iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

That is extremely odd you did not receive a solitary update in all of three weeks. At the very least I could see some updates on a weekly basis. The only other poster here who seemed to have absolutely no updates in 9 weeks was YVRDualCouple.

The update timeline on the CEAC website for me was:

May 14: Interview

May 15: Case Creation Date (Ready Status)

May 22: Still in Ready but there was a status update

May 27: Still in Ready but there was a status update

June 3: Updated to Administrative Processing

June 16: Still in Administrative Processing but there was an update

June 17: Back in the Ready position.

At the very least I have had consistent update, but wow, you haven't even had that! Just an update finally after 3 weeks. That would be extremely upsetting to say the least. Have you made any type of inquiry with the consulate or your sponsor's government representative?

The very first day after my husband's interview, ceac showed AP. After 3 weeks I sent an email and they answered and that day the ceac showed update without any change, today after 3 weeks again it shows update, but again nothing change!

Edited by Mshp

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

CEAC showed another update today after yesterday update! Still everything looks as before, AP! I hope this waiting time does not last long and next week we hear the goos news.

Glad to see you finally had some movement! I can only hope that these frequent updates the group of us here have been seeing is indicative that our visas will be ready to be printed and sent out once this systems issue is fixed. Keep us posted as always!

ROC - July 2017 CSC Filer (I-751 July 2017 Filers Spreadsheet)

• 7/15/2017: I-751 Sent
  • 7/17/2017: I-751 Received
  • 7/18/2017: NOA1 Date
  • 7/20/2017: Cheque Cashed
  • 7/21/2017: NOA1 Received
  • 7/29/2017: Biometrics Received
  • 8/10/2017: Biometics Appointment Completed
  • 2/26/2018: Case Received at Local Office
  • 11/27/2018: I-751 Case Approved - New Card Being Produced
  • 12/04/2018: Card received via USPS. ROC process now complete!

July 2017 ROC Filers Posting Template:

Service Center: CSC/VSC
First 5 Digits from WAC/EAC Receipt #: E.g. WAC17290
NOA1 Date: E.g. July 15, 2017
Filed N-400?: Yes/No
Case Transferred?: Yes/No

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

Approved?: Yes/No

If yes, what was the date of your approval?: October 1, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

If yes, did you have an interview? On what date?: Yes/No; September 30, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Timeline

my wife had her interview June 9 and on her CEAC still says READY

it's been almost 14 days now

Just out of curiosity, did they inform your wife of the expected wait time? And has her status been updated at all on the CEAC website?

The usual line most of us here received was "2 weeks or less" for our passports and visas to be returned to us. If you've been reading the thread I am sure you have seen some of the wait times; I myself have been waiting since May 14th which was well before this system downtime.

If you haven't read up on the current system problem, the long and short of it is that due to a "hardware failure" (while the real reason many believe was a systems breach) they are unable to process any foreign visas at this time. Last week they issued a statement saying that they were hopeful this upcoming week (June 22nd onward) the system would be back up and running. I believe June 9th was also the date that this systems issue was disclosed to the public?

Suffice to say, your wife's visa is going to be held up regardless of how well her interview went due to this issue. Once the system is back up and running (and provided they do not need to do any further background checks or require any further documentation) your wife's visa could be processed. I would not expect a speedy printing of that visa though, considering that there is a massive backlog of people they have to clear up first.

If yes, provide to what service center? On what date?: Yes/No; Transferred to NSC (Nebraska Service Center) on August 18, 2018

If yes, did you have a RFE (Request for Evidence)? On what date?: Yes/No; September 1, 2018

Any other information: E.g. Received my 18-month extension letter on XX; Issues cashing our check originally, etc.

Timeline

they just told her that the passport will be sent to her in 2 weeks and no update on CEAC yet

Alas, she got the standard "2 weeks" line. I can honestly say that all the people on this thread who have been waiting substantial amounts of time all received the same line. I'm going on 6 weeks while others are going on 10 or more.

Frankly, in your wife's case, I am surprised they even told her 2 weeks with the ongoing systems issue. I'm surprised they gave any sort of time line at all honestly. My suggestion, as hard as it is: wait it out. 2 weeks at this current time is just not feasible. Once this world wide issue is fixed then keep a close watch to ensure the time line does not get out of hand.

Filed: Timeline

Alas, she got the standard "2 weeks" line. I can honestly say that all the people on this thread who have been waiting substantial amounts of time all received the same line. I'm going on 6 weeks while others are going on 10 or more.

Frankly, in your wife's case, I am surprised they even told her 2 weeks with the ongoing systems issue. I'm surprised they gave any sort of time line at all honestly. My suggestion, as hard as it is: wait it out. 2 weeks at this current time is just not feasible. Once this world wide issue is fixed then keep a close watch to ensure the time line does not get out of hand.

well, that sucks big time! we were hoping that my son can celebrate his b-day here in California.

Timeline

So 22 posts are back up and running, according to the last update on the travelgov website. Im hoping Toronto and Montreal are included in that list.

Source: http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

• The Bureau of Consular Affairs is in the process of resolving technical problems with our visa systems. Though some progress has been made, biometric data processing has not been fully restored.
  • Our team continues to work on this 24/7 to restore the systems to full functionality.
  • As of noon today, 22 posts have been reconnected, representing about half of the global nonimmigrant visa volume.

Points 1 and 3 seem a bit contradicting, no? The first one implies that biometric data processing is down across the board still but point three implies that 22 posts are back and fully functioning? Unless of course point one was made earlier on today before noon?

Whatever the case, if 22 posts are back at full steam ahead, I would be of the mindset that Montreal at the very least is included in that. They essentially handle all family/spouse visas in Canada so I would like to think that critical link is back up and running. I've been wrong before, but hey, at least there is a small glimmer of hope here.

Source: http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Points 1 and 3 seem a bit contradicting, no? The first one implies that biometric data processing is down across the board still but point three implies that 22 posts are back and fully functioning? Unless of course point one was made earlier on today before noon?

Whatever the case, if 22 posts are back at full steam ahead, I would be of the mindset that Montreal at the very least is included in that. They essentially handle all family/spouse visas in Canada so I would like to think that critical link is back up and running. I've been wrong before, but hey, at least there is a small glimmer of hope here.

I hope so! crossing fingers

Sorry to bring bad news, but neither Toronto nor Montreal are part of the 39 (new update today) posts reconnected: http://travel.state.gov/content/travel/english/news/technological-systems-issue.html

Tomorrow being a bank Holiday in Montreal, and with July 1st and July 3rd around the corner next week, I don't expect them to be very fast catching up with the backlog.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Just got a Loomis notification email. "Your passport has been picked up from the Consular Section and within the next few days you will be able to pick it up at:" and the loomis location I picked. It has tracking information too.

My interview date was May 19th, the CEAC website still says Administrative Processing (last update June 8).

Horray!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.