iampatricias

Waiting for our passports from Montreal

Passport wait times  

299 members have voted

1. 1. How long did you wait for your passport after your Montreal interview?

• 1-3 business days
    • 4-7 business days
    • 8-10 business days
    • 11-14 business days
    • More than 14 business days - they were just very slow.
    • More than 14 business days - my circumstances were exceptional.
  2. 2. If your wait was longer than expected, what do you think caused the delay?

• The US Consulate in Montreal caused the delay.
    • DHL delivery caused the delay.
    • All of the above.
    • None of the above. Something else caused the delay.
    • None of the above. I was satisfied with the delivery time.

2,640 posts in this topic

So.... I called DOS today to see if there was a waybill or any change in my file since my visa was apparently printed last Wednesday. However the woman today said, I don't know who told you it was printed, she said the status was approved on the 8th. Which I gather is a step ahead or AP. She said they normally print thevday of or soon after the file is approved. So confusing seeing as my interview was may 25th, you'd think approved would mean from the Interview

Anyone else ever experience this?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

So.... I called DOS today to see if there was a waybill or any change in my file since my visa was apparently printed last Wednesday. However the woman today said, I don't know who told you it was printed, she said the status was approved on the 8th. Which I gather is a step ahead or AP. She said they normally print thevday of or soon after the file is approved. So confusing seeing as my interview was may 25th, you'd think approved would mean from the Interview

Anyone else ever experience this?

sad.gif sorry to hear you visa isn't on it's way to you yet!!! it's really messed up on how you can't seem to trust what your told when calling DOS...seems to change with each person you get on the phone!mad.gif

sad.gif sorry to hear you visa isn't on it's way to you yet!!! it's really messed up on how you can't seem to trust what your told when calling DOS...seems to change with each person you get on the phone!mad.gif

So frustrating, yet someone from our group on the 25th got there's last week. I'm really happy for eveyone who is getting them. But in really wanted Matt to fly in Thursday and drive with me. Looks like if it doesn't get here he is away for work for two weeks, and I've way over stayed my welcome living at my parent since February. So looks like I'll be towing the trailer. Watch out all the states that I'll be drivin through. Lol

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

So frustrating, yet someone from our group on the 25th got there's last week. I'm really happy for eveyone who is getting them. But in really wanted Matt to fly in Thursday and drive with me. Looks like if it doesn't get here he is away for work for two weeks, and I've way over stayed my welcome living at my parent since February. So looks like I'll be towing the trailer. Watch out all the states that I'll be drivin through. Lol

Sorry to hear that. I thought for sure you would have a tracking number by today! I think our visa was shipped 3 days after it was issued (or approved?) so you should definitely hear soon. You would think they'd process everyone who interviewed on the same day at the same time.

Finally got my DHL Email! Talk about pushing it to the last minute, was going to have to cancel Matts flight here for our drive tomorrow AM.. but i got my waybill.. this is crazy, didnt know an email could make you this excited.

Also, DOS this morning told me my visa wasnt even necessarily printed, so everyone, ive conculded DOS doesnt know anything thats going on with our cases.. Just wait to the trusty email around 7PM :)

I was chatting with Matt on facebook about how it looked like he wasnt going to be flying here.. then all of a sudden i told him OMG i just got the email. He thought i was messin with him.. hehe

Timeline

Finally got my DHL Email! Talk about pushing it to the last minute, was going to have to cancel Matts flight here for our drive tomorrow AM.. but i got my waybill.. this is crazy, didnt know an email could make you this excited.

Also, DOS this morning told me my visa wasnt even necessarily printed, so everyone, ive conculded DOS doesnt know anything thats going on with our cases.. Just wait to the trusty email around 7PM :)

I was chatting with Matt on facebook about how it looked like he wasnt going to be flying here.. then all of a sudden i told him OMG i just got the email. He thought i was messin with him.. hehe

Yay!!! Congrats!

Congratulations!! :D :D

K1:
10-27-10 : I129F Sent
11-03-10 : NOA1
04-06-11 : NOA2
06-20-11 : Medical (Toronto)
08-03-11 : Interview - APPROVED!
08-12-11 : Visa in Hand & POE
09-17-11 : Wedding <3

AOS:
11-02-11 : AOS Sent
12-05-11 : RFE
12-09-11 : Biometrics
01-11-12 : EAD/AP Card received
01-30-12 : AOS Interview
02-03-12 : Card Production Ordered
02-08-12 : Green Card received

ROC:

11-22-13 : ROC Sent

11-27-13 : NOA

12-17-13 : Biometrics

04-01-14 : RFE

05-16-14 : RFE Response Sent

05-22-14 : Card Production Ordered

05-30-14 : Card in hand

Thanks all! For everyone getting interviews here on out i hope that it doesnt take 3 weeks for you guys!! Seriously.. this process that i was told by a lawyer would take 5-6 mths.. 7 max took a long 11 months!

But its all over.. don't think ill be completely calm until i pass the boarder!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

kicking.gif Congratulations!!!! So happy for you and Matt!!! I hope you have an easy POE and a safe trip!!!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations! Have a smooth POE. Just went through mine at Pearson and it took a big 15 minutes (at 9 AM)... now my 4 hours layover sounds way overkill!

US citizen since April 2016

ROC completed April 2014

AOS from K1 completed February 2012

has anyone who has interviewed in the last few weeks gotten their passports back in the 3-5 business day window? or is around 2 weeks the norm right now? we're debating whether or not we should try and book a plane ticket and HOPE i get the passport back on time :P

has anyone who has interviewed in the last few weeks gotten their passports back in the 3-5 business day window? or is around 2 weeks the norm right now? we're debating whether or not we should try and book a plane ticket and HOPE i get the passport back on time :P

Mine was the 25th. Took 3 weeks. I'd say give yourself 3-4 weeks after ur interview to play it safe

Timeline

Well I finally got the DHL email last night. I thought we would never get it. Almost a full month after the interview. 18 business days. They printed it 14 business days ago according to DOS. I put in a Congressional on Monday and they got right on it. I don't know what the hold up was except I know that the Consulate in Montreal is extremely backed up right now. Congratulations to all who have made it this far and good luck and patience to those who are waiting.

Sent I129-F to Vermont Service Center- 7/23/10

NOA1- 7/29/10

NOA2- 1/26/11

Case sent to Montreal Consulate General of the United States, Visa Unit 1/31/11

Consulate received case from NVC 2/23/11

RFE-for Canadian proof of Status 2/23/11

Packet 3 received from consulate- 3/07/11

Packet 3 sent (2nd time after a correction)- 3/28/11

Packet 3 received by consulate/Packet 4 sent- 4/8/11

Interview-5/18/11

Visa received 6/16/11

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.