iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

My fiancee got a paper that said 6 to 8 weeks of waiting, but I know that can't be true. What happened was my letter of intent to marry before the interview was expired apparently. So, we had to send in the letter of intent and his passport together. I looked online and it was issued and approved September 10th. Below it said "if you haven't received your visa and passport after 5 days contact Loomis" My fiancee contacted Loomis and they said there is nothing there for him. He plans on contacting the Embassy sometime this week to see why it hasn't been delivered yet. 6 to 8 weeks seems like a very long time to wait for a simple visa and passport. As of today 19 days have passed since issued the visa. :huh2:

My fiancee got a paper that said 6 to 8 weeks of waiting, but I know that can't be true. What happened was my letter of intent to marry before the interview was expired apparently. So, we had to send in the letter of intent and his passport together. I looked online and it was issued and approved September 10th. Below it said "if you haven't received your visa and passport after 5 days contact Loomis" My fiancee contacted Loomis and they said there is nothing there for him. He plans on contacting the Embassy sometime this week to see why it hasn't been delivered yet. 6 to 8 weeks seems like a very long time to wait for a simple visa and passport. As of today 19 days have passed since issued the visa. :huh2:

Don't put your full belief in that CEAC system. It may not have truly been issued/approved on that date. Plus, I believe there's still another update after that that says the visa was printed.

But anyways, yes, contacting the consulate would be the best thing to find out the exact status of your case.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't put your full belief in that CEAC system. It may not have truly been issued/approved on that date. Plus, I believe there's still another update after that that says the visa was printed.

But anyways, yes, contacting the consulate would be the best thing to find out the exact status of your case.

For K-1s we don't get a status that says it's printed, only the IV visas get that status (so lucky!).

Juppbear, did you contact the consulate?

K-1

I-129F NOA1 => NOA2: 161 days

NOA2 => Interview: 64 days

AP: 33 days

Total: 258 days

AOS

I-485 NOA => GC: 333 days

No Interview

ROC

07/30/2017: Package Sent

08/01/2017: NOA

09/07/2017: Biometrics

12/04/2018: Approved! 490 days

For K-1s we don't get a status that says it's printed, only the IV visas get that status (so lucky!).

Ohhh, didn't know that! Weird that K1s don't...

Timeline

Ohhh, didn't know that! Weird that K1s don't...

When you mentioned it I got all excited and I researched it, but alas...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/479174-meaning-of-ceac-status-updates/

The Issued status for NIVs is different from the Issued status for IVs :(

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

When you mentioned it I got all excited and I researched it, but alas...

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/479174-meaning-of-ceac-status-updates/

The Issued status for NIVs is different from the Issued status for IVs :(

Hmm, but in the IV portion, they don't mention 'Printed', but I've heard here people mention that's a status. There's also an 'In Transit' status not mentioned there either for when the case is being shipped from NVC to the consulate/embassy. They may have included these after that list was created, so unless you know of recent K1 cases that never saw 'Printed', then it may apply to K1 applicants as well...

Timeline

Hmm, but in the IV portion, they don't mention 'Printed', but I've heard here people mention that's a status. There's also an 'In Transit' status not mentioned there either for when the case is being shipped from NVC to the consulate/embassy. They may have included these after that list was created, so unless you know of recent K1 cases that never saw 'Printed', then it may apply to K1 applicants as well...

I found where that person got his info: http://blogs.usembassy.gov/malaysia/check-the-status-of-your-visa-online-ceac-status-check/

I just noticed they left out the "In Transit" status, they left out "At NVC" too, I guess it only matters when the file is at the consulate. I googled loads of screenshots of "Issued" statuses, the IVs get a "printed" message under their Issued status while the NIVs are vague with that "In final processing" message they get under their Issued status. I suppose you can't rely on CEAC 100% (we need a smiley that does a shrugging motion!).

K-1

AOS

No Interview

ROC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

The phone number to the Embassy/ Consulate always has a busy signal. They never pick up and after ahile the phonecall just stops. We got fed up with waiting and contacted Loomis. Apparently his visa was there since September 12th and no one bothered to tell us it was there nor did we know the waybill number that the Embassy made with Loomis for delivery. He is picking it up next week. I suppose the Montreal Consulate isn't to blame but Loomis is, which I have heard from my brother that Loomis is a terrible company that hires people who don't know what they're doing. Thankyou both for the information you offered.

