iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to take a WAG and say that since they're doing all the K-1 interviews there as of April, things will slow down a little as the volume of paper passing through will increase.

2009/09/30 Married
IR-1 begins: 2015/07/07 Courier I-130 petition to Chicago

2015/07/08 Petition delivered | NOA1 date
2015/07/10 Received emailed NOA1 (California) 2015/07/20 Received snail mail NOA1
2015/08/25 NOA2 by email/USCIS site (48 days) 2015/09/02 Received snail mail NOA2

2015/09/15 Received by NVC (21 days)

2015/09/27 Case number assigned (12 days) 2015/09/28 Got case number and IIN over the phone
2015/09/28 Submitted DS-261 2015/09/29 Paid AOS fee (IN PROCESS) 2015/10/01 AOS fee PAID
2015/10/13 Received NVC Welcome Letter hard copy
2015/10/15 Reviewed DS-261 (17 days)
2015/10/16 Received IV Invoice 2015/10/16 Paid IV fee (IN PROCESS)

2015/10/17 Submitted AOS package & IV package 2015/10/19 IV fee PAID 2015/10/19 Submitted DS-260 (scan date)

2015/10/20 Re-sent files (new scan date) 2015/10/29 CASE COMPLETE!

2015/11/13 Heard about interview date (phone) (15 days) 2015/12/07 Medical

2015/12/18 INTERVIEW! 221(g) request for additional sponsor. Otherwise good to go!

2016/01/07 Additional information and passport sent back to Mtl Consulate.

2016/01/12 Passport & 221g delivered to Consulate

2016/01/14 Status updated on CEAC; no update yet on ais.usvisa-info.com

2016/01/28 Status updated to READY 2016/01/29 Status updated to ISSUED

2016/02/01 Received Canada Post info 2016/02/03 Got it!

2016/02/04 POE YVR

2016/03/18 Received green card

2018/11/08 Submitted N-400 online

2018/11/09 Estimated wait time: 31 Days  2018/11/09 Estimated case completion time: 11 months

2018/11/10 Biometrics appt scheduled 2018/11/13 Appointment letter received online

2018/11/27 Biometrics appt

2019/02/25 Interview scheduled

2019/04/01 Interview: APPROVED

2019/04/23 Oath Ceremony

2020/04/03 Elected to local office

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'm going to take a WAG and say that since they're doing all the K-1 interviews there as of April, things will slow down a little as the volume of paper passing through will increase.

Read that somewhere...that shouldn't affect people that had their interviews in February and March though...I think the Vancouver office is handling all interviews and paperwork received before the 31st. Looks like you were in a similar situation and you received your visa slightly over two weeks!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

What have you guys said to your congressman? Do you just email them, and what do you say?

Also, has a congressman been able to help anyone in the past?

It is just so incredibly frustrating that they won't give us any information or even let us talk to anyone! I don't know any other system or official office that has these type of crazy rules and restrictions to getting basic information in the U.S.!

Timeline

What have you guys said to your congressman? Do you just email them, and what do you say?

Also, has a congressman been able to help anyone in the past?

It is just so incredibly frustrating that they won't give us any information or even let us talk to anyone! I don't know any other system or official office that has these type of crazy rules and restrictions to getting basic information in the U.S.!

We basically explained our situation to our congressman and told him that we are looking to get more information. He inquired to the DoS about it. Unfortunately, he told us there is nothing he can do until April 21st and we would just have to wait it out.

From what I have read on this forum, unless your circumstances are out of the ordinary like Lynmthomas, your local congressman can't really expedite your process.

I know things are really frustrating right now but looks like you, Lynmthomas and I are on the same timeline..we're all in this together! Hoping for lots of good news soon!

Filed: Country: Canada
Timeline

Hi,

I was interviewed by the end of January and now I'm waiting for administrative processing. I gave them my prepared resume during the interview and I was told that it took about 4 weeks. Due to an emergency situation, I asked embassy for sending my passport. Now, I come back to Canada and my status was updated only couple ot times (once I asked for my passsport and also in mid of March). It still shows administrative processeing.

My question is about sending back my passport to embassy. Do I have to it right now or I have to wait until the embassy inform me to do that?

Thanks

Timeline

No updates for us :(

Was really hoping to not have to go through another weekend with no updates :(

Let's hope they are able to catch up next week since its a full 5 days! I am really worried...we have family coming to visit my husband and I in the states on the 15th..it'll be really sad if I am not there!

Hi,

I was interviewed by the end of January and now I'm waiting for administrative processing. I gave them my prepared resume during the interview and I was told that it took about 4 weeks. Due to an emergency situation, I asked embassy for sending my passport. Now, I come back to Canada and my status was updated only couple ot times (once I asked for my passsport and also in mid of March). It still shows administrative processeing.

My question is about sending back my passport to embassy. Do I have to it right now or I have to wait until the embassy inform me to do that?

Thanks

I don't think it will hurt you to send your passport early...at some point once your case is out of admin processing they will email you asking for your passport...by sending it now you would save some time!

Timeline

No updates for us :( Case still hasn't been touched since the 22nd.

I read earlier on in this forum that they do issuance in batches when you have to send something in...hoping that next week is it! 5 whole days to update our cases!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I read earlier on in this forum that they do issuance in batches when you have to send something in...hoping that next week is it! 5 whole days to update our cases!

Crossing my fingers for all of us! Really hope we get some updates this week!!

Timeline

Mine hasn't been touched

Frustrating...I have spent the whole day trying to figure out a system for this...everything I've read says that we should get some news this week unless they are doing some serious background checks (I don't think anyone of us are in that situation though). Come on Montreal!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.