you how it feels to wait for well over a year in the same situation as he is still waiting... I started a thread in the VN regional for those in AP.... You can have your Congressional rep make an inquiry on your behalf regularly, but there is nothing and I mean legally nothing that can be done to speed up the CO... They set the file aside in a queue to have an investigation done and then it will sit in another queue when that investigation is completed... Expect a phone call to your SO or her family or even a visit to the family home by a team from the consulate.. They may call your ex if you were married before... all of these things happened to us... For whatever reason the case was flagged as a potential fraud case and they put them in AP so they can do an investigation to justify that they are tough of immigration fraud.. not that fraud exists in the case but that is likely what the CO percieves...

You can call DoS regularly to see if there has been any activity on the case... The only and I mean only legal thing that can be done is a writ of mandamus and that takes a long time and is not easy.. let alone there is no guarantee anything will come of it... stick with it and send them emails every few weeks asking for the status of the case.. have your congressional rep do the same and call DoS to check up on a weekly basis... dont let it get to you or your relationship... let it bring you two closer together and make you stronger....

Moving to VN regional as there can be better consulate specific feedback there...

Moving to VN regional as there can be better consulate specific feedback there...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

Hello,

I am petitioning for the I-29F Fiance Visa for my fiance from Vietnam. I am a U.S. Citizen in Oklahoma. After some time courting her in Vientam and accumulating evidence of a relationship, my wife was interviewed in July of 2010

Did you marry her somewhere in the process?

Filed: Timeline

What's the detail of your relationship? your timeline? age difference, divorce, how long is the relationship, how many trips so far, Engagement?

The C/O is testing the "genuine" factor of your case. If the relationship is fake, the "Vietnam" side will not have the patience to wait around. They simply move on with the next victim in hope of better result.

Be patient and show them your will to fight. Venting in here won't do you any good. You might feel better but life is a B&$^$^$ anyway.

Just remember, life over there in VN is NOT real! Your money will be worth a LOT less once you get back over here. Back to reality, cowboy!

Timeline

Yes I have petitioned the help of a local State Representative twice., each time he reports that he sent an email and was given the same answer I was. I have made two trips to VN to visit her, the second trip we were married ( not legally binding, just the ceremony so that it's understood in society.) This relationship between us has been about two and a half years so far. There is a 10 year age difference between us ( I'm 50 she's 40) and my first wife passed away about 10 years ago, we were happily married unil then.

My fiance has neve been married, has no criminal record, and isn't like most of the women in the southern half of the country (gold diggers). She's from Hanoi, recently moved to HCM City.

I thank you guys so much for your help!

D. in Oklahoma

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi D

That's very sad. Ny cousin had this happen to him. He is still waiting too after 17 months waiting he finally got an interview for July.

I don't have the experience enough to give u a good answer. But here's what I'll do. Since my work are server base maintajncw which allows me to work where ever in the world with direct deposit. I'll drop the case even though it'd this far and head back to vn to stay a six month and get residency there then apply for visa which presummingly 3 more months average. That'll make me feel beetter. Being away from our wives hurt alot. Like me I dont know what to do and miss her much like now. Even though I was here three week ti do tax and heading back june it sux bad knowing ur alone sleeping (not xx x plz shr preg) hence I wrote website for us trongnguyen dot com

Anyways good luck. Please update let us all know what u are doing

Cardin

07/2001 .............Met Huong when she's 14

01/23/10 ............Re-Met through Family, spoke on Skype.

Visa Journey

CR-1 Visa Journey

10/20/10 ............VN w/ Dad & Son

11/05/10 ............Married

01/25/11 ............I-130 sent (Chicago Lockbox)

01/27/11 ............I-130 delivered

01/27/11.............NOA1

03/07/11.............Touched

03/08/11 ............Back in US for Federal 2011 Taxes

03/26/11 ............Ultrasound - BABY BOY

05/24/11 ............Request for Evidence (E-Notice/Online Verified)

05/26/11 ............RFE Rec & Sent - Wanted 2 Copy Certified Divorce Decree

06/06/11 ............NOA2 Online - NVC Here I come

06/11/11 ............NOA2 in Hand

National Visa Center

06/16/11 ........... Wife mail DS230 Part 1 Signed to US address

-- including passport photos, her passport, police certificate

-- plus 3 certified copies of each.

06/24/11 ........... NVC Case # Assigned (Phone Check)

-- Choice of Agent selection via mailing DS-3032

07/18/11 ........... Mailed IV & i-864

07/20/11 ........... Package IV & i-864 NVC recived

08/11/11 ........... Case Completed

Consulate Journey

08/19/11 ........... NVC E-Mail Interview Set

for 9/23/2011

08/30/11 - New born baby.

09/05/11 - Report Birth Abroad

10/03/11 - Nguyen Thanh Phu passport received in hand.

10/17/11 - Interview reschedule 11/14/11

11/14/11 - Rescheduled Interview

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hi D

That's very sad. Ny cousin had this happen to him. He is still waiting too after 17 months waiting he finally got an interview for July.

I don't have the experience enough to give u a good answer. But here's what I'll do. Since my work are server base maintajncw which allows me to work where ever in the world with direct deposit. I'll drop the case even though it'd this far and head back to vn to stay a six month and get residency there then apply for visa which presummingly 3 more months average. That'll make me feel beetter. Being away from our wives hurt alot. Like me I dont know what to do and miss her much like now. Even though I was here three week ti do tax and heading back june it sux bad knowing ur alone sleeping (not xx x plz shr preg) hence I wrote website for us trongnguyen dot com

Anyways good luck. Please update let us all know what u are doing

Cardin

I wish I could say that this was a good idea, but it does not make the cause for AP go away... For one reason or another the CO has flagged the case and put it in AP/AR... its a waiting game plain and simple... starting over, no matter which path, will more than likely end up in the same queue just at the end of the line rather than where the case is now... they could get a phone call any day now... lets hope the govt shutdown that may happen does not slow things down any more than already exist...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello,

"As of today, the beneficiary’s case is still pending review by a consular officer. Please note that it is a normal process in our office. Due to the large number of cases to be reviewed by our office, we regret that we are unable to provide you with a time frame in which a consular officer will reach a final decision on the beneficiary’s case. "

D. in Oklahoma

Face time with with a consular csr might help, I think it did for us. We are still in AP (17 months) but the ball is again rolling.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.