I found where that person got his info: http://blogs.usembassy.gov/malaysia/check-the-status-of-your-visa-online-ceac-status-check/

I just noticed they left out the "In Transit" status, they left out "At NVC" too, I guess it only matters when the file is at the consulate. I googled loads of screenshots of "Issued" statuses, the IVs get a "printed" message under their Issued status while the NIVs are vague with that "In final processing" message they get under their Issued status. I suppose you can't rely on CEAC 100% (we need a smiley that does a shrugging motion!).

Yeah, that blog was posted almost 2 years ago, in December 2012 :rofl: So, I'm sure there's been a few changes since then.

Oh well!

And haha, we definitely could use a shrugging emoticon! (I swear, I thought there was, but nope! Was thinking of another forum)

The phone number to the Embassy/ Consulate always has a busy signal. They never pick up and after ahile the phonecall just stops. We got fed up with waiting and contacted Loomis. Apparently his visa was there since September 12th and no one bothered to tell us it was there nor did we know the waybill number that the Embassy made with Loomis for delivery. He is picking it up next week. I suppose the Montreal Consulate isn't to blame but Loomis is, which I have heard from my brother that Loomis is a terrible company that hires people who don't know what they're doing. Thankyou both for the information you offered.

Although it's a bummer it's been sitting there so long, glad it's at least there (and not lost someone in the consulate)!

Edited by Saylin

He should make a complaint with Loomis after picking up the package. Make sure it hasn't been opened. That has happened to people!

You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose.  - Dr. Seuss

• 4 weeks later...
Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi Guys,

Finally got an interview date for Montreal Nov 25. I was wondering how long does it take to get the passport back from Loomis after visa is approved. I just have something going on on Dec 4th and am wondering if I will have enough time to get to Tampa before then. Sorry, if this question has been asked before.

IR-1/CR-1 Visa Event Date Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-03-15

I-130 Sent : 2013-07-19 I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-22

I-130 Approved : 2014-01-21

NVC Received : 2014-01-31

Case Number Assigned: 2014-03-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2014-03-13

Pay I-864 Bill 2014-03-13

Return Completed I-864 : 2014-04-10

Receive IV Bill : 2014-03-13

Pay IV Bill : 2014-03-13

Packet received by NVC: 2014-04-11

Hi Guys,

Finally got an interview date for Montreal Nov 25. I was wondering how long does it take to get the passport back from Loomis after visa is approved. I just have something going on on Dec 4th and am wondering if I will have enough time to get to Tampa before then. Sorry, if this question has been asked before.

Welcome to the thread ;)

I don't know about recent data (hopefully some members can chime in), but just wanted to mention: that Thursday will be Thanksgiving, so the consulate will be closed. If you get approved and if they can issue the visa before Thursday and mail it out, then it's possible you can get to the US before Dec 4. But, there's never a guarantee.

By the way, jealous you get to go to Tampa!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Thanks Saylin :) It's finally happening, after almost 2 yrs of marriage (slight exaggeration). I do realize that its Thanksgiving week. Hope it gets processed and approved the day of.

Welcome to the thread ;)

I don't know about recent data (hopefully some members can chime in), but just wanted to mention: that Thursday will be Thanksgiving, so the consulate will be closed. If you get approved and if they can issue the visa before Thursday and mail it out, then it's possible you can get to the US before Dec 4. But, there's never a guarantee.

By the way, jealous you get to go to Tampa!

IR-1/CR-1 Visa Event Date Service Center : National Benefits Center

Consulate : Montreal, Canada

Marriage (if applicable): 2013-03-15

I-130 Sent : 2013-07-19 I-130 NOA1 : 2013-07-22

I-130 Approved : 2014-01-21

NVC Received : 2014-01-31

Case Number Assigned: 2014-03-11

Received DS-3032 / I-864 Bill : 2014-03-13

Pay I-864 Bill 2014-03-13

Return Completed I-864 : 2014-04-10

Receive IV Bill : 2014-03-13

Pay IV Bill : 2014-03-13

Packet received by NVC: 2014-04-11

Thanks Saylin :) It's finally happening, after almost 2 yrs of marriage (slight exaggeration). I do realize that its Thanksgiving week. Hope it gets processed and approved the day of.

I have seen cases where the visa has been issued and mailed out the day of the interview, so it's always possible ;)

Hi Guys,

I just had my interview on last Tuesday (Oct 21) and my passport was ready for pickup yesterday (Oct 29). Just picked it up this morning!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.