Bens_girl

Need some advice, comfort, anything...

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Ok, so here is a quick rundown of my situation:

Already done everything up to the visa. Got my I 130 and all that. Working on the spousal visa now. I got a lawyer, she's been helpful up until now.

My husband and I applied on their new online system in January. Our lawyer has told us she has had to re-apply 5 times. 5 friggen times. And it's because their new stupid online system is screwy. My lawyer has tried to ask for expedition, considering THEY messed up, but to no avail. They just ignore her requests. So I have to basically start ALL OVER waiting, and I've already been apart from my husband for three months (after us going through two years already of being apart on and off). It's putting terrible stress on our relationship, not to mention the fact I can't start LIVING like his wife really with him! I'm so upset and sick of this! Any one else going through something like this or has? Maybe you can give me some advice.

If there is nothing I can do, and I just have to wait it out some MORE at least give me a hug or something guys. Please. This sucks. I'm ALMOST THERE. I'm in the home stretch, getting ready to do my interview, my medical, all that stuff. I've followed the advice of countless friends who've been through the process, followed my lawyers advice, read stuff on this site. I'm just at this point WAITING for them to take my application and give me date for the interview. When they finally get their act in gear, do you know how fast it might go from there? Will it be quick then? Can I hope for that much?

Thanks for listening, and sorry if I sound very angry. I'm just mad about the situation. Their mess up should not effect people's lives like this, but they don't care. They just don't. And it's WRONG. I wish there was something I could do that would matter.

It think this hurts so much right now because I am almost there. I just want to go home to my husband. I just want to start my life with him. I'm tired of this limbo.

Keep your chin up! My processing took over a year.....totally sucked!

Did the lawyer tell you right away after it didn't work? Have you tried to call USCIS? Get down and dirty and ask them what's going on and how you can get your application in.

Hugs :)

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Why are you using a lawyer? Most people on Visa Journey go through the process without a lawyer. Unless you have a very unusual situation or have money to burn, you are wasting time and money with the lawyer.

It is a very simple process. It just takes close to a year to get the approval.

Good luck

Amen to that.....a lawyer just adds to your timeline. Your VJ friends are here to help!

Why are you using a lawyer? Most people on Visa Journey go through the process without a lawyer. Unless you have a very unusual situation or have money to burn, you are wasting time and money with the lawyer.

It is a very simple process. It just takes close to a year to get the approval.

Good luck

***Removing Conditions***

Submitted I-751: March 4, 2011

Check cashed: March 10, 2011

NOA1: March 8, 2011

Biometrics Appt: April 21, 2011

Early Bio Walk-in: April 7, 2011

Approved: September 7, 2011

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Suggest yer attorney use Windows Explorer version 8 on a Windows V7 machine, with the latest version of Adobe Acrobat installed.

9 times out of 10, that's the problem.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Honestly, i think the hardest part is waiting for the I-130 to be approved... the rest tends to go a bit faster. I know it seems like you've waited forever to be together (we all know that feeling!) but I think you are getting close and it won't be long. I agree with the others that it's a shame that you have to use a lawyer because at this point, there is so much wonderful support and help and guides to follow on VJ, the lawyer only means a 3rd party to work around now and you are at their mercy to file things for you. But, it is what it is and you can't go back and change that part, so here a virtual hug for you and encouragement that you are hopefully over the hump now and soon you'll be getting that interview and crossing that border!!!

{{{{{{HUGS}}}}}}}

event.png

Married 09-19-10

I-130 Stage

10-31-10: I-130 Sent

03-16-11: APPROVED!!!!

(132 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at CSC)

NVC Stage

04-01-11: NVC Case Number Assigned/Sent Opt-in Email

04-05-11: Paid AOS Fee ($88) and got confirmation of OPTIN

04-09-11: Sent AOS package (I-864 and supporting documents)

04-11-11: Paid IV Fee ($404) and Choice of Agent confirmed and AOS package confirmed received

05-02-11: DS-260 filled out and submitted

05-06-11: Sent DS-260 Supporting Documents

06-07-11: Case Complete!!

(70 days in NVC)

Medical and Interview

07-27-11: Medical Appt.

08-08-11: Interview (221g) AP

09-15-11: Denied- Inadmissiable 212(a)(2)(A)(i)- CIMT

601-Waiver Process

09-12-12: Filed I-601 Waiver at lockbox (hired lawyer for this)

02-05-13: APPROVED (4 1/2 months)

03-08:13: Sent updated medical/other papers to Montreal

Waiting for VISA

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hang in there. I am at the same stage. DS-260 submitted and waiting for their review then hopefully an interview and medical in Montreal. It has been a longggggggggggggggg stretch since first filing in Sept 2010. I can almost see the end of the tunnel. I haven't seen my husband since Christmas and just started a new job so won't see him till he comes to get me.

