iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

:thumbs:

Visa in hand!!!!!!!!!! Heading down South Saturday! Can hardly wait to see my hubby, daughter and grandson! Been a long 2 years but I thank God it's over! God speed for everyone waiting!

Grats to another one today!! kicking.gifkicking.gifkicking.gif

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There were a few of us who interviewed on the 25th last week. There are some who have already received their passports and visa's (took 2 days and congrats to you who have) while some of us are still waiting to get that magic email from Loomis or posting on the CSC site with the waybill number.

Just curious how the consulate processes and sends out some visa's within a couple of days and how some take awhile before they go out even if the interviews were all on the same day.

I'm getting mine delivered to Markham. I think that people who got their's right away were getting the visa's sent to Brampton...could this be because Brampton is closer to YYZ?

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

There were a few of us who interviewed on the 25th last week. There are some who have already received their passports and visa's (took 2 days and congrats to you who have) while some of us are still waiting to get that magic email from Loomis or posting on the CSC site with the waybill number.

Just curious how the consulate processes and sends out some visa's within a couple of days and how some take awhile before they go out even if the interviews were all on the same day.

I'm getting mine delivered to Markham. I think that people who got their's right away were getting the visa's sent to Brampton...could this be because Brampton is closer to YYZ?

Just checked the CSC site and saw that beautiful sentence that passport was ready for pickup!!! Sweet!!!

NATURALIZATION -WOOOHOO

Final paperwork sent to lawyer - 14-Dec-2015

GC-Date: Resident Since 02/13/2013

Sent: N-400 Sent 12/21/2015
NOA: 12/24/2015

Biometrics: 01/20/2016
In Line: 01/25/2016
Int Ltr: 01/28/2016
Interview: 03/08/2016
Oath: 04/14/2016
Field Office: Buffalo NY

I am a US Citizen!!!

Just checked the CSC site and saw that beautiful sentence that passport was ready for pickup!!! Sweet!!!

Yay!! kicking.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

That's super news! Congrats!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Just received a letter in mail dated April 27th, saying thanks for correspondence (don't know which correspondence they are talking about, I only called DOS, nothing to MTL) and that my case is in Administrative Processing and they will let me know once it is completed. This clearly means my case is now in limbo for atleast 2 to 4 more weeks. I sent them required domicile info on April 5th.

I sent about 12 items/docs. If they are going to verify each everything, the AP might take longer I guess. Unless someone has different experience in refusal case based on Domicle and re-submission of I864 AOS form.

I have had job interviews in last 8 days, but it all boils down to 'having legal status or SSN' in US. The consulate wants to see a job offer. Its like which came first, chicken or egg. My house sale is also in pending due to visa. I completed my home renovation in record time. I think its a normal time that MTL is taking for AP after a refusal, I estimated a two week turn over before joining VJ. It was my mistake.

Timeline

Just received a letter in mail dated April 27th, saying thanks for correspondence (don't know which correspondence they are talking about, I only called DOS, nothing to MTL) and that my case is in Administrative Processing and they will let me know once it is completed. This clearly means my case is now in limbo for atleast 2 to 4 more weeks. I sent them required domicile info on April 5th.

I sent about 12 items/docs. If they are going to verify each everything, the AP might take longer I guess. Unless someone has different experience in refusal case based on Domicle and re-submission of I864 AOS form.

I have had job interviews in last 8 days, but it all boils down to 'having legal status or SSN' in US. The consulate wants to see a job offer. Its like which came first, chicken or egg. My house sale is also in pending due to visa. I completed my home renovation in record time. I think its a normal time that MTL is taking for AP after a refusal, I estimated a two week turn over before joining VJ. It was my mistake.

Ugh, I'm so sorry Jazzly. That sucks. I definitely learned common sense does not apply to estimating anything with immigration. My sympathies...

USC attempting to obtain GC for Canadian husband

event.png

Apr 11, 2011: I-130 filed
Jul 11, 2011: I-130 approved
Aug 18, 2011: NVC process begins
Oct 6, 2011: NVC process completed
Nov 4, 2011: Interview date assigned
Dec 2, 2011: Interview at Consulate (Result: AP - No reason given on 221g)
Feb 7, 2012: Passport requested by Consulate
(...Husband needed passport for personal reasons during this time...)
Apr 9, 2012: Passport mailed to Consulate
Apr 25, 2012: Visa issued
May 1, 2012: Visa in hand
May 31, 2012: POE at Montreal's Trudeau Airport
Early July: Physical Green Card received in mail. Yes, it's green!

March 13, 2014: ROC filed (went to VSC)

March 17, 2014: NOA

April 22, 2014: Biometrics appointment

December 9, 2014: Case inquiry initiated

December 11, 2014: Response: "The processing of your case has been delayed. A check of our records establishes that your case is not yet ready for decision, as the required security checks remain pending."

March 14, 2014: Received NOA that approval had been given on March 10; expect new GC within 60 days.

Timeline

Anyone here, whose AP went for months recently? I read horrible stories on VJ but those were from 2010 when ppl were in AP for upto 6 months. I hope that is not the case. I am selling my house this month anyway just if the visa arrives before the deal is final, it will give me advantage to choose end of June or July closing date. Atleast I can goto US and apply for job with a valid SSN in the meantime. So far the answer from three recent interviewers is, no Green Card = No Job letter.

• 2 weeks later...

Totally awesome.....can only hope mine shows up in 3 days....Burlington eh, that's mine too! Wondering if Burlington has dibs on fast delivery???

Dorval (in Quebec) has dibs on fast delivery as well. Got mine in 3 days too ;)

Totally awesome.....can only hope mine shows up in 3 days....Burlington eh, that's mine too! Wondering if Burlington has dibs on fast delivery???

Ours was ready the next day at Dorval!

Timeline

My interview was on the 9th, and my passport was ready on the 11th. I haven't picked it up yet - going tomorrow!

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.