vnt

Visa Pick-Up

11 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I don't want to sound rude but to hell with that business trip. You spent months and months preparing for a visa from one of the toughest Consulates in the world and now that she can get one, your fiance can't pick it up because of a business trip? Just do whatever it takes and pick up the visa on March 28 and get out of there.

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: Timeline

Hello. My fiance's visa was approved and she can pick it up March 28th. However, she can't make it then b/c she is on a business trip. Can she pick up the visa any time from the hcmc consulate(I don't think the consulate works on Friday; at least on K-1 visas)?

You're not rude. She lives in the north of Vietnam and is scheduled for a training up around the border with China. This training was arranged quite a long time ago and it's not easy to change it and would let many people down. Many people depend on her so I'm fine with her going a bit late to pick it up. My question remains the same: I assume she can pick it up later as this can't be the first time someone picked up a visa a bit late.

Timeline

You're not rude. She lives in the north of Vietnam and is scheduled for a training up around the border with China. This training was arranged quite a long time ago and it's not easy to change it and would let many people down. Many people depend on her so I'm fine with her going a bit late to pick it up. My question remains the same: I assume she can pick it up later as this can't be the first time someone picked up a visa a bit late.

Last year I remember a couple of VJ members who had to pick up their visa's late for a variety of reasons. Most likely they will give your fiance a hard time for re-scheduling pickup and ask her to come back in a week or two. Typical bureaucracy from the Consulate. If you are comfortable dealing with more hassle from the Consulate, then I guess it should be okay. Good luck to you both :)

6/1/09 - 6/11/09-----> First meeting (Japan)

11/11/09 - 11/21/09-----> Second meeting (Japan)

2/7/10 - 2/14/10-----> Third meeting (Vietnam) (First trip to Vietnam)

4/1/10 - 4/11/10-----> Fourth meeting (Vietnam) (Second trip to Vietnam)

5/5/10-----> I-129F: NOA1

8/27/10-----> NOA2

12/20/10-----> Interview Date

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I don't want to sound rude but to hell with that business trip. You spent months and months preparing for a visa from one of the toughest Consulates in the world and now that she can get one, your fiance can't pick it up because of a business trip? Just do whatever it takes and pick up the visa on March 28 and get out of there.

I have to admit cedwards is right! If my wife can't/won't drop her business trip. I'll probably hire an assasin (not kill her) to carry her in a bag to the consulate. HCMC consulate is the hardest place from all the stories and eyewitness.

07/2001 .............Met Huong when she's 14

01/23/10 ............Re-Met through Family, spoke on Skype.

Visa Journey

CR-1 Visa Journey

10/20/10 ............VN w/ Dad & Son

11/05/10 ............Married

01/25/11 ............I-130 sent (Chicago Lockbox)

01/27/11 ............I-130 delivered

01/27/11.............NOA1

03/07/11.............Touched

03/08/11 ............Back in US for Federal 2011 Taxes

03/26/11 ............Ultrasound - BABY BOY

05/24/11 ............Request for Evidence (E-Notice/Online Verified)

05/26/11 ............RFE Rec & Sent - Wanted 2 Copy Certified Divorce Decree

06/06/11 ............NOA2 Online - NVC Here I come

06/11/11 ............NOA2 in Hand

National Visa Center

06/16/11 ........... Wife mail DS230 Part 1 Signed to US address

-- including passport photos, her passport, police certificate

-- plus 3 certified copies of each.

06/24/11 ........... NVC Case # Assigned (Phone Check)

-- Choice of Agent selection via mailing DS-3032

07/18/11 ........... Mailed IV & i-864

07/20/11 ........... Package IV & i-864 NVC recived

08/11/11 ........... Case Completed

Consulate Journey

08/19/11 ........... NVC E-Mail Interview Set

for 9/23/2011

08/30/11 - New born baby.

09/05/11 - Report Birth Abroad

10/03/11 - Nguyen Thanh Phu passport received in hand.

10/17/11 - Interview reschedule 11/14/11

11/14/11 - Rescheduled Interview

Filed: Timeline

I have to admit cedwards is right! If my wife can't/won't drop her business trip. I'll probably hire an assasin (not kill her) to carry her in a bag to the consulate. HCMC consulate is the hardest place from all the stories and eyewitness.

Hello Everyone, my fiance' went a week late to pick-up her visa and had no problem whatsoever. Secondly, we had forgotten to bring the step-kids to the interview (yes, we're fools), but HCMC re-scheduled their interviews in a week's time (but we never got the letter in the mail; thank God my fiance' asked them today about the status of the interview). All-in-all, and despite the quite heated rhetoric sometimes seen on this site, we were treated fairly, quickly, professionally and respectfully. I know many people have had serious problems in HCMC, but I'm sure there's an internal logic as to how they operate.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Hello Everyone, my fiance' went a week late to pick-up her visa and had no problem whatsoever. Secondly, we had forgotten to bring the step-kids to the interview (yes, we're fools), but HCMC re-scheduled their interviews in a week's time (but we never got the letter in the mail; thank God my fiance' asked them today about the status of the interview). All-in-all, and despite the quite heated rhetoric sometimes seen on this site, we were treated fairly, quickly, professionally and respectfully. I know many people have had serious problems in HCMC, but I'm sure there's an internal logic as to how they operate.

Things have been changing since the new CG arrived last year.... not major changes but subtle ones so far, like being able to go in with yor spouse... over time the changes may just be what is needed to makeover the reputation of the consulate.. but in some ways they still want it to look like its a tough road...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Timeline

imo HCM should try to give a tough appearance. since i'm a young vietnamese guy i've probably been given 2-3 chances the last 5 years to go through with a pretend marriage for money. there are many affluent families over there where 40-50k is nothing and they would love to have a chance of their son/daughter come over.

K-1, CRBA, AOS, GC

Filed: Country: Vietnam (no flag)
Timeline

imo HCM should try to give a tough appearance. since i'm a young vietnamese guy i've probably been given 2-3 chances the last 5 years to go through with a pretend marriage for money. there are many affluent families over there where 40-50k is nothing and they would love to have a chance of their son/daughter come over.

Funny you brought that up, I've been approached by the offer on numerous occasion. I just laugh and brush them off, but I can't help but wonder if they chick was hot :hehe:

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.