Take a deep breath and don't set any expectations of time, you will only disappoint yourself. Good Luck.

Sept 13, 2009 - Met Online

June 18, 2010 - Married in Edmonton, Alberta, Canada

Sept 3, 2010 : I-130 Sent

Sept 14, 2010: NOA1 Issued (Hard Copy)

Dec 10, 2010: NOA2 Approval!!!

85 Days since NOA1 - NOA2

NVC Received File - Dec 14, 2010

Dec 31, 2010 Received Case #/

Dec 31, 2010: I-864(AOS) fee ($88) payment Received

Jan 4, 2011: I-864 (AOS) PAID

Jan 5, 2011: AOS package Via Mail

Jan 7, 2011: Sent 3032 through email and Opt In

Called Jan 19th, said waiting for 3032 form.

Jan 24, 2011 - Got email from NVC saying they have me as Opted In.

Jan 24, 2011 - Accepted 3032

Feb 3, 2011 - IV Bill Invoiced - $404.00

March 3, 2011: IV Bill Paid

March 12, 2011:DS 260 Forms Emailed Via Email for Electronic Processing

Mar 22, 2011 - Supporting Documents sent to NVC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I suggest to search/imbibe/ingest/destroy yer favourite comfort food -

a special shout-out to my Canadien Peeps - Eat More Poutine, eh !!!!

Yum-a-licious !!!

(Please help keep the cheese curds industry alive in Canada, Thanks So Much, In advance ! )

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

I suggest to search/imbibe/ingest/destroy yer favourite comfort food -

a special shout-out to my Canadien Peeps - Eat More Poutine, eh !!!!

Yum-a-licious !!!

(Please help keep the cheese curds industry alive in Canada, Thanks So Much, In advance ! )

I'm a fairly new poutine fan, and don't worry... when i go to Canada next month, I'm eating it until i explode!!!

event.png

Married 09-19-10

I-130 Stage

10-31-10: I-130 Sent

03-16-11: APPROVED!!!!

(132 days from NOA1 to NOA2 at CSC)

NVC Stage

04-01-11: NVC Case Number Assigned/Sent Opt-in Email

04-05-11: Paid AOS Fee ($88) and got confirmation of OPTIN

04-09-11: Sent AOS package (I-864 and supporting documents)

04-11-11: Paid IV Fee ($404) and Choice of Agent confirmed and AOS package confirmed received

05-02-11: DS-260 filled out and submitted

05-06-11: Sent DS-260 Supporting Documents

06-07-11: Case Complete!!

(70 days in NVC)

Medical and Interview

07-27-11: Medical Appt.

08-08-11: Interview (221g) AP

09-15-11: Denied- Inadmissiable 212(a)(2)(A)(i)- CIMT

601-Waiver Process

09-12-12: Filed I-601 Waiver at lockbox (hired lawyer for this)

02-05-13: APPROVED (4 1/2 months)

03-08:13: Sent updated medical/other papers to Montreal

Waiting for VISA

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm a fairly new poutine fan, and don't worry... when i go to Canada next month, I'm eating it until i explode!!!

My husband is a new poutine fan too. But he can never seem to remember what exactly its called. Last time he ordered it when I was with him he pronounced it poon-teen, which earned him a funny look and a laugh from the server. :lol:

03/08/2010: Wedding

03/26/2010: I-130 Mailed

04/16/2010: NOA1 via email

09/21/2010: NOA2 via email

10/27/2010: NVC Case number

11/28/2010: AOS fee paid

03/15/2011: AOS packet sent

11/28/2010: IV fee paid

02/15/2011: IV packet sent

04/01/2011: Case Complete at NVC

04/13/2011: Interview Date Assigned

XX/XX/2011: Package sent to Embassy

05/11/2011: Medical Completed

05/24/2011: Interview Date APPROVED!!!

XX/XX/2011: Visa Received

XX/XX/2011: POE

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I will have to pass along my portion of poutine to someone else - I can't handle the gravy. *yucks*

Holding my nose and jumping off the cliff.. hope I don't hit any rocks in the water.

"All I want out of life is ice cream and cuddles. Is it too much to ask? Is it?" - Sleep Talkin' Man

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

WithoutMusic-theidolhands.pngSquareOneIcon.pngMYV2avaruusvirta.pngCarmenSandiego-theidolhands.pngSuckIt-stellans.jpg

138 days from NOA1 - NOA2

14 days from CIS till NVC case number assigned.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.