Ana L.

Accuracy in Estimates for K1 Fiance Visas

14 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi everyone! Just a few quick questions. My fiance and I filed for the K-1 Fiancee Visa at the end of February, and thus far, we have only received the NOA1. That being said, our profile here on VJ says we should be getting our NOA2 between August 28th to September 14th, being that we filed through the VSC. The weird thing is that the estimated dates on VJ keep changing. How accurate are the estimates VJ provides? I'm a bit nervous about it taking that long, but my fiance is a staunch optimist and he thinks that they are just overestimating to err on the side of caution. Can anyone please tell me how accurate these predictions really are? Thanks everyone!

Anna

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Only as accurate as the data entered. Is purely and estimate.

Figure on 5 months max to get NOA2, and another month or so after that after NOA2 to getting to consulate, and perhaps a month for processing at the consulate.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

Great Thank you! But what my question is how many members of VJ seen accuracy in the estimates? As in, have there been cases when they received their NOA2's with a close proximity to the dates posted on VJ?

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: England
Timeline

Only as accurate as the data entered. Is purely and estimate.

Figure on 5 months max to get NOA2, and another month or so after that after NOA2 to getting to consulate, and perhaps a month for processing at the consulate.

It's actually more like 6-7 months for an NOA2 right now... hopefully things will speed up soon, but I wouldn't count on it. sorry :-/

POE: 5/17/2011

Wedding: 5/21/2011

AOS Mailed: 6/17/2011

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

EAD approved 8/22/2011 :)

AOS Approved 9/14/2011 :) :) :)

USCIS Free till 2013!!!!!!!!! :)

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Latvia
Timeline

Mine was very close to estimated.... it was 6 months and one week.... and the estimated was 6 to 6 months and 2 weeks... i wouldnt count on earlier....

“I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” Jimmy Dean

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The timelines was accurate in our case. It said March 19-April 5 I believe and we got our approval today. Ours changed quite a few times. I dont believe that you can change service centers. Once it is there you can change your address but they aren't going to send your application to Cali...its already in the Vermont system. Just keep your fingers crossed that the processing times speed up

K-1

9/23/2010 NOA1

3/31/2011 NOA2!!(189 days)

6/06/2011 Interview Approved

AOS

7/29/2011 AOS and EAD sent by USPS

8/01/2011 NOA date

8/15/2011 Biometrics walk in (appointment for 8/29)

9/26/2011 EAD Approved

10/4/2011 EAD in Hand

10/18/2011 Interview Green Card Approved

10/28/2011 Green Card in hand :)

Timeline

Is there any way to transfer Service Centers, because we can also use an address in Colorado, which would mean we go to the California Service Center?

You can change your address with the USCIS, but there's no guarantee that it'll change which service center processes your form once its there. Plus the VSC and CSC tend to flip flop which one moves faster every once in a while, so theres no guarantee CSC won't slow down once you have it switched... I'd just sit tight if I were you. Sorry :(

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

Timeline

oh and ps- get in touch with your congresspeople as soon as you hit 5 months. they probably wont be able to do anything for you then, but it helps to establish that connection, because i emailed one the day i hit 6 months, she called, and i was approved within the day.

NOA1 6/27/2011

RFE 7/13/2011

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Is there any way to transfer Service Centers, because we can also use an address in Colorado, which would mean we go to the California Service Center?

Once it is filed, it is filed, no requesting to change centers, they will do it only for load balancing sometimes, and that is up to USCIS, and not controlled by the petitioner.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

Timeline

oh and ps- get in touch with your congresspeople as soon as you hit 5 months. they probably wont be able to do anything for you then, but it helps to establish that connection, because i emailed one the day i hit 6 months, she called, and i was approved within the day.

Thank you Kikip! Do i call the congressman from the state from which we filed or can it be any congressman? My fiance's residence state is NY, his home state is Florida, and we filed from his college address which is Massachusetts. CONGRATS on your approval!

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The dates are are purely an estimate. My estimated date when I check my VJ timeline still says I should have received my NOA2 by 3/30. I still don't have it.

It is very frustrating to watch all the dates right after mine get approved every day this week, and that the estimated date that VSC is processing is several weeks after my NOA1 date (per this site it says early October and keeps going forward and backward by a day or so).

However I am glad to see progress at VSC--it gives me hope. What also helps is to know that I filed a service request last Friday and they have to tell me something soon.

K1 Process:

NOA1 17 Sept 10

Touched 3 Oct 10

Placed Service Request 25 March 11

NOA2 4 April 11

Left NVC 15 April 11

Packet 3 letter dated 19 April 11

Packet 3 response sent 6 May 11

Interview 26 May 11

K1 received 1 June 11

Entered US 26 June 11

Married 6 August 11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.