iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

It is so frustrating but that would be amazing if we all heard something this week! In moments of anger and desperation I want to email the consulate but I know they won't tell me anything other than wait the 8 weeks lol fingers crossed for us all

Timeline

It is so frustrating but that would be amazing if we all heard something this week! In moments of anger and desperation I want to email the consulate but I know they won't tell me anything other than wait the 8 weeks lol fingers crossed for us all

Nothing on mine either, 11 months in 2 weeks :clock:(L)

Timeline

Yes! Congrats :)

Thank you! Hoping to have my passport in my hands by the end of the week! This is a good sign for you as well...looks like they are working on cases where people had to send in additional documents! Sending you nothing but good vibes!

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Awesome news...you're on your way!!! Praying for everyone else to hear good news this week too!! <3

Hang in there Idy...not a day goes by where I don't think about you...it will be soon....

K1 filed September 4, 2015

K1 Issued Feb 25, 2016

Entered the US June 3, 2016

Married June 13, 2016

AOS filed June 28, 2016

Paperwork received June 29, 2016

NOA dated July 11, 2016 for 485, 131, 765

RFIE mailed August 13, 2016

RFIE sent express August 22, 2016 ***Make sure you all use the latest forms from USCIS or RFIE***

RFIE accepted August 24, 2016

EAD Card is being produced September 13, 2016

Green Card is being produced November 17, 2016

AOS Approved November 18, 2016

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/d/4;10766;472/st/20160711/e/NOA+1/k/25e6/event.png

Timeline

Que esta pasando? omg its taking too long!!

CEAC Status
Dec 3, 2015 - Docs sent

Dec 4, 2015 - Offsite received docs

Dec 7, 2015 - Have not received docs

Dec 8, 2015 - Refused

Dec 9, 2015 - Refused

Dec 11, 2015 - Confirmed docs physically received on the 8th

Dec 22, 2015 - Refused

Dec 29, 2015 - Refused

Dec 31, 2015 - Refused

Jan 20, 2016 - Ready

Jan 21, 2016 - Ready

Jan 25, 2016 - Issued (AP)

Jan 26, 2016 - Issued (Final)

Jan 28, 2015 - Visa in Hand

Feb 6, 2016 - POE ( Peace Bridge)

Timeline

Awesome news...you're on your way!!! Praying for everyone else to hear good news this week too!! <3

Hang in there Idy...not a day goes by where I don't think about you...it will be soon....

Chrisete, you weren't kidding about your heart racing...I keep going back to check to see the words Issued! Hoping it'll change tomorrow so I can have my Passport in my heads by the end of the week or on Monday!

Timeline

Hey guys,

Quick question: my ready status says ready: Your case is ready for you to schedule an interview at the U.S. Consulate General in Montreal. If you have already scheduled an interview appointment, please prepare your documents as directed in your appointment letter and appear at the Consulate on the appointed date and time... I've noticed people getting another ready status that mentions something about if you have had an interview wait 2 business days (Chrisete, I think you had this?). I am just wondering if this is normal or if this is something I need to email the consulate about?

Timeline

Wow!! I'm sorry yours is taking so long! Have they told you (or do you know) why it has been such a long time?

It seems the only issue is that hubby was born in Cuba, even though has been in Canada for almost 20 years is Can Citiz, has been here in the states a hundred times. and all his records are clean from both countries. They have never said that is the reason. after talking to a couple of attorneys we find out the possible reason. At the interview the CO told my husband that everything was fine and just wait 2 or 3 weeks.
really hope everybody waiting will finish this process soon. it's not pleasant at all.
:)

Timeline
It seems the only issue is that hubby was born in Cuba, even though has been in Canada for almost 20 years is Can Citiz, has been here in the states a hundred times. and all his records are clean from both countries. They have never said that is the reason. after talking to a couple of attorneys we find out the possible reason. At the interview the CO told my husband that everything was fine and just wait 2 or 3 weeks.
really hope everybody waiting will finish this process soon. it's not pleasant at all.
:)

Idy, It is terrible that you are still stuck in this mess! Is there absolutely nothing you can do? After more than 11 months it shocks me that there has been no progress =( Hoping that you can put all of this behind you soon!

Timeline

Thank you my friend!! hope they will work on it before the interview's anniversary! :wacko::P(L):)

Timeline

Idy, It is terrible that you are still stuck in this mess! Is there absolutely nothing you can do? After more than 11 months it shocks me that there has been no progress =( Hoping that you can put all of this behind you soon!

Hi kavi!

Thank you for your good wishes. I have done what has been possible on our side. involved senator, congressman, even wrote to the US consul in Ottawa. writing to the consulate every couple of weeks... messages thru face book... and nothing. :bonk:
The answer has been always the same "The case is still under AP. we need to wait" I just hope they complete whatever they are doing soon. :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.